cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

So what are your plans for 2017?

Roy_Lynne
Explorer
Explorer
I've been planning a trip for the last two years and health and grandkids and life just got in the way. Cross our fingers, it looks like we are a go for Feb 2017 and if all goes well, we will leave Washington and keep driving south until we hit some warm and then hug the warm until warm turns to hot and then and only then head home. Hope to see as many State and National Parks as time will allow.

What are your plans for next year? Anything special?
62 REPLIES 62

912ksufan
Explorer
Explorer
Major trip this year will be to attend son's graduation in Boston at MIT. After graduation do a loop up to maine across vermont and new hampshire over to niagara falls. Then finish up in Washington DC.

wannavolunteerF
Explorer
Explorer
planning a beach trip with DD and DGD's (4 and 6 mo) for July.. Weekend trips have had a kink thrown in them as my work schedule is changing, but I will still get some in. Just not sure how far I will be able to go.

Considering trading TT for fulltime Class A during the year sometime. Thinking it will be easier to trade and then sell house, than be frantically looking for MH and closing on house, moving etc.
2015 FR Georgetown 378TS

JiminDenver
Explorer
Explorer
Well I went full time 1/1 and had planned on doing the follow the 70's thing by heading south until it warmed up in the Colorado Rockies. Spend some time up there, then head east stopping in Michigan to see family before going on and eventually south again.

On the way down to the Q I stopped in a full hook up park to de-winterize and ended up accepting a work camping gig for the owner that wants to travel. It looks like I'll be heading to San Antonio, NM next week. So much for retirement.
2011 GulfStream Amerilite 25BH
2003 Ford Expedition with 435w tilting portable/ TS-MPPT-45
750w solar , TS-MPPT-60 on the trailer
675 Ah bank, Trip-lite 1250fc inverter
Sportsman 2200w inverter generator

robotworks
Explorer
Explorer
Still working so only long weekends at the beach in the trailer. 10 days at Zion and Grand Canyon in June but not camping. Camping at the Celtic Games at Alameda County Fairgrounds over Labor Day (It's a hoot!!) Planning a camping week up on the Oregon Coast this fall to look at retirement places.

sele
Explorer
Explorer
the wife is still working so its some long weekends. We have found a couple of new spots to go within a 5 hour radius of home. We are either going remodel the kitchen or take a long trip in the fall.
scott

NorthTrail23
Explorer
Explorer
Three week trip planned so far. First stop is Agawa Bay, part ofLake Superior Provincial Park - incredible spot. Then north and east to Ivanhoe Lake PP; literally in the middle of nowhere. Next to Kettle Lakes PP - see Timmins and vist Cochrane and the Polar Bear Sanctuary. Then head south to Marten River PP near North Bay and ending up at Killbear PP on the shores of Georgian Bay. Ive lived all my life in this huge province and have never been to half these places....cant wait!!!
Terry, Sindee and Ranger
Ontario, CAN
2014 Heartland North Trail 23rbs
2016 Ram Big Horn

uncledon
Explorer
Explorer
So the wife has been retired for a few years now, and last January I finally pulled the plug on work and retired too. I wanted to stay put here in MI for the first year to "get the feel" of retired life. We are now in the long term planning stages for next winter which will NOT find us in MI if all things remain the same.

We have a few camping trips already set up for here, and then plan on departing sometime in late November for someplace warm. We will not set any specific agenda or destinations other than we do want to wander around this first winter season to see places we have never seen yet. We have decided we are going to keep our current fiver even though we have been looking at many, many floor plans for our next rig.

We have to determine what we are going to do concerning our S&B. We are not planning on selling yet, so we have to figure out that end of it. Maybe a house sitter for the winter?? Our daughter lives right behind us in a rural setting and could keep an eye on things for us too if the house sitter thing doesn't pan out. We'll see.

I have been digesting as much as I can about extended living in an RV from this and a couple other forums. We are not new to RVing, but have not been gone from our home for more than a few weeks at a time. I know there will be some things that we will have to learn about living on the road for months on end.

Thanks in advance to those who might choose to offer some advice!
2002 Silverado 3500 DRW CC 6.6L Turbo diesel
2009 Heartland Bighorn 3055RL
2002 Bass Tracker Pro 175 XT w/ 90/65 Merc Jet

NYCgrrl
Explorer
Explorer
Changed plans for Independence Day. Visiting Boston is out and the Adirondacks are in. Camping at 2 different water access only NY state sites over 11 days.

DeanRIowa
Explorer
Explorer
  • Spring: We are doing Branson, MO for kid's spring break in April.
  • Summer: Planned Southwest Grand Circle, now wife and kids might be in Mexico all summer ๐Ÿ˜ž
  • Fall: Minneapolis, MN campground.
  • Rest of time filled in with parks around Iowa.

Dean
2015 Summerland 2820 BHGS
2016 Silverado
DW Esmeralda, DS Mathew, DD Natalie

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
ulvik wrote:
July, August and September touring the upper East Coast from Blue Ridge Parkway to upper Maine. Little nervous due to all the horror stories I have heard.

Such as?
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

ORbiker
Explorer
Explorer
That sounds like some good plans.
Yellowstone is so beautiful and to be there and get paid will be the perfect plan. My wife and I are a few years from going full time, but want to do the workamp thing.
What are you going to be doing in the park?

I was a Crater Lake Ski Patroller for 12 years or so. The rangers that have been there a while know the secret, cool places to go. Talk to the seasoned backcountry rangers.

Ride safe, KEN

Glacier NP July 2015
Backpacker and tent camper all my life. Motorcycle trips with a tent too 1978 to Present. 2016 Grand Design 380TH as of 10-29-2015. Now a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude as of 3-16-19. 10-19-18-traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie Crew Cab 4x4 Long Box.

Rovin__Bones
Explorer
Explorer
April 15th starting out to Yellowstone National Park. Evening of the 15th and morning of the 16th at Pipestone National Monument in Western MN for photo ops.
Next two days spent at Kadoka, SD and in the Badlands National Park for photo ops
The next 3 days in Custer State Park for photo ops.
Then 2 days at Little Bighorn National Battlefield.
Arrive Yellowstone National Park April 26th-27th to start a 5 month workamping job at Mammoth Hot Springs beginning May 1st (approximately 40-42 days off work for photo ops in YNP and Grand Tetons over the period of 167 days). Fall is as yet not fully planned out but hope to do Amazon in Haslet, Texas and be near my younger brother and go for a few motorcycle rides. Jan-Feb 2018 Quartzsite Arizona, loafing and hopefully selling some prints from the aforementioned photo ops.
1983 24' Midas Freeport. Chevy 350 mated to a TH400 transmission on a GM G30 chassis and a spiffy Onan 4kw genset.

!*NEW Blog page*!
Rovin' Bones

Blatz
Explorer
Explorer
We haven't even taken possession of our TT yet (End of March) and I already booked us into 2 Wisconsin State Parks. One along Lake Michigan, another in New Glarus for Octoberfest. Also in Minnesota on the edge of the Boundary Waters. They're will be more.

Searching_Ut
Explorer
Explorer
My plan is to turn memorial day weekend into never ending, retiring at the end of May. We've averaged 7k miles a year with our assorted RV's over the last 10 years, but now plan to start staying in each area longer and exploring more in depth with trips ranging from 2 weeks to 2 months. We've also booked a trip where someone else drives, cooks, cleans etc. as we tour the Pacific Islands on a 900 plus foot ocean going RV.
2015 Ram 3500 Laramie CTD, 4X4, AISIN, B&W Companion Puck Mount
2016 Heartland Bighorn 3270RS, 1kw solar with Trimetric and dual SC2030, 600 watt and 2k inverters.

ventrman
Explorer
Explorer
Right now we are in our Winter RV Park in Mission TX.
God Bless!