cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV Sheets

HeeHawHoney
Explorer
Explorer
We are getting ready to go full time in the very near future. I have a short RV Queen mattress in my rig. It is impossible to find sheets to fit it that don't cost a fortune (in comparison to regular sheets) or are not very good quality. So, when I bought sheets for the RV bed, I bought my regular brand and have been living with the wrinkles in the fitted sheet and tucking the top sheet in where it falls out from under the comforter when I make the bed. Once in a while, I will wake up because the sheet has wadded up underneath me, and I'm sure that will continue to be a problem when we are full time.

I have seen one person post an elaborate configuration of straps and such designed to keep the fitted sheet from being wrinkled and sliding off the mattress, but that just doesn't seem to suit my style because I just don't see myself going to that much trouble.

So, tell the truth, what do you do for sheets in your RV, and does the wrinkled bottom sheet drive you crazy enough to make you wish you'd spent the extra dough on an RV sheet set?
"The Hilton"
2002 Jayco 3100SS
Brett and Tracy and Bella (The Beautiful Bulldog)
My Blog - Alabama Overdrive
Pic of "The Hilton"
Pic of "The Beautiful Bulldog"
Pic of Brett and Tracy
25 REPLIES 25

sher9570
Explorer
Explorer
We use regular sheets, we do have a 4" topper so maybe that takes up some of it, the fitted bottom is deep pocket.
Last year we bought two 400 count sets from Marshalls for $75, they fit fine.
When we first got the rv I though the sheets were terrible, the top sheet barely covered you and if you rolled over your backside was not covered.
Threw them away and went with normal sheets sets since.

Sher
Doug & Sher
2006 HR Presidential 34'
2001 Ford Excursion 7.3

Lucy-"Red Fox" Lab...8/7-'07
Bubba,rescue Pom...4/1-2010
Csepki, rescue Poodle...9/15-2001

2012Coleman
Explorer
Explorer
We just use regular Queen sheets and tuck the excess under the mattress. Same for the fitted sheet. Easy peasy.
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

sowego
Explorer
Explorer
We have some sheet clips that slide over the sheet and rope/ribbing on the mattress edge. They are easy to put on when you 1st make up the bed and keep the sheet tight as a drum. I've not seen them for years...I think we bought one set at bed bath and beyond but I'd check online places too like Amazon or Ebay.

If you sew at all you can redo one end to make the sheet shorter. But I use the clips no matter if the sheets fit or not...I also hate wrinkled sheets.

I just checked Amazon.com...type in sheet grippers...they have 2 different ones. I put them on the lower/close to the platform edge of the mattress over the sheet. It take a bit of practice to get them over the cording but once you get the technique down it's fairly easy. You can buy enough sets to put on all 4 sides (2 per side) if you want to. good luck!
2002 Tiffin Phaeton
2005 Malibu Maxx toad

rolling_rhoda
Explorer
Explorer
Fitted sheets with elastic all the way around x3.

Lands End makes them. Target has several options, too, including the Nate Berkus and Threshold lines. There's Pottery Barn as well.

phillyg
Explorer II
Explorer II
We wasted our money on short queen sheets, I think from CW for $75 or so. They were good quality but the top sheet never really stayed put. Maybe we're active sleepers, but still. So, we spent more money for a bigger FW with a full queen bed LOL.
--2005 Ford F350 Lariat Crewcab 6.0, 4x4, 3.73 rear
--2016 Montana 3711FL, 40'
--2014 Wildcat 327CK, 38' SOLD

Kit_Carson
Explorer
Explorer
DW recently ordered short queen RV sheets from Amazon. 650 thread count, fitted bottom, flat sheet and 4 pillow cases. $79, no tax, free shipping from India. Got them within 8 days. Washed and dried them, put them on the bed in RV and they fit very good. Haven't slept on them yet.
KIT CARSON
GOOD SAM LIFE MEMBER
USAF VETERAN
ARS: KE5VLE
NORTHWEST LOUISIANA

HeeHawHoney
Explorer
Explorer
wannavolunteerFT wrote:
I have found that some of the sheets I have that were previous to the days of the super thick mattresses work well. When I bought new ones, I didn't buy the "extra deep pocket sheets." With a 3" memory foam and a quilted mattress pad, I am good with regular sheets, just have a bit extra to tuck under at the foot.

FYI, OP mentioned not being able to find high thread count sheets in "RV" sizes. You do not want to get too high of a thread count or you have defeated the purpose of cotton sheets. A count over about 400 doesn't breathe well, and you end up with the same temperature regulation issues as if you used polyester blend or 100% polyester sheets.

You are so right about having the thread count too high, wannavolunteer. I posted on the other thread that I didn't want to go over 1000 thread count, which is what I use at home now, because of an experience with a gift from a friend. She bought me a set of 1600 TC linen sheets and it was very similar to what I imagine sleeping under a canvas tarp would feel like.

Whiteeye42, I don't have the princess and the pea syndrome, but you did crack me up. Keep smiling!
"The Hilton"
2002 Jayco 3100SS
Brett and Tracy and Bella (The Beautiful Bulldog)
My Blog - Alabama Overdrive
Pic of "The Hilton"
Pic of "The Beautiful Bulldog"
Pic of Brett and Tracy

wannavolunteerF
Explorer
Explorer
I have found that some of the sheets I have that were previous to the days of the super thick mattresses work well. When I bought new ones, I didn't buy the "extra deep pocket sheets." With a 3" memory foam and a quilted mattress pad, I am good with regular sheets, just have a bit extra to tuck under at the foot.

FYI, OP mentioned not being able to find high thread count sheets in "RV" sizes. You do not want to get too high of a thread count or you have defeated the purpose of cotton sheets. A count over about 400 doesn't breathe well, and you end up with the same temperature regulation issues as if you used polyester blend or 100% polyester sheets.
2015 FR Georgetown 378TS

Tom_N
Explorer
Explorer
Use a pair or two of suspenders clipped to the sheet under the mattress.
Sarver, PA/Crystal River, FL/Shelocta, PA ยท W3TLN ยท FMCA 335149 ยท Mystic Knights of the Sea
2005 Suncruiser 38R ยท W24 chassis, no chassis mods needed ยท 2013 Honda Accord EX-L ยท 2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L

whiteeye42
Explorer
Explorer
gcloss wrote:
camper19709 wrote:
I see/feel no problem with a "slightly" wrinkled up bottom sheet ๐Ÿ™‚
just my 2cents
Agree 100%

i agree also but then she might have the princess and the pea syndrome where she can feel every little wrinkle or bump no matter how tight she gets them pulled on the bed
Me,Wife two boys and two dogs
2008 Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4x4 DRW 6.7 cummins
2008 Jayco Eagle 341 RLQS 37' with B&W turnover ball & companion hitch
using rotochoks
add state map

gcloss
Explorer
Explorer
camper19709 wrote:
I see/feel no problem with a "slightly" wrinkled up bottom sheet ๐Ÿ™‚
just my 2cents
Agree 100%
2012 Ram 2500 Big Horn Crew Cab 8' box
5.7 Hemi, 4x4, 4.10
2015 Jayco Eagle 284BHBE

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad
Years ago I bought specialty sized sheets for a motorhome from JC Penney. At that time, they had a catalog and showed all the sizes you could get. They were a little more expensive than regular sheets, but fit perfectly. They do sell on line now, so you might try there as well, just for comparison.

Dale
Dale Pace
Widow of Terry (Teacher's Pet)

Traveling with Brendon, my Scottish Terrier

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

2021 Coach House Platinum III 250DT
Fulltimed for 15 years, now living in Florida

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
Look for sheets on sale that have elastic all the way around the fitted bottom sheet. I put the sheet on the head of the bed first, then tuck the extra in at the bottom. The elastic all around helps keep it wrinkle free. I found ours at JC Penney on sale. Serta makes iComfort sheets that have elastic all around but they are expensive unless you can find them on sale. Also putting a topper on the mattress will help take up the extra fabric on regular queen sheets if they have the elastic all around.
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi

anitajeff
Explorer
Explorer
I also use the Original Bed Band from Amazon. Works well on regular size King Sheets. RV sheets are very expensive.