Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Night Lights

Tin-bender
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all,
Maybe everybody but me has heard of/seen these before but I thought it was worth taking a chance on posting the info.

Was at a neighbors house the other day and noticed these on his kitchen counter plugs. http://www.snappower.com/ I think they are pretty cool for home use but thought they would really work well in the RV.

At his kitchen counter he turned the recepticle up side down in the box so the lights would shine upwards, very effective.

Anyway I am going to order some.
(standard disclaimer, no connection to the company)
Tinbender

Sorry, don't know why it didn't link.
19 REPLIES 19

coolmom42
Explorer
Explorer
Very nice-looking! And the video clip is so right about the problems with other types of night lights.
Single empty-nester in Middle TN, sometimes with a friend or grandchild on board

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
popeyemth wrote:
Looks nice

Nightlight

One might need to replace the RV outlet with a standard house style outlet as it gets its power from making contact with the wire terminals on the side of the outlet.
RV style use insulation displacement type connections where the wire is pressed into a grove in the contact.

It would be worth the replacement if you get enough slack in the cable to install a standard outlet.
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

kaydeejay
Explorer
Explorer
Tin-bender wrote:
Hi all,
Maybe everybody but me has heard of/seen these before but I thought it was worth taking a chance on posting the info.

Was at a neighbors house the other day and noticed these on his kitchen counter plugs. http://www.snappower.com/ I think they are pretty cool for home use but thought they would really work well in the RV.

At his kitchen counter he turned the recepticle up side down in the box so the lights would shine upwards, very effective.

Anyway I am going to order some.
(standard disclaimer, no connection to the company)
Tinbender

Sorry, don't know why it didn't link.
Why did he turn the receptacle upside down? Won't the plate fit with the lights uppermost regardless?

Neat idea, but at $15 each it gets a little spendy if you want more than one or two.!
Keith J.
Sold the fiver and looking for a DP, but not in any hurry right now.

popeyemth
Explorer
Explorer
Looks nice

Nightlight
"wine is a constant proof that God loves us, and loves to see us happy" ben franklin

ChooChooMan74
Explorer
Explorer
CLICKY
Great American Anti-Towing Conspiracy
2015 Ram Truck 1500 Ecodiesel Tuned By Green Diesel
2006 Jeep Liberty CRD Tuned By Green Diesel (Retired to Daily Driver)
2015 Rockwood Roo 183
Stop on by and read my Camping Blogs
Nights Camped in 2015 - 19 and Winterized