cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Lights on?

brirene
Explorer
Explorer
A serious question, with no judgements, to people who leave their porch or other outside lights on all night while camping: why do you? This past weekend, and many other times I've noticed folks who do this. Is it safety? Keep critters away? Just forget? Something else?
Jayco Designer 30 RKS Medallion pkg, Trail Air pin
'05 F350 6.0 PSD CC 4x4 DRW LB B&W Companion, Edge Insight

โ€œCertainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living." Miriam Beard
127 REPLIES 127

colliehauler
Explorer III
Explorer III
I have forgot and left it on all night to find it the next morning. I never left it on intentionally.

the_vfox
Explorer
Explorer
Ours is on when we forget. We like to sit around the campfire with no other lights on. The ones that bother me are those giant scare lights, don't run into it often, but occasionally someone will turn them things on and its like daylight in our MH.
Fox and Angel, fuzz ball cat and crazy Yorkie :S
Don't call me on the weekend, Im out camping.:C
2001 Itasca Horizon DP 36LD 330 Cat and all the bells and whistles
Go Blue, US Air Force(retired)25 years ๐Ÿ™‚

Anmacc2
Explorer
Explorer
I'm scared of the dark!!!! Duhhhhh! Seriously, leaving the porch light on lets just enough ambient light through the door window that the inside of the camper is illuminated. A night light is too bright.
Me & Her since 1977
TV 2014 Ford E350 Superduty
TT 2015 keystone Passport Elite 23RB
Boat 20' TriumphDC

diazr2
Explorer
Explorer
Only time mine stays on is when I forget. I am betting that's the way most of them stay on.

diazr2
Explorer
Explorer
Only time mine stays on is when I forget. I am betting that's the way most of them stay on.

samsontdog
Explorer
Explorer
valhalla360 wrote:
If we are at friends sites in the evening, we often leave it on so we can see to get back in. Occasionally, we forget to shut it off once we get back in.

Same here
samsontdog:o:W

valhalla360
Nomad III
Nomad III
If we are at friends sites in the evening, we often leave it on so we can see to get back in. Occasionally, we forget to shut it off once we get back in.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

Dakota98
Explorer
Explorer
It allows for would be burglars to see what they are doing. :B
I'm an expert in only one field....I believe it's somewhere in Kansas.

2000 / 22' SKYLINE NOMAD LITE
1998 DODGE DAKOTA / 5.2L= 8mpg.
2006 POLARIS ATV
1500/1200 Watt Champion generator
Yada Wireless Back Up Camera
1998 Dyna Wide Glide
USMC 68-74