cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New 5th Wheeler for my Eco Boost

riven1950
Explorer
Explorer

So what do you think, should I remove the air conditioners while in transit or just go as is?
13 REPLIES 13

Highway_4x4
Explorer
Explorer
Looks like a vacation home looking for a place to grow roots.
2014 Ram Cummins Laramie, Crew cab, 4x4, Loaded, Snugtop camper
2014 OutdoorsRV Wind River 250RDSW
Big spoiled Bernese Mountain Dog

walker111
Explorer
Explorer
I think it may be a tad nose high!!!!!

riven1950
Explorer
Explorer
If you had a GMC Professional Grade Truck instead of a Ford you would have no problem.

Yep, my old GMC Sonoma would be a perfect fit for it ๐Ÿ™‚

Helimech
Explorer
Explorer
May need a little extra (eco) boost.

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
If you had a GMC Professional Grade Truck instead of a Ford you would have no problem.
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

riven1950
Explorer
Explorer
This one was pulled off a site at a local annual lot rental place here at the beach. Been sitting there for a week or so. I keep passing it and thought it might bring some memories back to some of you folks. I guess they are waiting for someone with enough nerve to come and haul it off. I am thinking it will be going to the landfill ๐Ÿ™‚ Looks like a heavy monster.

Oasisbob
Explorer
Explorer
How far you going? The lower bracketry apears strong. Have no idea about upper. Personally I would remove them. 45 minutes well spent. Imagine one falling onto the windshield of a passing car.
Oasis Bob
Wonderful wife 3 of 4 kids at home. 1 proudly serving in USAF
2018 Ford Explorer
2001 Bantam Trail Lite B-19

HAPPY TRAILS:)

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
In the early to middle 1970's I absolutely fell in LOVE with this style of fifth wheel. I remember thinking they were the greatest thing on planet earth. I was just out of high school and had visions of become a traveling evangelist (preacher). My local church had "revivals" twice a year (back then they ran 2 weeks long), and the traveling evangelists often lived in these exact same monsters.

Looking back now, I was more intrigued with the lifestyle (Rv-ing) and the 5er and the tow vehicle than the method of employment. OK, I was young and dumb, and like I said, I had great 'visions' back then.

Well... long story short, I declared I'd own a 5er and truck some day myself! And it was going to be one, just like that in the photo! Eventually the "ministry" lost it's appeal. I never did get the 5er. But I did eventually get a right danday travel trailer and a right dandy tow vehicle! I couldn't be happier. I really do not want a 5er now. But you know ..... looking at this flashback from my memories ... if I could get one like that ... who knows?

And ... any visions of "ministry" now? No. I'll let someone else "save the world!' I'm having too much fun camping now.

amxpress
Explorer
Explorer
You'll get better gas mileage if you remove the window A/C's.
2021 Toyota Tundra TRD Off Road double cab
2022 Airstream International 27FB
Blue Ox Sway Pro hitch
M.I.L is self quatanting in Jacksonville Zoo

bigcitypopo
Explorer
Explorer
boom... tow it as is... sheesh. add a flag and some xmas lights!
2014 RAM 2500 BigHorn CrewCab 4x2 ShortBox, 6.7L CTD
2014 Keystone Springdale 294bhssrwe - Hensley Arrow!
The best wife, 2 kids and a bunch of fun

Ryan_Elli1
Explorer
Explorer
Real nice. It even has the full body paint option.:C
2014 Cougar 29RBS(Kizzy)
2015 F250 FX4 6.2
Ryan, Elli, and kids
with Holly the Mini Schnauzer

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer