cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

King size fitted sheets

Hedgehog
Explorer
Explorer
Our new Montana fifthwheel has a king size bed. It is the full 72" X 80" but isn't very deep and it has rounded corners. We bought some king size sheets but they are all made for the real deep mattresses for homes. Can someone point me in the the direction of where I can buy fitted sheets for this mattress? If I can't find anything, I might trim down the plywood under the bed and put the queen mattress I had in our motor home.
10 REPLIES 10

Jagtech
Explorer
Explorer
We bought a very nice set of fitted sheets for our standard queen bed at home, from a discount store, at a steal of a price. Got the set home only to discover the sheets were too short! No return, of course. But when we tried them on the queen bed in the MH, they were a perfect fit! Bonus!!
1998 Triple E F53
1995 Jeep Wrangler toad

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
donn0128 wrote:
You will probably lean real soon that that mattress is junk. Live with what you got u til such time as you figure that out and get a real good bed. Then your problems will be over. At least sleeping!

LOL!!!

HOW TRUE!

First three trips in our Copper Canyon, DW had back aches and head aches! We made measured, and had true queen. We went to the mattress store and found one we liked with the correct firmness, has not been an issues since. We buy standard queen sheets, no issues, and we sleep like rocks.
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

JoyRiding
Explorer
Explorer
Our King is 72x74 short. I bought jersey sheets from target and they work great. Get the cotton ploy blend and they stretch to a perfect fit. I bought queen size sheets.

missourijan
Explorer
Explorer
They are actually suspenders. We've been using them for years. We have a 3" memory foam on top of the mattress and we still need the suspenders. I purchased a pair of men's suspenders at Wal Mart, spread them out in an X pattern under the mattress. Clip to the sheets and it keeps them tight.

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
You will probably lean real soon that that mattress is junk. Live with what you got u til such time as you figure that out and get a real good bed. Then your problems will be over. At least sleeping!

Halmfamily
Explorer
Explorer
We used the sheet clips as mentioned above until we put a 2" memory foam topper on the bed, now they fit perfectly.
2008 GMC Sierra 3500 SLT DRW D/A 4x4 (Big All)
2006 Ford F350 PSD SRW King Ranch 4x4 (Henry) (Sold)
B&W Companion, 90 Aux Fuel Tank, Scan Gauge II, Curt f/m hitch, Swagman XC
2015 Forest River Sierra 360 PDEK
DW Diane, DS Michael, FB Draco and Sabian

1971duster340
Explorer
Explorer
I know this doesn't address all your concerns, but some RV suppliers use oddballs. King is 76" x 80", Calif. King 72" x 84". I have read about other "King" (European) sizes. You could state your case to the seller and tell them you want a standard King or Calif. King. Use other RV's as an example.
I've never been comfortable with the RV supplied mattresses...they are the first things to go...went to a Numbers air bed.
Suspenders will work.
I see from the Trackrig link there are RV Kings 72" x 80"...wish they would state the seam length.
Greg
N5LFH
2007 Chariot

SCVJeff
Explorer
Explorer
old guy wrote:
I saw once where a guy was using suspenders to hold his sheets in place
Those are actual sheet clips and they work great.
Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350

old_guy
Explorer
Explorer
I saw once where a guy was using suspenders to hold his sheets in place

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
Amazon has these for king size RV mattresses.
Clicky

And as a thought, I think MH mattresses are too thin so I put a 2" foam topper on them. That would add to your height to maybe make your new sheets fit better.

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.