cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV toilet paper now that Walmart is gone?

Matt_Colie
Explorer
Explorer
We are looking to load up on toilet paper. I heard that Walmart's Angel Soft dissolved well, but recently I have heard that the newer stock does not.

Does anybody have an confirmed new choice?

Thanks

Matt
Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dogs (one dear dog is waiting for us at the bridge) going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.
125 REPLIES 125

noe-place
Explorer
Explorer
I think it had something to do with rvers dumping tanks in WM's parking lot drains. :R

pasusan
Explorer
Explorer
K3WE wrote:
2012Coleman wrote:
Walmart is gone? :h

Yes...

Every last store shut down for violations of some overnight camping law.
Yes - and somehow it has to do with...

Toilet paper!

(I can't believe this thread has been resurrected!!!!)

Susan & Ben [2004 Roadtrek 170]
href="https://sites.google.com/view/pasusan-trips/home" target="_blank">Trip Pics

K3WE
Explorer
Explorer
2012Coleman wrote:

Yes...

Every last store shut down for violations of some overnight camping law.

2012Coleman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

Dave_E
Explorer
Explorer
I buy what my body tells me to buy I don't worry about what a holding tank needs, it is secondary to my needs and my needs are first always in this matter.....
If at first you don't succeed--don't try sky diving!!
I'd rather be camping

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Angel Soft is a brand older than Wal-mart.

Scotts Single Ply

Fact is, In assorted tests, they reported the time it took several brands to break down including Charmin Quilted (The worst) and Tethford (not far from it) and frankly, by the time I finish the paperwork, Pull up my trousers. Get out and pull the handle.

It's won't make any difference what brand I buy.

I get Aldi's house brand usually. Low cost (most everything in that store is) and not bad.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

noe-place
Explorer
Explorer
nitrohorse wrote:
noe-place wrote:
We don't flush ANYTHING down our toilet. It all goes into a waste can and into the dumpster where ever we're staying. Never had any valve or stoppage issues in almost ten yrs rving.

I think I seen you walking to the dumpster with toilet paper stuck to your sneakers...

Now that those of you who chose to criticize toilet paper disposal have finished your PHD's on how is should be done I've got to say one last thing. I made it all up. Now how do you feel? :B

gatorcq
Explorer
Explorer
Just a though, if you flush the tank heavily once a month, you could use ANY type of toilet paper. And when I say flush, I mean it, 15 to 30 minutes, use or make a wand to go down thru the toilet. Hire someone to do it for you once a year, anything.

Proper maintenance is the key here. And yes I know about the water and jar test. Why you ask, worked in the paper mills few years ago.
Dale & Susan
DaGirls II Rv - Dakota & Tilly Traveling Companions.
2008 Alfa Gold, 2015 Ford F150 XLT
Roadmaster and Air Brake System
1600 Watts, Magnum Inv/Chg&Solar
800 Lithium Battery
DaGirslRV Blog

Mocoondo
Explorer II
Explorer II
Anything labeled "septic safe" is also safe in the RV toilet.

LakeN
Explorer
Explorer
Deb and Ed M wrote:
Scott tissue (the single ply stuff) breaks down quickly - I use it at home and in the RV.

X2 have done a jar test.....dissolves well!
'16 Winnebago Minnie Winnie 25B
'14 Ford Focus Titanium Toad with Blue Ox tow system

Altern
Explorer
Explorer
Tests have shown that most toilet paper users fold the sheet at least once thereby leaving one clean side after the first swipe. Studies have also shown that users who take the time to unfold or re-fold and re-use as the case may be, to purchase 28% less paper on an annual basis.
This represents a significant savings to the consumer and I encourage all to not only save money but to help save forests and each of us do our part to be good ecologists.

bill_h
Explorer
Explorer
In discussing toilet paper, there are several things to consider:

1. A claim of being โ€œseptic safeโ€ or โ€œsewer safeโ€ means very little to an RVer. TP in septic systems has a much longer time to dissolve than in an RV black tank. And, of course, โ€œsewer safeโ€ means it will not clog a sewer system, a consideration of little interest to an RVer, given massive amounts of flush water in a sewer-connected toilet.

2. Many makers or marketers of TP have several different products, often with similar sounding names. Walmart, for example, has two on their site. The most recent (May/2012) Consumer Reports test rated Walmartโ€™s โ€œWhite Cloud 3 ply soft and thickโ€ at the top of their test chart, but it seems to be missing from their site. It was the only TP in the test rated Excellent for strength. It is totally beyond my comprehension why the WM geniuses would drop a top-rated product. A top rating on CR testing is the Holy Grail of marketing, and these guys kicked it to the curb. ..........โ€œWhite Cloud soft and thickโ€ rated considerably lower on their testing. โ€œWhite Cloud Ultra Comfortโ€ is on the WM site but was not tested by Consumer Reports. The CR report also has WM โ€œGreat Value Ultra Strongโ€ on their ratings, but it does not appear on the WM site. As a matter of interest, that paper is rated only average in strength. Even when we talk about a main line company like Northern, Scott, Charmin, etc, there are different models with similar names and different placing on the test ratings..

3. House brands change on a regular basis. WM, for example, does not have a TP factory, and subcontracts to have their product made. These contracts, as well as their specifications change regularly, as do shortcuts taken by subcontractors. This is done with no notice to the consumer, and often without the knowledge of WM. In a recent (3/1/13) ARTICLE, WM said they will upgrade the White Cloud toilet paper it sells.

4. When Consumer Reports rates TP on softness, strength and disintegration, there can be a conflict. We all want soft, but softness can take away strength. We all want disintegration, but not while using it. Strength can reduce disintegration.

5. The commonly cited jar test has us shaking the jar to test disintegration. The winner of that test would make me a little wary of it disintegrating before it goes down the drain. If I were water jar testing, I would favor a paper that did not disintegrate right away, but would still disintegrate in my black tank.
NOTE: Any incorrect spelling is intentional to prevent those annoying popups.

84 Barth 30Tag powered by HT502/Thorley/Weiand etc, Gear Vendors OD.
Siamese Calvin and Airedale Hobbes, 4WD Toyota toad

Raymon
Explorer
Explorer
nitrohorse wrote:
Raymon wrote:
DaSu wrote:
This thread is starting to go down the toilet.

X2 I cannot believe the moderator has not closed this ridiculous thread. I wish toilet paper for my RV was all that I had to worry about! Sure glad I do not lead such a dull life. JMHO

I read maybe the first 6 postings and then they got boring. Seriously, don't people have more important things to do than worry about Walmart no longer stocking a certain brand of toilet tissue? I know I certainly have more important things to do. However, to each his own I guess.

Ray

Ray

Come on Ray, admit it, you read this and it kept you entertained.
Your life is dull if you're on here complaining about this thread.

bill_h
Explorer
Explorer
docj wrote:

We tested currently available rolls of "Angel Soft" and it definitely does not dissolve as rapidly as it used to.

Thank you for the useful post.
NOTE: Any incorrect spelling is intentional to prevent those annoying popups.

84 Barth 30Tag powered by HT502/Thorley/Weiand etc, Gear Vendors OD.
Siamese Calvin and Airedale Hobbes, 4WD Toyota toad