RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

13 torque 301 worth 30k

We are trying to get it for a little less. There is no generator or tv. Thankshttp://ballardscampingcenter.com/Home/Hidden/InventoryDetails/tabid/15329/invid/721980/Default.aspx

Good find on E-Bay

I thought this was funny. I was searching for some RV items on ebay and came across a 2003 Trailer Life RV Campground Finder! Comes with CD too! And for only $13.48 you too can have 12 year old information on campgrounds!

Which GPS

I bought a Magellan RV9145 in June 2013. It worked until just past the warranty. I paid 250.00 from Amazon. Magellan offered me a replacement for 300.00 I guess they thought I just fell off the turnip truck. I travel about 4 to 5 thousand a summ...

bgant4 by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Inspecting your tow vehicle

Plan to head So from NH in Jan and not back in state til Oct. My inspection date for Tow Vehicle is June. I can do the registration on line/mail but the inspection has me flummoxed. We will be in WA, OR at that time of year. Anyone out there with ...

pexford by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

2015 Cadillac SRX, Lincoln MKX or MKZ

I am considering buying a new toad. I am looking at the Cadillac SRX, the Lincoln MKX and Lincoln MKZ. I would appreciate your comments, especially with regard to ride comfort, towing setup ease and reliability.Thanks

LK23 by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Stool seal leaks

My new camper the seal in the stool doesn't hold water. What I mean is that the water will drain out slowly over time and it seems that the black tank fumes are getting into camper. It isn't real strong smell but still an aroma. On my old camper ther...

Turbo Maxx no more?

Did I wait too long, did Airxcel discontinue the Tubro/maxx vent cover and fan?I'm real leary about "breaking the seal" so to speak on my roof, I don't want to rip out my standard vents for a Maxxair or Fan-tastic.I don't see the Turbo on the Airxcel...

Diesel price ~same as Gas: Why?

Diesel is now within a nickle of the price of Regular. ~1%A year ago there was about dollar difference. ~25-33%Other than seasonality, What has changed and will it persist?************************************************************A thread a ...

break away switch failure

2010 31ft Flagstaff Classic Superlite - I know the switch worked at one time as it was accidentally pulled backing too sharp. It pulled out last year while towing during a severe storm. The wind and rain caused the cable to wrap around the hitch and...

skrizan by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

National General has lost my business!_

I've had National General insurance on my vehicles and RV for the last 7 years and never had a claim. Took my RV out after the winter to find water intrusion with damage to the cab floor and wall. Took the RV to Camping World, their preferred provide...

10 year rule, I figured it out

It is not that some parks enforce the 10 year rule, it is that just about everything in the RV's start to brake, we have a 2001 24 foot C class and so far we have replaced the refrigerator's guts, replaced the air conditioner, got rid off the carpet,...

Maxxis tire failure

I had a Maxxis M8008 205/75 R 15 tire fail on my utility trailer yesterday.I had stopped for fuel and noticed what looked like a wet spot on the tire where the tread and side wall meet.The tire was unzipping and I could see the steel belts.I was luck...

RCMAN46 by Explorer
  • 28 replies
  • 0 likes

grease on TT brakes. what will happen?

I pulled my TT brake durms to inspect and repack the bearings. I was surprised to find a small amount of grease on the outside of the seal. Fortutaly there was no grease on the drum or business side of the shoes. With only 5,000 miles I did not expec...

Damaged bearing w/pic

Repacked yesterday and had to change this one out. It was the inner bearing. Castle nut seemed too loose. Would that cause this or overloaded? It was on the heavy side (slideout). The other wheel on that side was starting to do this too but not ...