cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Leather recliners

ian_c
Explorer
Explorer
I'm looking to buy 2 (real) leather recliners for our fifth wheel. I don't know the good, reputable manufacturers. If anyone has suggestions either for brands or for retail, I'd appreciate hearing about them.
With thanks,
2011 Heartland Graystone 5th Wheel
2010 Ford F250 V10
Lovin' the lifestyle - never getting enough.
10 REPLIES 10

Clay_L
Explorer
Explorer
After a fair amount of research we bought LazyBoy recliners in solid (not bonded ) leather. They have a lifetime warranty on the mechanism. After over 4 years they are holding up fine and looking good. Note that real leather does wrinkle and stretch some over time - but that is what leather does.
We had a Berkshire leather recliner in our motor home that has held up great for over six full timing years and four years in our house. We bought it at Sams Club for about a third of what the LazyBoys cost.
Clay (WA5NMR), Lee (Wife), Katie & Kelli (cats) Salli (dog).

Fixed domicile after 1 year of snowbirding and eleven years Full Timing in a 2004 Winnebago Sightseer 35N, Workhorse chassis, Honda Accord toad

huntram
Explorer
Explorer
We got our leather recliners at Sam's club for $399.00 each. Good thing about Sam's or Costco if they ever go bad you can always return for a refund or replacement. Better than Lazyboy guarantee!
Our traveling blog:Brian and Patty's Awesome Adventure
2014 Ram 3500, Western Brown, Laramie, CrewCab Dually, Aisin Trans, CTD, 2011 Carriage Cameo 32FWS 5th wheel.

down_home
Explorer
Explorer
I've seen one in a mh magazine. Don't remember which one. By coincidence One of y Doctors has two in his waiting room put there for display. They are extremely comfortable and recline. They have a metal circular base and suspended in the middle from that. Doesn't seem to taek as much space as a lazy boy etc.
The leather was nice ans supple. The ones in his office were nice shade of beige to light brown. I don't remember the brand bu purposed to replace our in the coach with one. the spin and rock and recline

DougE
Explorer
Explorer
I get cloth recliners and use appropriately colored towels to cover the arms, back and seat. The mechanics wear out long before the fabric does then.
Currently Between RVs

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
Unless you're familiar with leather and like it, leather can be hot and sticky in summer and cold in winter. Our Lazy Boy wall-huggers in cloth are very comfortable and are holding up well after years of use.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

kerrlakeRoo
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, were looking at ditching a Jacknife sofa for a pair of them.

PawPaw_n_Gram
Explorer
Explorer
Our trailer came with two leather Lazy Boy recliners. LOVE them.

Great for naps or sleeping when the spouse is snoring loudly.
Full-Time 2014 - ????

โ€œNot all who wander are lost.โ€
"You were supposed to turn back at the last street."

2012 Ram 2500 Mega Cab
2014 Flagstaff 832IKBS TT

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
Boy not to make you feel bad but I just went to a sale and the people had taken out 2 brand new leather recliners to make room for a dinette in their RV. Said he got tired of them taking up room in his garage. He was selling them for $50 bucks a piece!!

Check out Escappee's RV Club RV Market Forum and post an ad for looking for RV recliners. Many people end up taking them out for a dinette.

And from what I've seen the RV recliners are a little bit less wide than residential ones to accommodate what space there is for an RV.

1. Go here:
http://www.rvnetwork.com/

2. Upper right hand corner click: create an account

3. After you joined go to Forums.

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Have two lazy boys at home in leather. Wish I had never spent the money. The frames have held up pretty good, but the leather has faded and looks bad. Get them in cloth. You will be much happier.

FrankShore
Explorer
Explorer
Have had good reports about Lazy Boy!
2014 F-250
2014 Minnie Winnie 2351DKS (Traded In-Burnout-Use A Surge Protector!)
2015 Arctic Fox 22G (Great Trailer But Heavy - Traded In)
2018 Lance 1685 w/ Solar & 4 Seasons Package
1999 Beneteau 461 Oceanis Yacht
En Norski i en Fransk bรฅt - Dette mรฅ jeg se!