cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

mice

WRBD88
Explorer
Explorer
I know this isn't new and I have done the peppermint oil and it seemed to work for two years but now it is not working. Does anyone have any updated secrets? Help..Thank you.
Wilma

2003 Monaco Lapalma 34'6"
Workhorse
2006 Saturn SUV Toad
Just us,no kids, no pets
Husband Ret. LTC AF
26 REPLIES 26

TNGW1500SE
Explorer
Explorer
This works:
TRAP LINK

JohnG3
Explorer
Explorer
Bought a 110VAC electronic device from Amazon for about $40. Makes a chirping noise that is suppose to keep the mice and birds away. Three levels of volume, quiet (I couldn't hear it even with my hearing aids in), medium, (can hear it inside as well as outside when right up against the trailer) and loud (you can hear it 15-20 feet away from the trailer). So far since I put it in the only mouse I caught was in the basement storage and it had been electrocuted by the peanut butter baited mouse zapper.
John and Elaine. Furry ones, Bubba, Buddy, Barney and Miss Chevious
2017 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40 SP
Know guns, know safety, know peace. No guns, no safety, no peace.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Here is my Rodent control system: Alex (Foreground) and Amber

Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

westend
Explorer
Explorer
NYCgirl wrote:
My faith in cats' mousing abilities diminished when I found that mice was eating the cat's kibble and he just dinna seem to care as long as I bought new food for him

Yeah, the mother has to show the kittens that fresh, furred food is desirable. Without that training they may still play with a mouse but won't connect it with food.

I have a lineage of stone cold predators. The oldest Queen would bring back anything from mice to full grown rabbits. I tried to take away one of two mice that a kitten was fondling, thinking that one mouse was dinner enough. That little kitten growled and grabbed the mouse out of my fingers. I turned away and the next sound I heard was a distinctive "crunch".
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

Opie431
Explorer
Explorer
A friend believed in the Bounce sheets until he found that the mice built a bed with them.

mikedurant
Explorer
Explorer
Well Even I also had a similar problem of mouse droppings on fabric sheets, which was giving a bad odor at the sheet. Using Peppermint oil will work temporarily, Instead this I would suggest to contact Professional Exterminator which uses different methods of Extermination. One of my friend was also facing similar problem than he tried to contact Mice Exterminator Sacramento CA to get rid of rodents.

mlts22
Explorer
Explorer
The trick is to have the snap traps (like the Jawz type) that have a wide trigger plate, and locate them where the rodents run by. Even using these with no bait was effective. Sticky pads do work as well, but they can make a big mess.

aruba5er
Explorer
Explorer
snap traps with peanut butter or glue traps work best. Fresh cab did nothing for me. Don't use bait that kills because they may go off (correction) Will go off and die somewhere were they will not be found and you will have a stink. I think I finally found how they got in. The slide out support square pipe is hollow and after sealing that seems that I had none in the RV this past winter. If necessary, open the basement or covering at the bottom of the rv, put in a light bulb and wait until dark and see all the openings. Then seal them.

NYCgrrl
Explorer
Explorer
wa8yxm wrote:
I hired a couple of Mouse Extermination Experts. Let's see if I can show 'em to you:

Alas I can not.. Hold on there is another way.....

There they are. For some reason Mice avoid this RV.

My faith in cats' mousing abilities diminished when I found that mice was eating the cat's kibble and he just dinna seem to care as long as I bought new food for him:W

Bucky_Badger
Explorer
Explorer
Taz 23 wrote:
Paul Clancy wrote:
Fresh cab

X2 Fresh cab works best in confined spaces. I put them in the outside storage compartments and in the cupboards where the water and/or electrical lines come in. Works for us so far. Our trailer sits on a seasonal site and our friends on the next site found the dyer sheets torn up and mixed with leaves to make a nest in a drawer under the sink on Saturday. Also as others have said plug all holes that give them access. I use stainless steel wool and great stuff to seal up what I can see.

You can't prove fresh cab works just because you don't have mice. I can prove it doesn't work

2010 F150 5.4, 3.55, 4x4, Equli-z-er Hitch
2007 Forest River Salem 27RB LE
and
2009 Nomad 3980

Taz_23
Explorer
Explorer
Paul Clancy wrote:
Fresh cab

X2 Fresh cab works best in confined spaces. I put them in the outside storage compartments and in the cupboards where the water and/or electrical lines come in. Works for us so far. Our trailer sits on a seasonal site and our friends on the next site found the dyer sheets torn up and mixed with leaves to make a nest in a drawer under the sink on Saturday. Also as others have said plug all holes that give them access. I use stainless steel wool and great stuff to seal up what I can see.

BuckyBadger
Explorer
Explorer
jdb7566 wrote:
Paul Clancy wrote:
Fresh cab

X2

Fresh Cab does not work

JWRoberts
Explorer
Explorer
Works for us too.

YnotTurbo wrote:
I have Bounce fabric softners placed throughout my RV. In the drawers, under sinks, in the basement...everywhere..

dcason
Explorer
Explorer
We also carry some snap traps with us when all else fails...only had them once though in AZ. At home we have the humming plug ins. We made a really good effort to spray expanding foam/steel wool in any areas that showed light (at night).

So far so good.