cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Manual pump tank for winterization ?

WallynDiane
Explorer
Explorer
We just ordered a Kropf Park model that will be delivered next spring. Our current fifth wheel uses a pump for pumping in antifreeze during winterization.

The Park model has no pump. Years ago, the now retired campground owner used a tank with a manual pump with a garden hose attachment that screwed into the rv to pump in he antifreeze.

I did a Google search and I didn't find that type of pump tank.

I want to research then purchase things we are going to need for our new Kropf this winter.

What are my options for using a stand alone pump/ something to get antifreeze into a Park Model?
17 REPLIES 17

spadoctor
Explorer
Explorer
The question is wht use antifreeze in your system? I never do I blow the lines....drain the water heater....open the low points. I also blow the shower and sink traps and refill with the pink stuff. Two years on one gallon and never a problem....doing it this way since 1988

colliehauler
Explorer III
Explorer III
I have seen dirt cheap pumps you attach to a drill that have garden hose connection's on both sides. You could use a cordless or a regular drill.

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
Empty Nest, Soon wrote:
SoundGuy wrote:
Good grief, why adapt something when Camping World (and other RV retailers) sell exactly what you need. :S

Looks like a bilge pump for a boat.

Wayne

bilge pump for a canoe or similar. where there is no 12 volt available.
bumpy

Empty_Nest__Soo
Explorer
Explorer
SoundGuy wrote:
Good grief, why adapt something when Camping World (and other RV retailers) sell exactly what you need. :S

Looks like a bilge pump for a boat.

Wayne
Wayne & Michelle

1997 Safari Sahara 3540

11178adm
Explorer
Explorer
harbor freight has a 12v pump with garden hose conections

happy pumping

RGar974417
Explorer
Explorer
Northern tools sells a 12volt Wayne pump that can connect to the battery. Just stick a hose into the anti freeze bottle and the other hose into your city water fill.

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
SoundGuy wrote:

Bumpyroad wrote:
cause it's a lot easier to let a 12 volt pump do the work rather than hand pumping. somewhat depends on the amount of AF you are pumping also.
bumpy

You're preaching to the choir, bumpy :R ... I've been using a 12 vdc pump for Potable Water Transfer for years. I mentioned the manual pump because the OP asked about it in his first post :S ... if he'd rather use an electric pump a 12 vdc pump like this connected to his trailer's city water inlet will work just fine. ๐Ÿ™‚
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
A junk yard source for a pretty strong 120VAC Water Pump with hose connections would be from a discarded washing machine.

You could power this up rather easy with a small POWER INVERTER...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
SoundGuy wrote:

Well dang........
That takes ALL the fun out of re-inventing the wheel :B
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

WallynDiane
Explorer
Explorer
Bumpyroad wrote:
SoundGuy wrote:

cause it's a lot easier to let a 12 volt pump do the work rather than hand pumping. somewhat depends on the amount of AF you are pumping also.
bumpy

I had seen the Camping World hand pump, but I did want to avoid the manual pumping.

I used the sprayer unit the old campground owner used and it appeared to be a 1-2 gallon garden sprayer that had a hose attachment. You pumped the top handle a few times and it pumped in a fair amount of antifreeze. As I recall he repurposed that sprayer for weed/bug control which could be handy.

Thanks for all the comments.

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
SoundGuy wrote:

bumpy

ChooChooMan74
Explorer
Explorer
I have a cheap pump from Harbor Freight. I only pump a squirt into my City Water Connection and pump into my black tank flush. But, it should work for you. I made my own end that attaches to the hose connection on the unit from pieces at Home Depot.
Great American Anti-Towing Conspiracy
2015 Ram Truck 1500 Ecodiesel Tuned By Green Diesel
2006 Jeep Liberty CRD Tuned By Green Diesel (Retired to Daily Driver)
2015 Rockwood Roo 183
Stop on by and read my Camping Blogs
Nights Camped in 2015 - 19 and Winterized

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

WyoTraveler
Explorer
Explorer
You need a small liquid pump. You could probably adapt an RV water pump. Use clips to power it from your car battery. A sprayer on a hose would dilute the antifreeze as it pumped it in.