cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV Dealers

elroseo
Explorer
Explorer
So I was looking at a new 2021 Springdale and I happen to ask if this trailer would be ready to go if I bought it right now. The salesman said they do not supply sewer hose, WATER hose or Propane Tanks.....is this normal?....kind of turned me off...
Michael
30 REPLIES 30

dfm
Explorer
Explorer
It would be illegal to tow a trailer without operational brakes , which requires a 12volt battery to emergency stop if the electric hookup was disconnected from the tow vehicle. I doubt a dealer could allow a trailer off their lot with no battery.
2015 Open Range 340 FLR
2012 Ram3500 Laramie Longhorn/Cummins
1 DW 1 Furperson

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
Where I work we get trailers in from the factory and they DO come with propane tanks, a spare tire, and a power cord but they don't come from the factory with batteries or water or sewer hoses. I'm surprised your dealer didn't charge you for a battery since that could be a legitimate charge.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
elroseo wrote:
So I was looking at a new 2021 Springdale and I happen to ask if this trailer would be ready to go if I bought it right now. The salesman said they do not supply sewer hose, WATER hose or Propane Tanks.....is this normal?....kind of turned me off...

That is probably an expected service, but bottom line it boils down to the deal you're getting. It's not like that stuff isn't easy and relatively cheap to purchase.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Boomerweps
Explorer
Explorer
The manufacturerโ€™s website lists what the TT comes with, normally a spare tire and propane tanks.
2019 Wolf Pup 16 BHS Limited, axle flipped
2019 F150 4x4 SCrew SB STX 5.0 3.55 factory tow package, 7000#GVWR, 1990 CC Tow mirrors, ITBC, SumoSprings,

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
elroseo wrote:
So I was looking at a new 2021 Springdale

Sprindgale is Keystone brand. Looks like you are in Oregon, which means the Springdale your local dealer has was very likely built in the Pendleton Keystone plant. Every RV I hauled out of the Pendleton plant and delivered to a dealer on the PNW had Propane tanks.

Maybe the dealer didn't listen carefully to your question and thought you were asking if the tanks came "filled" with propane.

Speaking of coming with wheels... does the camper have a spare tire? Some dealers sell campers, especially TT, without spares. They, of course, have a "spare tire kit" available to buy.

Keystone also supplied spare tires with their rigs
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

The last RV I purchased, back in 2019 came with full LP tanks... I received a $50.00 gift card to their store, and I believe 30% off anything in the store on pick up day, with an additional 15% off in the store going forward.
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
My experiences when buying new, was everything supplied, ready to camp. A new battery, full propane tanks, the infamous starter kit (hoses, toilet paper, hocky puck adapter, and a few other items) mostly junk, but useable.

I was also offered a one time discount on most accessories in their store. One thing to keep in mind, the purchaser ultimately pays for any freebies, or items thrown in to close the deal. Often times this includes a free hitch, which will likely be a low end model. In this case, I'd try to upgrade to better quality, even if I have to pay the difference.

Jerry

Tvov
Explorer
Explorer
Speaking of coming with wheels... does the camper have a spare tire? Some dealers sell campers, especially TT, without spares. They, of course, have a "spare tire kit" available to buy.

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
elroseo wrote:

factory supplies the empty propane tanks. the dealer will usually fill the tanks for free. the other stuff is sometimes included in a lousy starter kit but usually it's not included.
you'll get better hoses from the RV section at Walmart.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

nickthehunter
Nomad II
Nomad II
Depends on what the market is like. If they have more customers than trailers to sell, theyโ€™ll hold out for the highest price the can squeeze you for. If the have lots of trailers and no customers, the thrown in incentives can be pretty lucrative. There is no such thing as normal, whatโ€™s normal today could be out the window next week.

Oasisbob
Explorer
Explorer
NO it is not normal. There is a tremendous mark up within the RV industry and these should be thrown in to the deal. Are wheels also not included? Seriously, what a jack wagon
Oasis Bob
Wonderful wife 3 of 4 kids at home. 1 proudly serving in USAF
2018 Ford Explorer
2001 Bantam Trail Lite B-19

HAPPY TRAILS:)

Bob_Olallawa
Explorer
Explorer
KD4UPL wrote:
I wouldn't expect anything to be included that isn't fastened to the RV; this would include propane tanks and a battery. Hoses, cords, levelers, adapters, etc. are all up to you to purchase.

At that point I walk away.
Welcome to my home, that door you just broke down was there for your protection not mine.

KD4UPL
Explorer
Explorer
I wouldn't expect anything to be included that isn't fastened to the RV; this would include propane tanks and a battery. Hoses, cords, levelers, adapters, etc. are all up to you to purchase.

LadyRVer
Explorer II
Explorer II
Never purchased a new RV (or used for that matter) without propane tanks. I do know I purchased a new truck camper and it did not come with steps... go figure. I got the steps without added cost. But NEVER without LP tanks.

Like Lwiddis said... absolutely with LP tanks.... the other stuff they usually give you a choice.....

#1 - give you a crappy starter kit, good enough to use the first time
#2 - give you a store credit to purchase from their shop.

Thats pretty stupid that they do not offer either, tell them its a deal breaker and see what they do
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet