cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Warranty issues

prd2hnt
Explorer
Explorer
I am curious. I see lots of posts about quality issues and having to go back to the dealer for warranty issues, we are on our 3rd camper in 15 years and have never had any of them back to the dealer.

Are we just lucky?
Brian & Kathy
Max - 9 year old Springer
'18 Chaparral 30rls
'07 GMC Sierra Duramax 4x4 Extended cab, long box
B&W Companion Turnover Ball
'15 Bennington 21SLX
16 REPLIES 16

Toolguy5
Explorer II
Explorer II
We are on our 4th RV. The only one that never went back for warranty work was our very first.
2001.5 Fleetwood Mallard, 28 feet with one manual slide. the sofa slid out about 18 inches.

The one we have now we took delivery May 5th went in for service after second short trip June 18th and is still there.
Dan & Patty
Miss Pickles the Pomeranian Princess Rainbow Bridge 8/8/2023
2020 GMC 3500 Sierra Denali 6.6 Duramax / Allison tranny
2021 Jayco Eagle 319MLOK
BWRVK 3710 companion
Maddy the Pampered Pom @ Rainbow Bridge 12-3-2013

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
prd2hnt wrote:
I am curious. I see lots of posts about quality issues and having to go back to the dealer for warranty issues, we are on our 3rd camper in 15 years and have never had any of them back to the dealer.

Are we just lucky?

Don't buy a new one.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

mich800
Explorer
Explorer
prd2hnt wrote:

Are we just lucky?

Depends. So there was absolutely nothing to be fixed? Or did you just do the small repairs. Some people just don't want to or have the skills. I have not taken mine in for repairs but did my share of fixes that very well should have been corrected under warranty.

travelnutz
Explorer II
Explorer II
Why have multiples of RV's? No one type of RV does all we want it to do or meets our needs, desires, and wants just like no one vehicle or foods or clothing items etc is the best for all needs or uses. Simple as that!
A superb CC LB 4X4, GM HD Diesel, airbags, Rancho's, lots more
Lance Legend TC 11' 4", loaded including 3400 PP generator and my deluxe 2' X 7' rear porch
29 ft Carriage Carri-lite 5'er - a specially built gem
A like new '07 Sunline Solaris 26' TT

travelnutz
Explorer II
Explorer II
Our last 6 bought new or ordered RV's since 1989 have not had any warranty work done or needed and have never been back to the dealer for repairs needed and I'm a fussy person about things being right. Of course, we do not buy entry level or the cheaply built RV's either and we feel we have a right to expect decent quality and build. Our thinking has always been buy cheap/junk, get cheap/junk! The wise man object is also not to just be throwing money at any purchase unwisely and thinking it always buys perfection. Doing your homework in depth and know always before you sign on the dotted line!

NO, we do not feel lucky at all as that is what we expected and experienced! Yes, we do go over each new RV purchase with a fine tooth comb as we should before accepting delivery. The worst we had found in our inspections was a couple loose screws and one had a stripped screw which was replaced with a longer screw, shavings and sawdust not being cleaned up especially in the storage areas, and dirt on the floors or carpet that had to be cleaned up before accepting. Nothing big or defacing or not functioning or needing replacing. All were taken care of before taking possession and leaving the dealership.

Our dealers have been excellent but according to some on this forum all dealers and their employees are incompetent crooks and worthless. We sure haven't found that! We know that we are not perfect and admit it and cannot expect others and dealers/employees to be perfect either but do expect them to correct their mistakes or errors just like we require of ourselves also. The world is NOT perfect and the final results are up to you!

Always bought new and were/are Allegro, Lance, and Carriage RV's and have always had 2-4 RV's owned and being used at anytime during that time frame period. Still have the bought new 1993 Carriage Carri-Lite 5th wheel and the 1997 Lance truck camper and neither has ever been back to the dealer yet nor need to. Proper and diligent maintenance as always is so important.
A superb CC LB 4X4, GM HD Diesel, airbags, Rancho's, lots more
Lance Legend TC 11' 4", loaded including 3400 PP generator and my deluxe 2' X 7' rear porch
29 ft Carriage Carri-lite 5'er - a specially built gem
A like new '07 Sunline Solaris 26' TT

Hondavalk
Explorer II
Explorer II
prd2hnt wrote:

Are we just lucky?

OMG. you just jinxed yourself. :S

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
Did you buy RVs with your lottery winnings?

Jim2007
Explorer
Explorer
Wow.. you are lucky... do you spend much time on the road towing? The bouncing causes break downs for me .... less road time and more parked time less break down..jim2007.
TV: 2016 Dodge 2500 Diesel
Rig: 2013 Heartland, Sundance, 5th wheel

troubledwaters
Explorer III
Explorer III
I had a warranty repair, it had a scratched and dented body panel when delivered. Not a bid deal, I would have taken a few hundred dollars off but they insisted on fixing it. I took delivery and took it back when I was done camping for the summer. Due to a series of unfortunate circumstances, hey had it 3 months before it was fixed. The biggest issue is not the fix, but how long the fix takes. If they would have just given me a few hundred off I wouldn't have painted the dent and scratch panel and been done with it. Glad I didn't take it back mid-season, I would have been one pissed off customer.

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
Our first forest river was 11 years old when we traded it and it never went back to the dealer. The second one went 7 years without warranty work before trading. One alarm was sent to me and I installed it and a local mobile Tec did the fridge recall. I did put quite sheer bolt in the slide once.

sgip2000
Explorer
Explorer
Mine has been at the dealer for minor problems for a month now. Keystone keeps sending the wrong parts.

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
Probably not so much lucky as part of the majority. Rarely do people post about having no issues, so the problems are consequently not really representative of the overall percentage of troubles. Most people don't post because they don't have issues to post about.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Lucky or, oblivious. :B

Sandia_Man
Explorer II
Explorer II
We've been fortunate ourselves with our last 2 rigs in that we never had to bring them back to the dealer for any repairs whether in warranty or beyond. We did have some minor issues with interior trim where the dealer just gave us the parts we needed to fix it ourselves.

We do all our own upkeep and maintenance as well, on our current 11 year old TT all systems and appliances are still working fine with the exception of our convection microwave that we had to replace after 8 years. It helps to be handy, we done lots of mods to improve our RVing experience.