cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

solar eclipse

old_guy
Explorer
Explorer
on August 21 there will be an eclipse of the sun. it will cover a lot of the USA starting in the Pacific Northwest and ending up on the south east coast. i caution you about looking at the sun during the eclipse. I suggest buying welder's glass to look through. that may be the cheapest thing, unless someone else has a better idea.
17 REPLIES 17

boomersooner198
Explorer
Explorer
We will be at Unicoi State Park just north of Helen Georgia. Made reservations 11 months in advance and was able to get one of the 6 full hook up sites.
Bob and Brenda
Army Retired / Army Veteran
Sooner, Sumay, and Tex (German Shepherd, Walker Treeing Coon Hound, Mutt)
2011 Coachmen Catalina 24RBS towed by 2016 Ford F150 Crew Cab

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
For those who will be on the Oregon coast, we'll be at Honeyman, SP but watching from a friends house in Bayshore. I wanted McKinney Marina and RV (Waldport) or Winchester Bay RV Resort but guess who wanted to stay at HoneyMan.

So if you see a Adventurer with a decal that reads, "Not All Who Wander Are Lost" on the rear cap, stop and say hello and maybe we can have a beer or coffee and a good time chatting. David
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

BizmarksMom
Explorer
Explorer
I'll be at a friend's place in Stanley, ID. I'll be able to see the eclipse from my home in Eagle, but I take any and all excuses to get to Stanley.
2019 F350 towing a Nash 22H

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
Not going to get close enough to me. I do appreciate the post though.

We had one close to my area when I was a kid. We were in school at the time and the teacher would not let us check it out for more then a moment.

And people wonder why I hated school.

NYCgrrl
Explorer
Explorer
We'll be in Panama ( the country) so doesn't seem like it'll be more than a partial eclipse:(.

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
we will be in central oregon. Coast would be nice but I just don't trust the coastal weather. Seems like I bring morning fog to the oregon coast way to often!
2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!

HackerAce
Explorer
Explorer
You will find us in Winchester Bay at Sandy Cove County Park. We plan on watching the eclipse from our Sand Buggy on the dunes, plenty of room there!
John McKean

1999 National Tropical
1965 Shelby Cobra Factory Five MK III Kit
2015 Hyundai Genesis
2013 Polaris RZR 800 S

lanerd
Explorer II
Explorer II
rhagfo wrote:
Lucky enough to land a hosting spot at South Beach SP!

We will be at Pacific Shores.

Ron
Ron & Sandie
2013 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH Cummins ISL 400hp
Toad: 2011 GMC Terrain SLT2
Tow Bar: Sterling AT
Toad Brakes: Unified by U.S. Gear
TPMS: Pressure Pro
Member of: GS, FMCA, Allegro

RETIRED!! How sweet it is....

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
There was a near total eclipse a few years ago in May and we were at the GC, NP for a meeting. We were all given glasses and retangles of viewing film by the Assoc. for safe viewing. A young couple had their 6 to 8 year old kids there and the DOD(Dear Old Dad) took a cardboard box open on the top and made holes in one end. The shadow box worked great and they had selected the initial of the family name for an arrangement of holes. It was cool and got the kids interested. Folks can be so resourceful and entertaining with their kids. Using the shadow effect kept the kids backs to the sun.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
Lucky enough to land a hosting spot at South Beach SP!
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

Fizz
Explorer
Explorer
Don't come anywhere near me!
I guaranty you it will be cloudy and most likely raining.
You would not believe my track record with all astronomical events.

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
A set of binoculars on a tripod and a white paper plate works well too, project the image of the Sun onto the plate and you might see any large sunspots, and of course, the moon disc as it creeps across.

It should be obvious, but I'll say it anyway, don't look through the binos to aim them, hold the plate behind the eyepiece and aim that way.
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed

westend
Explorer
Explorer
Eclipse website with path and directions The website has individual State information.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

Acampingwewillg
Explorer II
Explorer II
Will be in Island Park Idaho driving to Rexburg the day of Eclipse. Made reservations months ago....Thanks for the reminder to get protective lenses.
96 Vogue Prima Vista
The Kid's: Humphrie, the Mini Schnauzer and Georgie,wire haired dachshund.
Rainbow Bridge: Laddie,Scoutie,Katie,Cooper,Kodie,Rubie,Maggie, Cassie, Mollie, Elvis, Potter and Rosie Love You! (40+ years in all)