cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

No #2 Rule?

BurbMan
Explorer II
Explorer II
So I get an email from a camping buddy this morning who was telling me about his friend who invited him on a guy's weekend in his Class A to attend an event. So my buddy decided to go, and when they arrived at the event, camping site were set up in an adjacent in a field, but they had full hook ups. (My buddy has a huge Class A DP, but figured it would be fun to let somebody else drive for a change.)

The RV owner announces to the group that there will be no #2 in the RV toilet, only #1. Anybody needing to do #2 was to use the porta-pottis that were set up. Apparently this was not just because it was a "guy's weekend", but the guy has owned several RV's, and has always adhered to a "no #2 rule" for the family. His explanation was that it "caused problems dumping the tanks".

Personally one of the reasons I own an RV is to avoid having to use a port-potti for anything, let alone #2.

So the question for the forum is, does anybody else have similar rules on the RV bathrooms regarding the toilet, shower or anything else?
82 REPLIES 82

Nutinelse2do
Explorer
Explorer
Very interesting and suprising survey we have going here.
Isn't that why we have showers and toilets, and a fan above the pooper?
Makes no sense to not use them as designed.
Might as well stay in a hotel... They have to be cleaner than campground toilets and showers.
My poop smells like roses anyway. DH's, not so much. :B
Living Our Dream
MTHRSHP - 2006 KSDP 3912
Cummins 350ISL...Spartan Chassis
ESC POD - 2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Zippy Scoot- 2018 Honda PCX 150 on an Overbilt Lift
Shredder at the Rainbow Bridge - You Will Always Be With Us

w4phj
Explorer
Explorer
No #2 rules. No problems.
2021 Winnebago View 24J
2021 Ram pick up
2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Ham Radio Extra Class Volunteer Examiner
FAA A&P License

1969 Plymouth Road Runner

noe-place
Explorer
Explorer
That would be like holding your breath every few seconds so as not to take too much from someone else.

tpi
Explorer
Explorer
I've given away more showers than I can count to friends and my RV has been used as a rolling rest stop. No rules on the toilet but if I'm out exploring on my own, I'll offload the 2 to a restroom when convenient. One more thing to get the water ratio up in the black tank.

Snowman9000
Explorer
Explorer
I'm at a loss for words.
Currently RV-less but not done yet.

stickdog
Explorer
Explorer
The only problem with his black tank is #2 is icky and he don't like icky.
9-11 WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
FULLTIME SINCE 2010
17 DRV MS 36rssb3
17 F350 King Ranch CC DRW 4x4 6.7 4:10 B&W hitch
John
โ€œA good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.โ€ Lao Tzu

lfcjasp
Explorer
Explorer
dbbls wrote:
I use my RV for everything it was designed to be used for.

Same here:B

Halmfamily
Explorer
Explorer
Too save water follow the rule. If its yellow, let it mellow. If its brown flush it down.:B No rules for the toilet but we make the teenagers take showers in the bath house. Happy camping
2008 GMC Sierra 3500 SLT DRW D/A 4x4 (Big All)
2006 Ford F350 PSD SRW King Ranch 4x4 (Henry) (Sold)
B&W Companion, 90 Aux Fuel Tank, Scan Gauge II, Curt f/m hitch, Swagman XC
2015 Forest River Sierra 360 PDEK
DW Diane, DS Michael, FB Draco and Sabian

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
In our TT. #2 emergency only. and only if we have full hookups. CG bathroom is where you go.
Dry camping, we do not use the bathroom in the TT at all. I do NOT go to dump stations.
No cooking in the TT, No sitting in the TT unless it is raining to hard to be under the awning. If I was to just sit in the TT. I'd just stay home. The TT is for sleeping, and changing clothes, and hauling our camping stuff to the CG.

Y'all can use yours any way you want. That is how I chose to use mine.
Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

dannytas
Explorer
Explorer
To answer the question...the "pooper" in the trailer is for poopin'. But my "poop" doesn't stink!! ๐Ÿ˜„
2014 Keystone Springdale 202QBWE
1998 Dodge 1500 Club Cab, 4x4, 5.9 magnum
DW-Lynn
BigDog-Kelley
LittleDog-Kroozer
LittleCats-Pokie and Dottie

tatest
Explorer II
Explorer II
I don't have the rule, but I have an inlaw who has no #2, and he trades his TTs every 2-3 years like he does his truck. Maybe a feature for resale?
Tom Test
Itasca Spirit 29B

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
I allow #1 and #2. No rules.

And, we take showers in the RV. ๐Ÿ™‚

old_guy
Explorer
Explorer
#1 and #2 is the reason they have a toilet and a tank in RV's. if you take care of your tanks like you should or get educated on how to take care of your tanks properly, you should be able to use them just like you use your stick and brick house toilet.

PastorCharlie
Explorer
Explorer
It is amazing the phobia that some have about body waste....they chose everything that goes out the waste and first put it into their mouths and enjoyed its taste. Is their septic tanks more precious than their own bodies?

Makes one wonder if they use disposal latex gloves each time they visit the restroom.

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
dbbls wrote:
I use my RV for everything it was designed to be used for.

X2!! If I wanted to use an outhouse and sunshower I would have a tent. The one seldom used item is the TV. Our TV is on a lift mechanism in the entertainment system and not visible. This summer the grandkids said "THEY have a TV!!" when playing with friends they met in another trailer. I didn't remind them we also have a TV.

But, on a rainy night we have watched a movie or so.
2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!