cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

posting a topic

down_home
Explorer II
Explorer II
The topic that I posted, I did not read on RV.net. I hadn't been on it for days due to being in hospital.
There was no political agenda other thaan reporting a citizen being abused.
30 REPLIES 30

noe-place
Explorer
Explorer
Let's all take a deep breath and talk about spring trips in the rv's eh?

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
Oh how so many are so willing to give up what was so hard to attain. Not me!
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

coolbreeze01
Explorer
Explorer
Appears the officer isn't qualified to be a meter maid in any other city.
2008 Ram 3500 With a Really Strong Tractor Motor...........
LB, SRW, 4X4, 6-Speed Auto, 3.73, Prodigy P3, Blue Ox Sway Pro........
2014 Sandsport 26FBSL

wny_pat1
Explorer
Explorer
You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts. I read no facts in that "story". No documentation of anything. It appear to be strictly a public relations story for the NRA.
โ€œAll journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware.โ€

BurbMan
Explorer II
Explorer II
Why I carry pepper spray instead of a firearm. That's all I need to defend myself from a personal assault. If I spray them with pepper and they shoot me, they're going to jail. If they don't shoot me, they're going to the hospital.

pappcam
Explorer
Explorer
fla-gypsy wrote:
wbwood wrote:
fla-gypsy wrote:
wbwood wrote:
Rules are no gun talk. Perhaps that's why it's gone.

Over and over I see folks saying "it's against the rules" when in fact there is no such rule. So just for clarification these are the rules;

To insure a prompt and quality response to your question or comment, you must post it to the proper forum. Consider the following guidelines before posting:

โ€ขWe reserve the right to remove any post at any time for any reason
โ€ข You are not allowed to post the same message in multiple forums without permission from one of the Open Roads Forum moderators.
โ€ข The use of profanity is not allowed. An "integrated watchdog" will monitor your post and attempt to expunge objectionable language.
โ€ข "Flaming" of other participants is strictly forbidden. Professional conduct is a primary requirement for participation on the Open Roads Forum.
โ€ข Spamming, in any form, is strictly forbidden.
โ€ข You may not use the Open Roads Forum to either advertise or promote commercial endeavors. This includes direct posts, member name, URLS in your profile or signature, as well as, active links to other sites on the Internet.
โ€ข You may include URLs or active links to commercial sites for the purpose of expanding on comments or providing additional information as part of regular forum interactions.
โ€ข You may not use the Open Roads Forum for "For Sale" or "Wanted" posts. Solicitations by private/public agencies, or individuals for any cause are also not allowed.
โ€ข Posts are not allowed in which a local, state, or federal consumer action board and/or legal counsel is/have been involved. This includes posts related to future, ongoing or past lawsuits.
โ€ข Political and religious posts, pictures, links, signatures etc. are not allowed in these forums and may be removed without notice or discussion.
โ€ขYou may post about problems you have with a product or organization, however the use of the forums to repeatedly attack them is strictly forbidden.
โ€ขThe above rules will be strictly enforced. Continued violations may result in loss of Open Roads Forum privileges and complaints being lodged with your Internet Service Provider. Open Roads Forum reserves the right to refuse and/or revoke membership to anyone without notice. If a member name is banned, it may not be reinstated.

You might wanna pass that on to the moderators because all threads on gun talk end up being closed.

Oh your talking about the "unpublished rules". No gun talk, no Maxxis tire threads, OK to bash posters the Mods don't like, don't criticize the Mods, don't question the lunacy of your govt., etc.

Wow, what a bunch of freakin' whiners in here. Can't people keep this stuff to their local coffee shop where they sit around with all the other miserable people and complain about every thing that's going wrong "these days"?

From what I see, gun talk always evolves into political arguing which IS forbidden according to the posted rules. Also, rule number 1 basically says they can remove any thread that they want.
2023 Grand Design Imagine 2970RL
2011 F150 XLT 5.0

D___M
Explorer
Explorer
JJBIRISH wrote:
When you get down to it, it had nothing to do with a gun or permitsโ€ฆ

itโ€™s a one sided and unsubstantiated story from a writer with a distinctly conservative point of viewโ€ฆ

ABOUT: Tom Jackson: from the very paper the article first appeared inโ€ฆ
Tom Jacksonโ€™s baseball card โ€” if he had one โ€” would report he throws left, writes right. In his columns and blog, โ€œThe Right Stuff,โ€ southpaw Jackson provides insight into the evolving human condition from a distinctly conservative point of view.

What kind of journalist would write a story of this nature and not check the circumstance himselfโ€ฆ

Yep, one where the story true or not, supports his own views and a story that will take on a life of its own by others that want to believe it in the blogosphere where it will never stop being spread, and truth or facts are not importantโ€ฆ

There is an old saying which goes something like this "Publish or Perish"

I agree with JJ. Opinion writers need columns, not facts
Dave
Mary, the world's best wife (1951-2009) R.I.P
Lizzy (a Boston)
Izzy, Pepper & BuddyP - Gone but not forgotten
2005 Itasca Suncruiser 35A

My computer beat me at chess once; but it was no match for me at kickboxing.

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
JJBIRISH wrote:
When you get down to it, it had nothing to do with a gun or permitsโ€ฆ

itโ€™s a one sided and unsubstantiated story from a writer with a distinctly conservative point of viewโ€ฆ

ABOUT: Tom Jackson: from the very paper the article first appeared inโ€ฆ
Tom Jacksonโ€™s baseball card โ€” if he had one โ€” would report he throws left, writes right. In his columns and blog, โ€œThe Right Stuff,โ€ southpaw Jackson provides insight into the evolving human condition from a distinctly conservative point of view.

What kind of journalist would write a story of this nature and not check the circumstance himselfโ€ฆ

Yep, one where the story true or not, supports his own views and a story that will take on a life of its own by others that want to believe it in the blogosphere where it will never stop being spread, and truth or facts are not importantโ€ฆ

The fact that the AP has not reported it doesn't mean it didn't happen, it just doesn't fit their agenda. Kind of like the many events taking place over the last few years that aren't reported adequately.
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
fla-gypsy wrote:
What? You mean the news media would lie to us? Thank God we can count on the government to tell us the truth, keep us from being spied on and protect our rights!

HA! :B
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
wbwood wrote:
fla-gypsy wrote:
wbwood wrote:

Over and over I see folks saying "it's against the rules" when in fact there is no such rule. So just for clarification these are the rules;

To insure a prompt and quality response to your question or comment, you must post it to the proper forum. Consider the following guidelines before posting:

โ€ข You are not allowed to post the same message in multiple forums without permission from one of the Open Roads Forum moderators.
โ€ข The use of profanity is not allowed. An "integrated watchdog" will monitor your post and attempt to expunge objectionable language.
โ€ข "Flaming" of other participants is strictly forbidden. Professional conduct is a primary requirement for participation on the Open Roads Forum.
โ€ข You may not use the Open Roads Forum to either advertise or promote commercial endeavors. This includes direct posts, member name, URLS in your profile or signature, as well as, active links to other sites on the Internet.
โ€ข You may include URLs or active links to commercial sites for the purpose of expanding on comments or providing additional information as part of regular forum interactions.
โ€ข You may not use the Open Roads Forum for "For Sale" or "Wanted" posts. Solicitations by private/public agencies, or individuals for any cause are also not allowed.
โ€ข Posts are not allowed in which a local, state, or federal consumer action board and/or legal counsel is/have been involved. This includes posts related to future, ongoing or past lawsuits.
โ€ข Political and religious posts, pictures, links, signatures etc. are not allowed in these forums and may be removed without notice or discussion.
โ€ขYou may post about problems you have with a product or organization, however the use of the forums to repeatedly attack them is strictly forbidden.
โ€ขThe above rules will be strictly enforced. Continued violations may result in loss of Open Roads Forum privileges and complaints being lodged with your Internet Service Provider. Open Roads Forum reserves the right to refuse and/or revoke membership to anyone without notice. If a member name is banned, it may not be reinstated.

You might wanna pass that on to the moderators because all threads on gun talk end up being closed.

Oh your talking about the "unpublished rules". No gun talk, no Maxxis tire threads, OK to bash posters the Mods don't like, don't criticize the Mods, don't question the lunacy of your govt., etc.

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
JJBIRISH wrote:
fla-gypsy wrote:
It was printed in the Tampa Tribune and they have editors to check this stuff! It happened, believe it or not.

Tom Jacksonโ€™s conservative opinion column is published each Sunday. Read The Right Stuff on TBO.com at tbo.com/tom Jackson/

This guy is an opinion writerโ€ฆ he has made no claims nor has anyone else that I could find investigated anything about the storyโ€ฆ something that should be easy to doโ€ฆ

He is also an outspoken advocate on the issueโ€ฆ on Jan 12 he wrote another piece advocating, and lacks any credibility on impartialityโ€ฆ

So if itโ€™s printed in the Tampa Trib. it happenedโ€ฆ now that is funny I don't care what anyone saysโ€ฆ

What? You mean the news media would lie to us? Thank God we can count on the government to tell us the truth, keep us from being spied on and protect our rights!

2012Coleman
Explorer II
Explorer II
noe-place wrote:
Gun arguments would tie RV.Net up forever. I think it's best we all stick to our own opinions.

I believe we should stick to topics concerning RVing. I'm surprised the moderator posted a link to the tale in question. JMHO.
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
fla-gypsy wrote:
It was printed in the Tampa Tribune and they have editors to check this stuff! It happened, believe it or not.

And news papers never post incorrect (or even better...misleading) information? The guy that wrote the article is writing what he was told by this one guy. There was no mention as to why they even pulled him over.
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
fla-gypsy wrote:
wbwood wrote:

Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L