cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Rving & Motorcyles

haste_maker
Explorer II
Explorer II
We enjoy rving and riding motorcycles....We take the motorcycle with us on camping trips, and we are looking for others that do the same thing..maybe we could meet up somewhere, and enjoy both..
Retried Teamster
2007 Allergo
12 REPLIES 12

WandaLust2
Explorer
Explorer
We bring our MC to FL with us but I myself don't ride anymore. He sold his Goldwing and now rides my bike. My DH enjoys going out for a few hours of riding alone. It gives me a chance to have some private time, much as I love the old man. ๐Ÿ˜‰
Mrs. WandaLust. Retired. Middle TN
1999 Fleetwood SouthWind 32'
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bombfixer
Explorer
Explorer
Having my motorcycle available is the exact reason that I went with a 5th wheel toyhauler. It works perfect for me. I ride a Harley Davidson Heritage Softail. Wife and I enjoy both the Rv and riding the bike. Next spring we are going to camp at the Lexington KY horse park and take the bike on daily sides trips on the bourbon trail.

haste_maker
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yes a new one is pricey...but with just a little looking around, used ones can be brought for around $1500..
Retried Teamster
2007 Allergo

Chock_Full_o__N
Explorer
Explorer
haste maker wrote:
Chock Full o' Nuts wrote:
DH loves to take his bike. It's kinda hard to get the bike in the back of the truck, so he bought a winch for it. It's still a work in progress. The best option we've found is for him to park on a downhill, pull out the ramp, and THEN put the bike in. Not ideal, can't do it in Florida. ๐Ÿ˜ž I keep thinking we'll figure out something better.

Take look at the Rampage lift

http://www.rampagelift.com/

this is what I use to haul a 900 lb Goldwing

Holy cow! :E That thing is $3000! It looks like a great bike lift, but I don't think DH is gonna be gettin' one of these for Christmas. He'll just have to keep looking for little hills.
"Those who dwell...among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary of life."--Rachel Carson, environmentalist, 1956

2009 Ford F250 XL
2006 Dutchmen 25F
Me & DH in non-parenting mode!

haste_maker
Explorer II
Explorer II
Anyone that likes the NC mountains for camping & motorcycling join as at

http://gorvresort.com/

in Frankin, NC. this Oct. we will be there the 7th of Oct.
Retried Teamster
2007 Allergo

haste_maker
Explorer II
Explorer II
Chock Full o' Nuts wrote:
DH loves to take his bike. It's kinda hard to get the bike in the back of the truck, so he bought a winch for it. It's still a work in progress. The best option we've found is for him to park on a downhill, pull out the ramp, and THEN put the bike in. Not ideal, can't do it in Florida. ๐Ÿ˜ž I keep thinking we'll figure out something better.

Take look at the Rampage lift

http://www.rampagelift.com/

this is what I use to haul a 900 lb Goldwing
Retried Teamster
2007 Allergo

mudhound
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Versa Hauler. Dog gone good item
:C

God Bless

Chock_Full_o__N
Explorer
Explorer
"Those who dwell...among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary of life."--Rachel Carson, environmentalist, 1956

2009 Ford F250 XL
2006 Dutchmen 25F
Me & DH in non-parenting mode!

Larry_Sanders
Explorer
Explorer
I have an enclosed Trailer. I take my Motorcycle with me as much as I can.
Matter of fact I'll be doing just that this Thursday through Sunday.
Larry & Jamie Sanders
2008 Born Free
27 RSB

B_s_Bunch
Explorer
Explorer
In the process of installing a Hydra lift on our coach now. Larry
Larry,Brenda,Travis,Jarred & MEME the Boston Terror:E TheBunch 2011 American Coach Revolution 42T:C The Double Wide

waltfire
Explorer
Explorer
I keep my bike with me as well. We will be in myrtle beach for a couple months starting in October then move to Florida Jan 3 for the rest of winter; April 3rd to be exact. We like the Mims, Titusville, and Cocoa beach area.

WeGotLost
Explorer
Explorer
wifey and i bring our bikes everywhere. we are in missouri right now and will be headed to tx in october.
1995 f350
2007 Keystone Hornet 31rlds
2006 Hayabusa
2009 FZ6R

and a HAM to boot KD0WLB