cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Just retired!

roaminaround
Explorer
Explorer
After doing 6-7 week snowbird trips the last 6 years I finally pulled the trigger on retirement. I sold my business Nov 1, put our house up for sale, bought a manufactured with garage/shop on an acre and we head to AZ Dec 20 for 3-4 months. 57 years old and can't wait! We usually spend a month in Parker AZ on the Colorado river. This year will be 2 months at the same park. I took up the banjo ukulele a year and a half ago. We will be using a mail forwarding service this time. In the past I had an employee take care of mail. Bend Oregon got 18" of snow yesterday so we are ready!!
2019 Rockwood 2608BS
2018 Ford F250 6.7 diesel
2006 Fish Rite 18' Yamaha 115 and T8
16 REPLIES 16

run100
Explorer
Explorer
Congratulations on your retirement. Sounds like you have some great plans.

Me -- Although in my 50's, with two young children that eat like horses, it's going to be awhile before I get to embrace the life of liesure.

Happy travels!
2012 F350,6.7L Diesel,4x4,CC,SB,SRW
2013 Lance 855S

tjfogelberg
Explorer
Explorer
Life in the slow lane is indeed wonderful. Not retired but working seasonally ( 3.5 months during tax season). Also don't miss the corporate rat race which is what led me into the tax prep business 25+ years ago. Have been enjoying summers off and now expanded that to include pretty much the entire year after April 15th. I admire anyone who can figure out how to retire in their 50's and escape the rat race.

Toolguy5
Explorer II
Explorer II
Congrats on your retirement.

I retired in 2013 at the ripe old age of 57 as well. So far one of the greatest decisions I have made. We still have our stick and brick house. But we do take long trips. It is great not having to be in a hurry.

Loving it.
Dan & Patty
Miss Pickles the Pomeranian Princess Rainbow Bridge 8/8/2023
2020 GMC 3500 Sierra Denali 6.6 Duramax / Allison tranny
2021 Jayco Eagle 319MLOK
BWRVK 3710 companion
Maddy the Pampered Pom @ Rainbow Bridge 12-3-2013

gcloss
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats on your retirement which will give you more time to enjoy your RV. I've got 3 more years and wait to retire and enjoy RVing almost all year round.
2012 Ram 2500 Big Horn Crew Cab 8' box
5.7 Hemi, 4x4, 4.10
2015 Jayco Eagle 284BHBE

bbaker2001
Explorer
Explorer
congrats and enjoy. we are in K-falls, woke up to 4 degrees. cant wait for jan15. booked into Lake Havasu and then River Island. we just purchased a Cardinal, look for us.
many of my wife's family moved up to Bend 1 year ago. they love it.
BB from California
2015 Ram 3500
2001 Cardinal
best friend is my wife ๐Ÿ™‚

ol__yeller
Explorer II
Explorer II
Retirement is the most fun job I ever had. Enjoy!
I am NOT a mechanic although I do play one in my garage!

Jim_Shoe
Explorer
Explorer
I bailed out of the back biting corporate world in '98 at the age of 52. My blood pressure dropped to near normal levels and I've lost weight because I'm not eating junk food in restaurants. I've concluded that working was bad for my health.
Retired and visiting as much of this beautiful country as I can.

ken56
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats! Its a beautiful thing when the fruits of your life's labor are ripe and ready to be enjoyed. I was blessed being able to retire at 52 and the wife and I have excellent health to be able to enjoy it, on our terms. Dive headstrong into your retirement just as you did with your work. Enjoy away!

Steeljag
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds good......enjoy it!
2018 Forester 3011DS
2010 Flagstaff 26RLS (Sold)
2012 Ford F-150 Screw Ecoboost H/D 3.73
1930 CCC
Going where the weather suits my clothes !

Padlin
Explorer
Explorer
Where's the acre, AZ or OR? Congrats on retirement. I retired 2 years ago and just took up the Uke too, but not a banjolele. Great fun for me, not so much for my wife.
Happy Motoring
Bob & Deb

W Ma.
12 F150 HD SCAB EcoBoost LB 4x4
14 Escape 5.0 TA

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats! Enjoy yourself and do what you want while you are able. ๐Ÿ™‚

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
Congratulations on your retirement! :C

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

debraindi
Explorer
Explorer
Good call on kicking back. I retired at 56 from the mining industry. We just started rving last year and the hot spot for wintering is Quartzsite during the rv jamboree Jan and Feb.
2013 LML Duramax
2015 311 Keystone Impact
200q 24 partycraft 150 mercury
Time out motor cycle trailer
2009 Harley RG 575 cams thunder-max tuned
1970 350 JD crawler loader

trucker495
Explorer
Explorer
Enjoy your retirement
04 HR ALUMASCAPE 31' TRAVEL TRAILER
05 RAM 3500 4X4 CTD SRW CREW CAB LONGBED