cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Washer Dryer Combos

Loving_God_s_Co
Explorer
Explorer
I accidentally posted this in just the Class A section but thought it needed to go here instead:

I would love opinions on the washer dryer combos that you all have. The pros and cons etc. We're going to be purchasing one and would like some reviews before we do. Thanks!!
God Bless and Happy Traveling!!! ๐Ÿ™‚
20 REPLIES 20

Nolan
Explorer
Explorer
Don't have a MH but a 5th wheel trailer. Have a vented Kenmore stackable washer/dryer. Love it!!!

jnharley
Explorer
Explorer
Nope, the urine in the dryers is true. I caught it just before I tossed my clothes in. This occurred at the military campground in Monks Corner , SC and they have condos and it is a big weekend party place with many seeming to overindulge in the libation. And I do not even own 2 weeks worth of clothing. And we must be unlucky because most of the laundries we have come into contact were filthy with bad water and no attendant.
2015 Dodge Dually
2012 NuWa Discover America 355CK

pennysmom09
Explorer
Explorer
2gypsies wrote:
GramaofAAAA wrote:
I wash a load every other day to keep up. When I wash I hang up a lot on hooks that attach to the top of the doors so I don't "heat up" the RV. Shirts and pants. Then I hang up smaller items and towels and sheets on a fold up rack overnight in the living area when we go off to bed.

Everyone is different, for sure...and that's o.k.

This is absolutely too much fussing to do laundry.

During our 16 years of full-timing we'd go into town to do errands, groceries, etc. and also get our 2 weeks of laundry done in 1-1/2 hours. Then we didn't have to think about laundry for 2 weeks. We never had an issue with laundramats. That's all heresay. ๐Ÿ™‚ They have nice front loaders and the dryers are fast.

It also limits on the kind of parks you go. We like public parks - no sewer and many
times, no electric or water hookups.

That IS too much work for laundry. I think I will stay with getting it done in a laundromat, and be done with it. Never had a problem finding clean ones, even they have reviews online.
Nancy and Doug
2015 KZ Durango 325RL FW

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
jnharley wrote:
I dislike the dirty laundromats that we always seem to find even in campgrounds including the military campground where someone urinated in the dryers.

C'mon now...no pictures...it didn't happen. ๐Ÿ™‚ That story has been going around for years.

We don't do campground laundries...they ARE dirty... folks even toss dirty things in just to dry them and sandy beach towels.

I'm talking about local laundries where there are workers in there monitoring the place and cleaning. We've never been in a dirty laundry.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

RognBon
Explorer
Explorer
We just removed the combo washer/dryer from our Dynasty because we used it twice in the ten years we have owned the rv. We are never on the road for more than two weeks at a time and just carry enough clothing to make it through the trip. Other than the two times we used the combo unit, we have never had to do laundry while on the road. We are now making much better use of the space left empty by the washer/dryer. If we were full time, I'm sure our needs would be different. For us, it made no sense to lug around 150 pounds of extra weight.
RognBon
1997 Monaco Dynasty 40'
Cummins 8.3 325 HP
2008 Ford Edge Toad

jnharley
Explorer
Explorer
We have used our stackables without hookups using both the water pump and the generator. We generally "exercise" our generator by using the dryer. Now granted, we can only do a couple of loads and still have enough tank capacity for other things for a couple of days. I dislike the dirty laundromats that we always seem to find even in campgrounds including the military campground where someone urinated in the dryers. Yes, you could see and smell the urine and would you want to dry your clothes in those machines even after clean up? At least with my own machines, I know what has been washed. And we can do laundry when we want to, usually first thing in the morning or in the evening when we are sitting around in our pjs.
2015 Dodge Dually
2012 NuWa Discover America 355CK

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
GramaofAAAA wrote:
I wash a load every other day to keep up. When I wash I hang up a lot on hooks that attach to the top of the doors so I don't "heat up" the RV. Shirts and pants. Then I hang up smaller items and towels and sheets on a fold up rack overnight in the living area when we go off to bed.

Everyone is different, for sure...and that's o.k.

This is absolutely too much fussing to do laundry.

During our 16 years of full-timing we'd go into town to do errands, groceries, etc. and also get our 2 weeks of laundry done in 1-1/2 hours. Then we didn't have to think about laundry for 2 weeks. We never had an issue with laundramats. That's all heresay. ๐Ÿ™‚ They have nice front loaders and the dryers are fast.

It also limits on the kind of parks you go. We like public parks - no sewer and many times, no electric or water hookups.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

GoPackGo
Explorer
Explorer
I full time and have the Splendide twins and would not be doing this without them. Makes life EASY. I had them installed as a factory option.

With all due respect to the poster above, almost everyone recommends getting the vented dryer model (including me). Note the dryer is 110v so drying takes longer (but who cares ???). Having these babies on board makes doing laundry a non-event.

* There are several prior discussions about your exact question - just do a search.

GramaofAAAA
Explorer
Explorer
We had the Splendid combo installed in our 5th wheel before we left the lot! I love it, but it changes the way I do laundry. We went for the non-vented combo. I feel like it's a much better washer than dryer. I wash a load every other day to keep up. When I wash I hang up a lot on hooks that attach to the top of the doors so I don't "heat up" the RV. Shirts and pants. Then I hang up smaller items and towels and sheets on a fold up rack overnight in the living area when we go off to bed. It washes our Queen size sheets just fine. I do use the dryer if I need to, just remember to make it a smaller load! I would not have a home without W/D.

ramgunner
Explorer
Explorer
Loving God's Country! wrote:
Splendide is the only one mentioned so far. Is this the best brand? What are others being used?

We are testing a pair from Pinnacle, and have been quite impressed. Separate washer and dryer units, and the 110VAC dryer doesn't do a bad job at all. Takes longer than a 220VAC unit, but it works well.

The link I posted earlier has everything that we know of that's sized/designed for RV use. If anyone knows of something we missed, let me know.
Editor - http://www.RamGunner.com / http://www.MomentumGunner.com
2014 Ram 3500 Tradesman/CTD/AISIN/4.10/4WD/CC/LB/DRW/VHF/UHF/APRS/CB/SCANNER
Grand Design Momentum 385TH (Polaris RZR800/VHF/UHF/HF)

Acampingwewillg
Explorer II
Explorer II
Started out with a Combo in the MH when purchased in 2002, took it out. Year's later, after retirement, I had been looking to put a combo back in. We have had our's in for about two year's now and Wife uses it everyday while at FHU CG's. Now, here's a secret I tell everyone, if you can live with scratch and dent, call the Oregon distributor and see what they have. We had called and been put on a list....long story short, saved about 5-600.00 and the small dent cannot be scene once installed. Love the Combo! (I'm sure the stacked are better but some of us don't have the room).
96 Vogue Prima Vista
The Kid's: Humphrie, the Mini Schnauzer and Georgie,wire haired dachshund.
Rainbow Bridge: Laddie,Scoutie,Katie,Cooper,Kodie,Rubie,Maggie, Cassie, Mollie, Elvis, Potter and Rosie Love You! (40+ years in all)

Loving_God_s_Co
Explorer
Explorer
Splendide is the only one mentioned so far. Is this the best brand? What are others being used?

Mandalay_Parr
Explorer
Explorer
I love my Combo unit. Use it all the time.
Jerry Parr
Full-time
2005 Mandalay 40B
Cat C7 350, 4 Slides
Blue Ox, Brake Buddy
2004 CR-V Toad
jrparr@att.net
602-321-8141
K7OU - Amateur Radio
Kenwood Radios
ARRL, W5YI, & LARC VE
SKYWARN Weather Spotter

Loving_God_s_Co
Explorer
Explorer
We just down sized from a 38' FW that had a stacked washer and dryer and now are thinking about trying to fit a combo unit in our 30' FW. I would love to have the stacked but space won't allow it. ๐Ÿ˜ž