cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Thoughtless people

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sorry, have to rant about this one. We are not frequent Wally campers but on occasion for a simple overnight, & needing to get supplies while we are at it, Walmart does the trick.

Last night was such a night. As is the usual courtesy we checked with one of the managers & parked where requested. A huge area far from the store. Did the usual park across the bays. We were there for a couple of hours when in rolls a class A & parks right next to us. No need to do so as there is still loads of room in the area. OK, fine it is Walmart. Maybe he is insecure & wants to be near somebody else.

The problems start when this thoughtless dude decides to run his generator. My windows are open for the fresh air. Guess where the diesel fumes are going!!! I go a knocking on his door looking for a little thought & consideration. Dude comes outside, stands between our units & claims he does not smell a thing. Suggests that I move!!!! A few lanes away there are 5 other class As, all running their gennys. I suggest that he move over with them & enjoy the mutual noise & fumes together.

As a boater I also advise him of the common boating protocol of later arrivals to an anchorage comply & do not disturb what previous arrivals are doing i.e. if nobody is running a generator, you don't run yours, especially for hours on end.

Will give him credit, he did shut it down after awhile. Also, he did not leave at the crack of dawn although we got the 10 minute diesel warm up, right next to our door, before he left.

Here endeth the rant.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995
48 REPLIES 48

jplante4
Explorer II
Explorer II
New Rule: When moderating a thread makes you late for work, it's time to close it down. ๐Ÿ™‚

CLOSED
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

suprz
Explorer
Explorer
While traveling to our destination, we will overnight in a rest area, and just sleep. last year pulled into one, and 5 mins later in comes a 45 ft class A pulling an Jeep. He put out all 4 slides, turned on his generator, up went the satellite dish on his roof, and out came his steps... I just moved to the other side of the lot, because you can't fix stupid or ignorant, and there is nothing common about common sense these days
Proud father of a US Marine

Chainwright
Explorer
Explorer
Expyinflight wrote:
Welcome to Walmart. ๐Ÿ™‚

It's a free place to park, and yet you are complaining. Yep....other people will sometimes be rude and inconsiderate. Very common today, and it seems to be getting worse. You have wheels. Start the engine, and move away from thoughtless people.

LOL. do you feel the same about the "stand your ground" Law?

Walaby
Explorer II
Explorer II
westernrvparkowner wrote:
Suggestions of calling in a false emergency and vandalizing the "offenders" RV by shoving foreign objects deep into the exhaust system and otherwise defacing their rvs with rotten cheese and the like. Sure am glad I own and stay at RV parks, that way I don't have to deal with the obvious bottom of the barrel crowd that stays at Walmarts and the like. My guests are much more civilized.

Totally agree.

Mike
Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

DiskDoctr
Explorer
Explorer
He could've been greeted like this in the am:

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
westernrvparkowner wrote:
Suggestions of calling in a false emergency and vandalizing the "offenders" RV by shoving foreign objects deep into the exhaust system and otherwise defacing their rvs with rotten cheese and the like. Sure am glad I own and stay at RV parks, that way I don't have to deal with the obvious bottom of the barrel crowd that stays at Walmarts and the like. My guests are much more civilized.

I sure wish there was a "like" button!

westernrvparkow
Explorer
Explorer

tdiller
Explorer
Explorer
kerrlakeRoo wrote:
The Deli section of most Wal-marts sell Limburger cheese. One or two slices laid over his tailpipe will remind him of the stay there for close to two weeks.

I don;t think walmart deli sells limnurger. In fact the deli at walmart has given up on most of the specialty stuff (head cheese, limburger, and so on) that were once staples of a deli. They carry only what sells now. Turkey, beef, ham, salami, and cheeses like swiss, cheddar and american.

You have to find a specialty deli for that other good stuff.

1968mooney
Explorer
Explorer
Anybody ever consider maybe the thoughtless RV'er went in to ask permission and Manager told them to park next too the other RV already there? Maybe they were doing what they were instructed too do. :S

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
Simply move 50 feet or so, no more stink and a lot less noise. Kick your tire and mumble to self. Go back to sleep.

SidecarFlip
Explorer III
Explorer III
Deb and Ed M wrote:
The thing I've learned from this thread: if forced to spend a night somewhere other than an RV park (my preferred choice) - situate myself so I am the upwind vehicle. I don't like exhaust fumes from anything. A little advance planning might save me a move later on.

Or to put it another way, let the stink you make, be your own. No one wants to smell the stink of someone else....:p
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer II
Explorer II
The thing I've learned from this thread: if forced to spend a night somewhere other than an RV park (my preferred choice) - situate myself so I am the upwind vehicle. I don't like exhaust fumes from anything. A little advance planning might save me a move later on.
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!

SidecarFlip
Explorer III
Explorer III
Exactly. Same here which is why I prefer to be non-confrontational, but then I've never 'camped' in a WM parking lot either.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
azdryheat wrote:
Too funny thinking there's camping rules at a Walmart.

I believe it is called Common Sense!
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"