cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New Champion inverter generator

wanderingaimles
Explorer
Explorer
For anyone that is looking for a new Generator. Champion has apparently come out with a new 2000 watt inverter model. Configuration is more inline with the other brands small units instead of the cube. Claimed noise level is 53 as the cube was.
https://www.championpowerequipment.com/product/100306-2000-watt-inverter-generator/

The only reason I saw it was the new Tractor Supply flier has them in it. Selling for $399

This is a repost because I did not realize that post in around the campfire did not make the main board.
24 REPLIES 24

LittleBill
Explorer
Explorer
marcsbigfoot20b27 wrote:
SoundGuy wrote:
Dave H M wrote:
Sometimes bigger is not always better.

I don't understand how arbitrarily speaking, smaller displacement is a hindrance. :h

In the case of Honda's new EU2200i it is. The previous EU2000i with it's larger 98 cc engine was already the class leader in surge capability, up to a 1/2 hr at it's full rated power, the new EU2200i with it's even larger 121 cc engine is even more capable of sustaining it's full rated surge output. All other competition pales by comparison.

While in the final break in phase I loaded my 2200i to about 3000 watts and it throttled up higher than normal but put out. One day I will test the max output. This gen rocks.

considering it has a 20 amp breaker im curious how you did that

marcsbigfoot20b
Explorer
Explorer
SoundGuy wrote:
Dave H M wrote:

I don't understand how arbitrarily speaking, smaller displacement is a hindrance. :h

In the case of Honda's new EU2200i it is. The previous EU2000i with it's larger 98 cc engine was already the class leader in surge capability, up to a 1/2 hr at it's full rated power, the new EU2200i with it's even larger 121 cc engine is even more capable of sustaining it's full rated surge output. All other competition pales by comparison.

While in the final break in phase I loaded my 2200i to about 3000 watts and it throttled up higher than normal but put out. One day I will test the max output. This gen rocks.

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
Dave H M wrote:

2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

Dave_H_M
Explorer
Explorer

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
hedge wrote:
still hampered by too small of engine compared to the Honda.

The new EU2200i does have a 20% larger engine than the EU2000i, but you only get 10% more power despite Honda's claim of "the improved stator/rotor configuration".

I can not figure out why all of the 3000W inverter generators are so much larger and heavier (even without fuel) than their equivalent 2000W/2200W little brothers.

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
Champion 2000W stackable generator video

At least they are smart enough that the parallel kit has a TT30 outlet !

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
wanderingaimlessly wrote:
The only reason I saw it was the new Tractor Supply flier has them in it. Selling for $399

$100 less than the Harbor Freight similar model !

starcraft69
Explorer
Explorer
Looks great I love my Champion 3100 I might pick one of these up just because
2007 chevy 2500 HD 6.0 longbed
2015 Eagle HT 28.5 5th wheel
tucker the fishing dog

hedge
Explorer
Explorer
still hampered by too small of engine compared to the Honda. I owned the previous 2000w Champion and the ratings were optimistic compared to the 2000w Honda.
2017 F350 Platinum DRW
2013 Adventurer 89RB

opnspaces
Navigator II
Navigator II
Interesting, they look similar to a Honda, but you can stack them.

Link
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup