cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

It's hard to believe people are that dumb...........

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
Bison gets another one in Yellowstone

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.
35 REPLIES 35

SCVJeff
Explorer
Explorer

All these came off the same email joke and by far the funniest of them I can't post cuz of a banned word ๐Ÿ˜ž
Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350

Finally_Time
Explorer
Explorer
My favorite video is one a lady in Yellowstone had of a big bull Bison standing cross-ways in the road. An irate driver behind the Bison honked his horn loud and long. The Bison casually tossed his head at the car; took out the left headlight, crumpled the fender and pushed in the hood. The Bison then strolled across the road. Really smart, blow your horn at something that weighs a ton.
'17 Tiffin Breeze 31BR, '13 Honda CR-V
Ready Brute Elite Tow Bar & Brake System

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
As a former coworker of mine (A very lovely woman) used to describe some people:

TOO STUPID TO LIVE!

And Fla-gypsy... Yes some of them at least.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
They were acting just like a voter
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

navegator
Explorer
Explorer
I grew up in my uncles farm, even a one month old calf can inflict a lot of damage to a human, even just playing, and they have seen us from day one when they were born, they are domesticated farm animals, only very stupid people do not understand the word "wild" and nature, ergo the tourists should be put down not the "wild animal" that is doing what it knows to do, keep your distance this is my territory.

navegator

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Man I grew up on a farm tending domestic animals that were 10-20 times my weight..... And even those you do not want to piss off.

But as I posted earlier (Darwin awards link) there is but one cure for those types.. The sad part is folks like I used to be (Retired police dispatcher) and those we work with (police, fire, ems) have to clean up the mess.

Then I got to read all about those dangerous animnals that need to be put down (There is but one "Dangerous Animai\l" That animnal walks on 2 legs and has but a little hair).

To lighten this up a bit a joke. Since this is about animal attacks....

Two hunters are in the woods when a bear comes charging in attack mode.. One quickly straps on his track shoes.

The other says "Why are you putting those on, you will never outrun the bear"

"I don't have to outrun the bear...I only need to outrun you"

vic46
Explorer
Explorer
Bigdog wrote:
At least it wasn't like the one we saw in the Black Hills several years ago. A guy put about a 3-4 year old boy on the back of a big bull and then walked aaway to take his pix. The BIG bull decided he didn't want to have his pix taken and walked away with the little boy hanging on with both hands. The guy started running after the buffalo and the herd closed up. He finally got the little kid, who thought it was the greatest thing ever. He was laughing about it,but not the mom who was really yelling at the dad when she saw what had happened. In japanese.

Similar experience in Banff town sight. Lady putting what I would guess was a 3 or 4 year old on the back of an Elk for a photo opp! I suspect the language would have been Japanese had I stayed around to watch the outcome.
[COLOR=]Never argue with an idiot. You will be dragged down to their level and then beaten with experience.

SCVJeff
Explorer
Explorer
People teach their kids how sweet and innocent Bambi is until you p!$$ them off or corner them. That day isn't gonna end well..
Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350

TXiceman
Explorer
Explorer
City folks do not have a clue about wild animals. They are wild and can do anything at any time. You need to give all wild animals a lot of room.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator.
2023 Cougar 22MLS, toted with a 2022, F150, 3.5L EcoBoost, Crewcab, Max Tow, FORMER Full Time RVer. Travel with a standard schnauzer and a Timneh African Gray parrot

BubbaChris
Explorer
Explorer
Around here they start training them young - look up YouTube videos for Rodeo Cash Cow.
2013 Heartland North Trail 22 FBS Caliber Edition
2013 Ford Expedition EL with Tow Package

lbrjet
Explorer
Explorer
We just pulled into Yellowstone today for a week. Time to enjoy the fun.
2010 F250 4X4 5.4L 3.73 LS
2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
Equalizer E4 1200/12000

kknowlton
Explorer
Explorer
Work there (Yellowstone) and you quickly learn just how many tourists leave their brains at home when on vacation.
2020 Toyota Tundra CrewMax 5.7L V8 w/ tow pkg, Equal-i-zer
2020 Lance 2375

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Jeff,, I'm saving that "Traffic stop" photo for my friend the Chief Deputy.

Einstein said it: The Universe is finite (Some argue about that) Stupidity knows no limits,, at least they say he said it, I do not think he did.

But still. Good saying.

I know folks who say you can not fix stupid.. You can www.darwinawards.com is all about how many have found unique and impressive ways to fix their stupid.

(NOTE: if you have never visited that site,, EMPTY YOUR MOUTH FIRST.

My office phone number was 9-1-1...... When it comes to Stupid, not much we have not heard.

Oh, finally,, How to take a selfie with a wild bison

First, take picture of wild bison
Then take selfe after bison moves on
Then photoshop.

mowermech
Explorer
Explorer
MrWizard wrote:
3oaks wrote:
rhagfo wrote:

So true!!!

Somewhere along the line we have lost "Common Sense" as Common Knowledge!
No, WE did not loose "Common Sense". I still know better and have survived through the years using common sense and better judgment. And I am sure others have too!

a LARGE portion of modern American populace has lost common sense regarding animals and nature in general

I disagree. They do have a modicum of "common sense", but they are of the Disney Generation. The only "wild" animals they have seen are the squirrels in their City Parks, and birds. Mostly pigeons.
They have only seen real "wild animals" on television and in the movies. They believe that all such animals are cute and cuddly, with nary a mean bone in their body. It is shocking to them when they find out the real wild animals would just as soon kill them as look at them. Not because they are mean or vicious, but because they are actually WILD animals!
They are also the ones who often ask "What time do they turn the geysers off at night, and when do they turn them back on in the morning?"
They just have no concept of Nature. Like I said, Disney and City Parks is all they know!
CM1, USN (RET)
2017 Jayco TT
Daily Driver: '14 Subaru Outback
1998 Dodge QC LWB, Cummins, 5 speed, 4X2
2 Kawasaki Brute Force 750 ATVs.
Pride Raptor 3 wheeled off-road capable mobility scooter
"When seconds count, help is only minutes away!"