cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

It's hard to believe people are that dumb...........

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
Bison gets another one in Yellowstone

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.
35 REPLIES 35

MrWizard
3oaks wrote:
rhagfo wrote:

So true!!!

Somewhere along the line we have lost "Common Sense" as Common Knowledge!
No, WE did not loose "Common Sense". I still know better and have survived through the years using common sense and better judgment. And I am sure others have too!

a LARGE portion of modern American populace has lost common sense regarding animals and nature in general
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

SCVJeff
Explorer
Explorer
Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350

Agarbers
Explorer
Explorer
We were just at Yellowstone. There were to bull elk feeding near the road and of course, the usual backup stopped traffic. I wanted some good photos so I bailed while my wife parked. I had a 500mm lens so I could stay well away and still get frame filling shots of the bulls. After I had enough images I retreated to the car. As we watched, other folks, most of which appeared to be from the Far East, kept inching closer and closer. The park guideline is 25 yards for bison, elk, moose, etc and 100 yards for bear and wolves. These folks were getting within five yards and whipping out their selfie sticks. It was kind of like a train wreck because we wanted to leave, and yet wanted to see what happened when the bull elk had enough. Luckily a ranger appeared and shooed the people away. While he didn't use any cuss words, you could hear them in the tone of his voice.

3oaks
Explorer
Explorer
rhagfo wrote:

So true!!!

No, WE did not loose "Common Sense". I still know better and have survived through the years using common sense and better judgment. And I am sure others have too!

dspencer
Explorer
Explorer
Common Sense? I have heard that word before but it's been a number of years ago. :h

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
FunnyCamper wrote:
HOLY---love the title, can people be that dumb?

WHY OF COURSE THEY CAN ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

heck the injuries with domesticated livestock and 'pets' people own is high, now throw in people messing with WILD animals....UGH....deserve what they get !

So true!!!

Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
Just a funny story, but true! I've snowmobiled many times in the Yellowstone area, but only ridden in the park a couple of times. You had to stay on the road at all times, so much better riding, outside the park.

I came around a corner, on a marked trail, outside the park, to find this fellow stopped trying to turn his sled around. Ahead about 50', was a big bull bison. I stopped, and he said he was afraid to drive around the bison, that was laying down broadside to us. I told him, they are tame, just run a ski up on his back, and I'll take your picture. He proceeded to turn his sled around, and took off like the devil was after him.

No, I would not have let him do what I suggested, was just having a little fun. I did have room to drive around that bull, but was not going to stop and pet him, lol.

Jerry

bobsallyh
Explorer II
Explorer II
We have been in the Yellowstone area for six weeks. The park is setting attendance records and of course stupid is also on the increase. Personally I'd like to stuff those "Selfie sticks you know where. Part of "The Me" generation! I'd like to see the park service place signs at the entrances saying " You re not entering LEGOLAND, Disney, Six Flags, etc". Wouldn't do any good but sure would be fun to look at "the deer in the headlight look".

3oaks
Explorer
Explorer
Ho-hum.....Just further proof of the "dumbing down" of America. :R

amandasgramma
Explorer
Explorer
gbopp wrote:
Unfortunately, the people who do this, will never understand what they did wrong or why it was a bad idea.

Well, maybe the guy who put his kid on the back of the bull understands.
And they are the first ones to insist the bison be "put down"......because they're not safe.
My mind is a garden. My thoughts are the seeds. My harvest will be either flower or weeds

Dee and Bob
plus 2 spoiled cats
On the road FULL-TIME.......see ya there, my friend

filthy_beast
Explorer
Explorer
They read the signs and the literature telling them not to go near the wildlife but still thought it would be ok because others were doing it.

I reiterate, Yellowstone is not a petting zoo!
Goody Two Shoes and the Filthy Beast
2008 Silverado 2500HD
2012 Wildcat 282RKX

You cannot make things idiot proof, you can only make them idiot resistant.

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ed has a T-shirt that says

"Feed the bear
Pet the coyote
Let your kid ride the elk

Thank you for supporting Tahoe Emergency Services!"

There are clearly too many city folks who think the animals are "tame" just because they don't run away
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!

Iraqvet05
Explorer
Explorer
"Don't mess with the bull, young man. You'll get the horns" - Richard Vernon
2017 Ford F-250 6.2 gas
2018 Jayco 28BHBE

US Army veteran

FunnyCamper
Explorer II
Explorer II
HOLY---love the title, can people be that dumb?

WHY OF COURSE THEY CAN ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

heck the injuries with domesticated livestock and 'pets' people own is high, now throw in people messing with WILD animals....UGH....deserve what they get !

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Unfortunately, the people who do this, will never understand what they did wrong or why it was a bad idea.

Well, maybe the guy who put his kid on the back of the bull understands.