cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

No refund from Terry Bison Ranch

KCerling
Explorer
Explorer
When we were planing our trip out west in July we made reservations at Terry Bison Ranch Rv in Cheyenne , Wyo.We had to pay up front for 3 nights for $161.55
Our son is coming back early from his 5th deployment in Afghanistan early so we had to cancel. Their response is the check is cashed and no refunds period!!!!
They are a Good Sam park and this is how they operate??
2002 Phaeton
2007 Jeep
Retired and loving it
47 REPLIES 47

noe-place
Explorer
Explorer
That's why when you buy something you always read the fine print. I've made the same mistake a few times and paid the price for my failure to do so.

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
KCerling wrote:
They never said no cancelation and nowhere in there ad in the Trailer Life Directory does it state no refunds.

The below text was copied from the CG's web site linked earlier in this thread. The refund policy seems pretty clear.

Cheyenne Frontier Days Reservations
The Cheyenne Frontier Days Rodeo is held the last full week in July. Reservations for accommodations are taken after January 1st for that year. There are NO weekly or monthly rates during Frontier Days, because we are booked full during this time prompt check-out of all accommodations is mandatory. RV's left in sites after check-out during Frontier Days maybe towed at owner's expense. There are no refunds for Cheyenne Frontier Days reservations.
19'Duramax w/hips, 2022 Alliance Paradigm 390MP >BD3,r,22" Blackstone
r,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,Prog.50A surge ,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan, Sailun S637

KCerling
Explorer
Explorer
They never said no cancelation and nowhere in there ad in the Trailer Life Directory does it state no refunds.
2002 Phaeton
2007 Jeep
Retired and loving it

Pogoil
Explorer
Explorer
down home wrote:
Right to enforce their policy???
Seems to me that fairness and money for goods and services not rendered would dictate a refund. So what if it inconvenient for them.
Tough.
They get away with it because some others are doing it. That would be no different than paying 500.00 for a tank of diesel but it won't hold but 400.00 in fuel. Sorry no refunds.

You my friend is why RV parks require deposits and payments in full.

Pogoil.

CarlGeo
Explorer
Explorer
Why is it a campground can and does not make refunds when reservations are cancelled weeks before the date, and hotels and motels will hold a reservation, in most cases, until 6:00 PM on date of arrival, and not charge you if you cancel by that time?
Seems to me the hotel has far more at stake that the campground.
Also, if you cancel, and they do not make a refund, why can the campground rent that site to someone else when you have already paid for it? Sound like double dipping to me?
Just sayin, I don't think it is RIGHT!

nitrohorse
Explorer
Explorer
down home wrote:
Seems to me that fairness and money for goods and services not rendered would dictate a refund. So what if it inconvenient for them.
Tough.
They get away with it because some others are doing it. That would be no different than paying 500.00 for a tank of diesel but it won't hold but 400.00 in fuel. Sorry no refunds.

When one enters into an agreement or contract, that's what binds them.

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
If the refund policy changed since you made the reservation - you have a valid complaint.

If the refund policy is the same as when you made the reservation - you made a contract and must abide by that contract. You would have no right to complain.
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

down_home
Explorer II
Explorer II
Tough.

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
While I feel your pain if the cancellation policy is clearly stated in advance, they have every right to enforce the policy. I agree it would not hurt to politely talk to management to seek an exemption or partial refund however if they refuse they are within their rights to do so. You changed the plan and should accept the consequences and responsibility of making the change.

If you had arrived as initially planned and they did not have a site for you what explanation would you find acceptable?
19'Duramax w/hips, 2022 Alliance Paradigm 390MP >BD3,r,22" Blackstone
r,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,Prog.50A surge ,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan, Sailun S637

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Can you take your son with you?

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you cancelled, you will not be able to resell the sites even with no refund. Policies with most rv parks or campgrounds will state that if you cancel or do not show up by a certain time they retain the right to re-rent that site to someone else. It will not sit empty.

garyhaupt
Explorer
Explorer
If you booked during the 'No Refund' period, then you really have no complaint, do you?

And..I'm sorry, but using your son as the foundation for your argument, just doesn't cut it. Everyone is glad that he is coming back early, and safely, but that doesn't give you an edge in the refund game.

Perhaps, as was suggested, try selling it on-line. Maybe someone reading this, will make an offer...who knows.

Gary Haupt
I have a Blog..about stuff, some of which is RV'ing.

http://mrgwh.blogspot.ca/

2chiefsRus
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks to your son for his service. Did you cancel the reservation over the phone with an employee (who can only enforce the rules are written) or write a letter explaining why you had to cancel? I would suggest if you cancelled over the phone, that you follow up with a Polite letter explaining why you had to cancel, when you initially notified them of the need to cancel, and acknowledge that at least a partial refund would be appreciated especially since you cancelled early enough for them to be able to fill your vacancy.
Dave & Kathy
2007 Monaco Knight 40PDQ towing 2018 Ford F-150 & 2017 Harley Trike
Fulltime 2007 to 2016, now halftimers
Before you give someone a piece of your mind, make sure you can get by with what will be left.
Our Blog
National Parks Visited

Jim_Shoe
Explorer
Explorer
July 19th thru the 28th this year. That's only 5 weeks away.
Retired and visiting as much of this beautiful country as I can.

guidry
Explorer
Explorer
Post the days online and sell them to someone else wanting to stay there. Hopefully you can recoup some of your money. And, BTW, thank your son for all of us! We appreciate his service!
Good luck