cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Rv Park Admission Fee

haste_maker
Explorer II
Explorer II
I am at a Rv park that I have stayed at many times in the past, but now they have just began to require family visitors & our friends to pay an admission fee daily to visit us...is this something that other parks are also doing?...this is my first time to experience this...
Retried Teamster
2007 Allergo
55 REPLIES 55

Dog_Folks
Explorer
Explorer
carp65: Probably a good decision on your part.

The park you mentioned is in Virginia, not WV. as you claim.

RV park reviews average is 6.7 with 158 reviews, so evidentially, many other campers disagree with you.
Our Rig:
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
2006 Outback 27 RSDS

We also have with us two rescue dogs. A Chihuahua mix & a Catahoula mix.

"I did not get to this advanced age because I am stupid."

Full time since June 2006

carp65
Explorer
Explorer
Last fall we were in Winchester, WV visiting with my wife's family
and we paid $24.00 for her niece and husband and two children,
and wife's sister and husband who were visiting from Puerto Rico.
The park was Candy Hill RV Resort. Will never stay here again
and would never recommend it to anyone. The help are very unfriendly
and do not seem to care that you are a customer. Park is nothing
special and there are two major highways next to it and noise of
cars and semi's is terrible. This was the first time we ever had
to pay for visitors and they were only there for a couple of hours.
Did not shower, shave or the like and no one used their swimming pool
Would advise anyone to stay away from this place!

SDcampowneroper
Explorer
Explorer
Dtank wrote:
paulcardoza wrote:
What is that supposed to mean? Your argument is gibberish. One has nothing to do with the other.

garyhaupt wrote:
And all those park owners and those that defend the extra fees....tell me you don't shop at Wal-Mart, or on-line, to get the best price on imported goods, even tho the local shop or plant in your area probably has gone out of business.

Gary Haupt

Another vote for - Haupt (hopped) off topic with an axe to grind..:S

I and several other esteemed members have tried logic and knowledge with this poster earlier on this and other threads . Lets not feed him anymore?
Max

pitch
Explorer II
Explorer II
You did well B.O. You came to feel you weren't getting enough for your dollar. You left! The new guy is apparently happy with his perceived value and the land owner is realizing what he believes it to be worth. Wonderful system isn't it!

B_O__Plenty
Explorer II
Explorer II
I had a seasonal in central MN for 16 years. New owners took over. Prices on everything went up. Then they started charging if I had visitors over for lunch, then charged more if the visitors wanted to use the pool, then charged even more if they stayed overnight. Then we couldn't bring our own pop into the lodge because they sold pop there..and on and on. We always paid our rent and any other charges right away, never late on anything. Now we don't pay them anything and somebody else has our spot...lots happier since we left.

BO.
Former Ram/Cummins owner
2015 Silverado 3500 D/A DRW
Yup I'm a fanboy!
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS

pitch
Explorer II
Explorer II
I do shop at Wal Mart, when it is appropriate to shop at Wal Mart, where one shops has nothing to do with this topic/
Will you pay extra for a guest? It is totally up to you, there is no right and no wrong here. If you as a consumer do not feel as if you should pay an additional fee for guest, then don't have a guest!
Every Park Resort or Campground,party venue, etc has an upfront written policy. Your duty is to read the rules before you commit.

Dtank
Explorer
Explorer
paulcardoza wrote:
What is that supposed to mean? Your argument is gibberish. One has nothing to do with the other.

garyhaupt wrote:
And all those park owners and those that defend the extra fees....tell me you don't shop at Wal-Mart, or on-line, to get the best price on imported goods, even tho the local shop or plant in your area probably has gone out of business.

Gary Haupt

Another vote for - Haupt (hopped) off topic with an axe to grind..:S

garyhaupt
Explorer
Explorer
Dog Folks wrote:
garyhaupt wrote:

Gary Haupt

Well Gary, you don't have to believe me BUT; I don't shop at WalMart, and never on-line. I want American made,(not always possible,) to touch it, and examine it, before I buy it.

I happy, even though it may cost a few bucks extra. Guess that is why I am not rich. But I'm happy.

Cool...good for you. I like that.

Gary Haupt
I have a Blog..about stuff, some of which is RV'ing.

http://mrgwh.blogspot.ca/

Dog_Folks
Explorer
Explorer
garyhaupt wrote:

Gary Haupt

Well Gary, you don't have to believe me BUT; I don't shop at WalMart, and never on-line. I want American made,(not always possible,) to touch it, and examine it, before I buy it.

I happy, even though it may cost a few bucks extra. Guess that is why I am not rich. But I'm happy.
Our Rig:
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
2006 Outback 27 RSDS

We also have with us two rescue dogs. A Chihuahua mix & a Catahoula mix.

"I did not get to this advanced age because I am stupid."

Full time since June 2006

paulcardoza
Explorer
Explorer

garyhaupt wrote:

Gary Haupt
Paul & Sandra
Plymouth, MA
2014 Heartland Cyclone 4100 King

mich800
Explorer
Explorer
garyhaupt wrote:

Gary Haupt

I am not sure of your logic. Everyone is free to choose the campground that has a fee structure that they approve of.

Now if you go to a campground that is cheaper than another family run campground but charges a fee you disagree with are you guilty of putting them out of business because you choose the cheapest option?

Fizz
Explorer
Explorer
What a lot of people fail to understand is all these rules and regulations did not spring up out of nowhere.
Something triggered it.
Eventually the owner said 'Enough is enough'
This is hurting the bottom line and somebody has to pay.

The reason you are paying more today is because somebody abused the system yesterday.

garyhaupt
Explorer
Explorer

Gary Haupt
I have a Blog..about stuff, some of which is RV'ing.

http://mrgwh.blogspot.ca/

winnietrey
Explorer
Explorer
As a business owner, I understand, that 99% of small business owners are not getting filthy stinking rich. They are trying to keep the doors open and the family fed. They are not trying to gouge the consumer for every last dollar. They want to provide a good service for a fair fee.
As a consumer. I would ask myself this, is it money well spent to be able to spend time with family and friends, at that particular park?

If the answer is yes, then I will gladly pay the fee. If not then I will make a different choice.

People sometimes, are to cheap for their own good. Get their panties in a bunch, And miss out on some really fun things, over a few bucks