Explorer
...at random.

...without explanation.

Bad practice.
63 REPLIES 63

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Most of the moderators are good but some are VERY thin skinned!
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
K3WE wrote:
Old-Biscuit wrote:
...Some Mod's do post warnings, some post 'Closed', some just whack/poof/gone...

Indeed.

The mod who posts a little note with the closure- totally appropriate.

The secrecy and randomness?

That's weasely.

You must be referring to the fifth wheel section, no idea who the mod is over there now. Your post may stay for days, and then poof it is gone along with others, and it does not take much. Be kind of nice to at least know who the mod is so you can ask in a pm why something was deleted or closed.

rockportrocket
Explorer
Explorer
In order to appreciate this forum, you MUST, REPEAT MUST, have at least 10 posts, completely evaporated. Shoot that's the fun of this thing anyway.

Highway_4x4
Explorer
Explorer
Just look at the name of this forum, it's RV. Not guns, politics, or any other hot button subject. there are others for that. If you think you write something that might get zapped, it probably will. I have learned that one myself. I like this civil, calm and informed group of people with the vast knowledge of RV here. Lets keep it that way.
2014 Ram Cummins Laramie, Crew cab, 4x4, Loaded, Snugtop camper
2014 OutdoorsRV Wind River 250RDSW
Big spoiled Bernese Mountain Dog

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
I've been on many different forums before and I have owned several myself. I have been on both ends of the spectrum as a poster and a moderator.

But, I do agree that there should be some explanation either in the posting as for the closure or if it's deleted that the OP, should be at least given a reason in a private message. Just good manners to me. Now if a poster becomes a problem, then by all means zap them.
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

Justus4
Explorer
Explorer

GMT830
Explorer
Explorer
D & M wrote:
GMT830 wrote:
Haven't been here long enough to get in any major trouble, but I've been involved in a couple beauties on other sites. Good times, good times.

It's a skill, like any thing else. I am sure you will get the hang of it. You just need to apply yourself to the task. ๐Ÿ™‚

I have the skills, just need to build my posse first....
Lena - 02 Yukon XL Denali
TT - Wilderness 29L

D___M
Explorer
Explorer
GMT830 wrote:
Haven't been here long enough to get in any major trouble, but I've been involved in a couple beauties on other sites. Good times, good times.

It's a skill, like any thing else. I am sure you will get the hang of it. You just need to apply yourself to the task. ๐Ÿ™‚
Dave
Mary, the world's best wife (1951-2009) R.I.P
Lizzy (a Boston)
Izzy, Pepper & BuddyP - Gone but not forgotten
2005 Itasca Suncruiser 35A

My computer beat me at chess once; but it was no match for me at kickboxing.

Francesca_Knowl
Explorer
Explorer
Bigdog wrote:
And we are gonna see you at the next RV.net spring rally in Toppeninish next May,right.

Read this quick before it gets deleted for being "off topic": :B

Any reason to visit Toppenish is good enough for me! All I have to do is actually REMEMBER a whole year from now...
" Not every mind that wanders is lost. " With apologies to J.R.R. Tolkien

GMT830
Explorer
Explorer
I had a thread deleted when I posted an item for sale. I received a PM explaining why it was deleted. I don't necessarily agree with the for sale policy (it was a hitch shank, under $100), but rules are rules.

Lena - 02 Yukon XL Denali
TT - Wilderness 29L

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
Bumpyroad wrote:
I have asked the moderator in a PM why some of my posts have been deleted, (not the ones that are obvious) and it usually was because I quoted a post that he/she deleted.
bumpy

Yup, when the bad guy gets deleted. If you have quoted him and replied by the nature of the beast your post goes to. A mod was nice enough to explain that to me also.

And flame suit in place.....I think the mods on this entire forum do a great job. This forum at any given time has about 7,000 people reading it for enjoyment or to learn something that never participate, and they most likely don't want to read about the few us goin at each other! :B

I have NO problem with 'any' of the closures and/or deleted posts.
Come on, be honest, the ones that go really do need to go poof!

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
Vulcaneer wrote:

But it was memorable,for those few of us that did get to see it.

How about you? Got a favorite?

I'm still hung up on Deb shaving her legs.
bumpy ๐Ÿ™‚

Vulcaneer
Explorer
Explorer
I remember one famous closure. The thread was about a guy that was asked to move his truck and TT from a donut shop parking lot. And stated that he was really incensed that the Donut shop manager 'hit' on the guys wife.

Another poster mentioned something about the guys donut eating wife. Some posts just have a way generate a distinct visual.

That post didn't last long before the entire thread got poofed. No explanation. Nothing. Just gone. And no reason needed.

But it was memorable,for those few of us that did get to see it.

How about you? Got a favorite?
'12 F350 SB, CC, SRW, 6.7 PSD, 3.55 RAR, 6 spd auto
2015 DRV 38RSS 'Traditions'
Pullrite Super Glide 18K

Retirement = It's all poops and giggles....UNTIL someone Giggles and Poops.

K3WE
Explorer
Explorer
Old-Biscuit wrote:
...Some Mod's do post warnings, some post 'Closed', some just whack/poof/gone...

Indeed.

The mod who posts a little note with the closure- totally appropriate.

The secrecy and randomness?

That's weasely.

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
I have asked the moderator in a PM why some of my posts have been deleted, (not the ones that are obvious) and it usually was because I quoted a post that he/she deleted.
bumpy