Explorer
...at random.

...without explanation.

Bad practice.
63 REPLIES 63

JJBIRISH
Explorer
Explorer
Actually there is no way for any of us to know how much nonsense had to be edited or deleted or why before closure or a deletion of a post or the entire thread happensโ€ฆ

They do a good job here and it has nothing to do with if we agree with how they do itโ€ฆ
Love my mass produced, entry level, built by Lazy American Workers, Hornet

Turtle_n_Peeps
Explorer
Explorer
SolidAxleDurango wrote:
Francesca Knowles wrote:
Turtle n Peeps wrote:

I'm sure you do not agree with people on this board and you will do your very best to have their posts deleted and censored. :R

:h

It wouldn't cross my mind to "report" even the most personal of attacks- the above being a good example.

A little less time on your High Horse could be in order....

I find it basically expected that you feel Turtle-n-peeps was an insult against you. It most certainly was not.

LOL, wow, if you thought the above was a personal attack I must be losing my touch. LOL ๐Ÿ™‚ I'll try better next time. :B

I'm going to ride my high horse back over to the dumping water thread. That one is more fun anyway. :W
~ Too many freaks & not enough circuses ~

"Life is not tried ~ it is merely survived ~ if you're standing
outside the fire"

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."- Abraham Lincoln

pitch
Explorer II
Explorer II
If the thread is not closed you can always enjoy these moderators editing the meat out of our posts.
Just try injecting a little sarcastic humor.
EX: Fire up a Dooobie. That disappeared in about ten minutes
yet folks can call names because you drive a different truck, or you like campfires and dogs, and kids or not
Some of these moderators must live in a bubble way off in the land of never existed.
This is without a doubt the most heavily moderated forum I have ever taken part in. There is no rhyme or reason, just someones totally arbitrary decision.

ol_Bombero-JC
Explorer
Explorer
Unfortunately the Mods may choose to close a thread that doesn't deserve closing - due to their perception that it's gone "off track".

There *ARE* other forums with more tolerant policies - where beneficial threads continue to run despite "jumping the tracks" every now and then.

The subject usually gets sorted out and back on topic without heavy handedness.
OR - just dies a natural death.

Escapees is an example.

Bet that will rate a deletion, LOL!

~

Gau_8
Explorer
Explorer
The list of Mods I have run afoul of on the Interweb is long and distinguished!

Highway_4x4
Explorer
Explorer
Yep K3WE, you're a funny guy. I get it. The thing I learned about Email is that the person reading it can't see your smile and a wink when they wrote it. Some posts that are deleted are probably written with a dry humor or a wink that no one sees.
2014 Ram Cummins Laramie, Crew cab, 4x4, Loaded, Snugtop camper
2014 OutdoorsRV Wind River 250RDSW
Big spoiled Bernese Mountain Dog

SolidAxleDurang
Explorer
Explorer
Francesca Knowles wrote:
Turtle n Peeps wrote:

I'm sure you do not agree with people on this board and you will do your very best to have their posts deleted and censored. :R

It wouldn't cross my mind to "report" even the most personal of attacks- the above being a good example.

I find it basically expected that you feel Turtle-n-peeps was an insult against you. It most certainly was not.
TV = 15 Ram 3500 Dually 6.7 / CC-LB / CTD / Aisin / 3.42 / 4wd / EBrake
5er = 12 Keystone Avalanche 330RE
Toys = 08 Kawasaki Brutie Force 650i 4x4 ( x2 ๐Ÿ™‚ ) 14 Arctic Cat Wildcat 1000

Francesca_Knowl
Explorer
Explorer
Turtle n Peeps wrote:

" Not every mind that wanders is lost. " With apologies to J.R.R. Tolkien

K3WE
Explorer
Explorer
Highway 4x4 wrote:
Fun to watch and see who will push the thread over the edge, or how close, for how long it can go.

No, you are wrong. Your TV is only a 1/2 ton gasser and you camp at Wal Mart!

Artemus_Gordon
Explorer
Explorer
Marcus said he discouraged shutting down threads. I had former moderator "threaten me" and I forwarded it to Marcus's team. I miss Frank, he did a good job, warned you first!
2012 Montana 3750 Hickory Edition, 2013 Ford F450 Crew Cab 4x4 Platinum options

2012 3750 Montana

Generator Box

Turtle_n_Peeps
Explorer
Explorer
Francesca Knowles wrote:
Turtle n Peeps wrote:
I think if Thomas Jefferson were around today he would be appalled.

He certainly would- pretty embarrassing to have gone to all that trouble just so 200 plus years later his descendants have nothing better to do than complain about the running of a free forum! :S

Well, I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it. That is what a true free speech defender does. ๐Ÿ™‚ And that is what I have done in the past.

The professionals say people that think that way want to run other peoples lives because they have no control over their own.

outside the fire"

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."- Abraham Lincoln

Highway_4x4
Explorer
Explorer
Fun to watch and see who will push the thread over the edge, or how close, for how long it can go.
2014 Ram Cummins Laramie, Crew cab, 4x4, Loaded, Snugtop camper
2014 OutdoorsRV Wind River 250RDSW
Big spoiled Bernese Mountain Dog

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
The only strange thing I saw in my years here was a 'mod' that actually 'started a thread' and went ballistic for days with threats, innuendo's,etc., heck he crossed all the lines. I guess no one mods the mods. :R

I do NOT think mods need to explain every deleted, poof and/or closed threads.

I have yet to see one delete, poof, or closed thread that a third grader could not figure out why with out having to be told.

Come on, we all know 'why' when it happens....or even when it starts. :B

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

Francesca_Knowl
Explorer
Explorer
Turtle n Peeps wrote:

He certainly would- pretty embarrassing to have gone to all that trouble just so 200 plus years later his descendants have nothing better to do than complain about the running of a free forum! :S
" Not every mind that wanders is lost. " With apologies to J.R.R. Tolkien

Turtle_n_Peeps
Explorer
Explorer

outside the fire"