cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Question on Splendide Washer Dryer Combo

AAFD
Explorer
Explorer
Looking at new RV's and some of the units have Splendid Washer Dryer Combo in them. Would love any opinions on them good or bad. Are they worth the money. Do they do a good job washing/Dryer shirts, shorts and items.

Thanks KC
2015 Thor Challenger 37KT
Towed Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
FMCA member
20 REPLIES 20

GoPackGo
Explorer
Explorer
I ordered my 5th wheel; did not buy off the lot. The builder did the install - Heartland Bighorn. I think the pair was around $2000.

samefly
Explorer
Explorer
GoPackGo wrote:

I had them factory installed - let the factory drill the vent hole in the outside wall. Let the factory route hot and cold water lines and also drain lines to the grey tank. Let the factory make sure there is an electrical outlet in the right place.

Which company did the install? Around how much did they charge?

GoPackGo
Explorer
Explorer
I full time and have their stackables. Would not be without them. I did not retire just so I could spend part of my life in a laundramat using a washer where someone just washed a blanket their dog barfed on.

I throw in a load and head out for the day. Put them in the dryer when I get back. No real time spent doing laundry.

I had them factory installed - let the factory drill the vent hole in the outside wall. Let the factory route hot and cold water lines and also drain lines to the grey tank. Let the factory make sure there is an electrical outlet in the right place.

Drying takes longer - running on 110v.

Make sure to get the vented unit.

Itching2go
Explorer II
Explorer II
Our vented Splendide works very well for us for many of the reasons mentioned here. It's small footprint compared to a stackable is great. Yes, it requires that loads be small, but with just the two of us, retired and on the road for many weeks at a time, we have gotten into the routine of running a load every few days. The only adjustment we've had to make is for cotton shirts and pants. To avoid wrinkling, we partially dry them for 20 minutes, then hang them either outside or inside for an hour or two to finish drying. Other than that, it's load, start, and forget. And as a previous poster noted, it uses very little water and liquid detergent. Beats the heck out of a coin laundromat.
2008 Jayco Designer 35RLSA pulled by a 2007 Chevy 3500 D/A SRW

John_Joey
Explorer
Explorer
Only real downside is you wash, then dry, before you can wash another load. Makes for a long day. Also, 110v drying isn't the most efficient way to dry clothes.
Thereโ€™s no fool, like an old fool.

JFNM
Explorer
Explorer
Hi KC, I have the Splendide VENTED combo and it works well for me (solo full-timer). Vented is important for drying time. I don't enjoy laundromats (but understand that some folks do) so love having it.
JD - Full timer out west
1998 MCI 102-EL3 Revolution | 2010 Wrangler (daJeep) | 1.7kW Solar - 10kWh Lithium
My Adventures

TechWriter
Explorer
Explorer
rr2254545 wrote:
Had both combo and stacked - I would not waste my money on the combo - the stacked one actually get used

Yep. I had a combo and now installing an Ariston stacked. The combo is just too slow.
2004 - 2010 Part Timer (35โ€™ 2004 National RV Sea Breeze 8341 - Workhorse)
2010 - 2021 Full Timer (41โ€™ 2001 Newmar Mountain Aire 4095 DP - Cummins)
2021 - ??? Part Timer (31โ€™ 2001 National RV Sea View 8311 - Ford)
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

samefly
Explorer
Explorer
Did anyone of you install them yourselves? Any tips on how to? Where did you end up storing it? Any long term reviews?

We haven't bought out TT yet but we're trying to do as much research as we can.

Itching2go
Explorer II
Explorer II
Didn't have one in our first fiver, but got a vented Splendide in the rig we're pulling now. As noted by others, the loads are small, but that has not been a problem for us. Since it's a 'combo' washer/dryer, we just start a load before we leave for the day, and it's done when we get home. Also uses a ridiculously small amount of water and liquid detergent. The only thing we don't like is the wrinkling due, we understand, to the small size of the drum. Beats the heck out of spending time at the Laundromat, though.
2008 Jayco Designer 35RLSA pulled by a 2007 Chevy 3500 D/A SRW

davent1946
Explorer
Explorer
All of the above plus the tech support I've gotten from them has been the best. Answered all my questions and provided solutions. Wouldn't be without one.

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yes, they work. Yes, the drum is small, thus small loads. Yes,clothes do wrinkle. Yes, they can get out of balance when drying. Yes, having one means not wasting time at some shady laundrymat.

John___Angela
Explorer
Explorer
The 2100C works fine for us as full timers. No complaints. First on e lasted 10 years doing a load a day. Still worked when we replaced it but timer was womky. Now on the second one.
2003 Revolution 40C Class A. Electric smart car as a Toad on a smart car trailer
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but rather by the moments that take our breath away.

mowermech
Explorer
Explorer
We lived in a fifth wheel for three years, with a Splendide vented combo.
It often got used twice a day.
We found that if we put one suit of clothes in it (shirt, jeans, underwear, socks) it did a great job with minimal wrinkling.
So, in the evening, I would shower and put my clothes in the Splendide. In the morning, they were clean and ready to put on.
When DW got home from work, she would put here scrubs in it, and go to bed. when she got up, they were done, but she usually hung them up instead of wearing them again.
If we ever go full timing again, the RV MUST have a Splendide installed!
That means I would have to get a different coach, there is no room for one in the Southwind!
CM1, USN (RET)
2017 Jayco TT
Daily Driver: '14 Subaru Outback
1998 Dodge QC LWB, Cummins, 5 speed, 4X2
2 Kawasaki Brute Force 750 ATVs.
Pride Raptor 3 wheeled off-road capable mobility scooter
"When seconds count, help is only minutes away!"

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
Had both combo and stacked - I would not waste my money on the combo - the stacked one actually get used
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks