Cdaddy
Explorer
Explorer
What do you store in you RV. If not planning on using it for a month or 2
46 REPLIES 46

lawnspecialties
Explorer
Explorer
Its nice to leave as much stuff in there as we can. Last winter, we had a bad ice storm and sure enough, the power went out all over the area due to ice covered tree limbs taking out power lines. It was so cold and all we had to do was walk out to the camper, fire up the generator, turn on the heat and pop in a DVD. ๐Ÿ™‚

We also leave food in fridge. Mostly condiments and things like salt, pepper, and sugar we put in the fridge just to keep the ants off.

tinner12002
Explorer
Explorer
Everything left in but all food is taken out.
2015 Ram 3500/DRW/Aisin/auto/Max tow/4.10s,Cummins, stock Laramie Limited--Silver
Tequila Sunrise 2012 Ultra Classic Limited
2018 Raptor 428SP

SCVJeff
Explorer
Explorer
When we come back from camping, the tanks are dumped, including remaining fresh which is refilled. Clothes are restocked along with anything else needed. On the way to storage, Diesel and LP (if needed) are topped off. When stored it is 100% ready to go sans cold food.
Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350

Sillybugs2
Explorer
Explorer
We leave everything but opened food, fridge stuff and clothes.
2016 Hideout 28BHSWE
2008 Dodge Ram 3500 SLT 6.7L diesel 6 speed auto SRW longbed

jplante4
Explorer II
Explorer II
Leaving paper products (TP, PT, etc) can be a problem if you get critters inside the rig. They will use the paper to make nests and the associated mess. Over the winter, I remove all organics.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
I store my TT in a shed on my farmsite. I leave everything in there except in the winter. Then I remove the canned food

JAC1982
Explorer
Explorer
Year round, kitchen stuff (dishes, pots, pans, utensils, ziploc bags, plastic containers, basically a fully stocked kitchen). Basic seasonings like salt and pepper, steak seasoning, and some sugar. Bathroom stuff like towels (washed), travel size shampoos, soaps, etc. Anything liquid either gets left in the sink or in a container that would prevent a mess if it were to leak. I've also got a pair of old tennis shoes and some hoodies, just in case. Then, the usual outside stuff... camp chairs (both the cheap fold up kind and zero gravity ones), folding table, outdoor rug. Let's see... we've got some DVDs in there, playing cards, a set of Cards Against Humanity, mosquito sticks, bug spray, sunscreen. Oh and some moving blankets and our camp stove stay in the garage area.

In the summer, when we use the camper, I also leave in sealed snack foods. Opened stuff goes in the house. We don't leave anything in the fridge.

Never had an issue with rodents, and the camper is parked outside next to the house, not plugged in. We did have a decent amount of spider webs this year.
2020 Keystone Montana High Country 294RL
2017 Ford F350 DRW King Ranch
2021 Ford F350 SRW Lariat Tremor

Strabo
Explorer
Explorer
the bear II wrote:
Our RV is always ready to go whether it's stored for a week or months. The only thing we add are clothes and food when we take off.

Since we live in earthquake country, Non-perishable foods stay in the RV as emergency supplies. We have always considered the RV as our survival shelter in case the need arises. The storage lot is within walking distance from our house.

X2 cept our rig is right outside
04' F350 PSD TB SC FX4 XLT, TH-04' 32' Sandpiper Sport Fifthwheel WB Dual Axle
07' Rhino 686 SS106-ITP-AFE-BRP-T4-CDI-KIBBLEBWHITE-CVT-TSTICH-Ridgid LED LightBar-HID Conversion Kit-LIVEWIRE
04' Honda 250 Sportstrac quad
05' Honda 400 Ranchers quad

JW_of_Opechee_S
Explorer
Explorer
We only take out food and prescription medicine, everything else stays ready to go. Need only a winter coat for emergency because we will move if its going to be cold.
Have Fiver will travel with little or no notice at all. I do need to stop at rest areas now and then:)

Horizon170
Explorer
Explorer
the bear II wrote:
Our RV is always ready to go whether it's stored for a week or months. The only thing we add are clothes and food when we take off.

Since we live in earthquake country, Non-perishable foods stay in the RV as emergency supplies. We have always considered the RV as our survival shelter in case the need arises. The storage lot is within walking distance from our house.

Amen, we only have to add a few clothes (keep some in all the time), food, Medicine (we old folks have plenty of that), and weapons. We keep the holding tanks empty, potable water full, keep bottled water in a cool spot. we keep the fuel tank full.
We keep linens, towels, etc in all the time as well as phone chargers, Ammo. Keep it plugged in regardless of how long it's parked. Refer stays cold and in winter the furnace keeps inside from freezing.
As soon a I figure out how to raise my Carport it will be shaded.
Marvin
Marvin

2010 Coachman Freelander 22TB on a
2008 Sprinter/Freightliner chassis
1995 Geo Tracker (Toad)

pennysmom09
Explorer
Explorer
Dishes, pots and pans and flatware, nothing else.
Nancy and Doug
2015 KZ Durango 325RL FW

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer II
Explorer II
We kept canned goods on hand, plus a couple jugs of store-bought drinking water. Had enough that if we HAD to, we could get by for a few days. Also kept cheap rain jackets; and thick polarfleece jackets to layer in case of cold weather. All we really needed to do to leave for a week was add clothes, dog food, perishable food; and check supplies like TP, shampoo, etc.
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!

nineoaks2004
Explorer
Explorer
I keep clothes (summer )or (winter) depends on the weather, linens, pots and pans,
cleaning supplies, etc. stable groceries and spices as per list. When we get home from a trip we wash the dirty items and re pack in the TT this way we are ready to go whenever we decide to take a trip.
By the time you learn the rules of life
You're to old to play the game

Bears_Den
Explorer
Explorer
After every trip, we bring home the bedding,towels and anything else that needs to be washed. Some clothes stay in the closets, after all the towels and bedding are washed we put it back in the trailer. All food comes out and the refrigerator is turned off. A day or two before heading out, the refrigerator is turned on and the food is put in the night before we leave.
2014 Kodiak 279 rbsl
2017 Ford F-150 King Ranch V8
Equalizer hitch
Ford integrated brake controller
2004 Travel Lite 23S Hybrid Travel Trailer ( previous trailer )
1998 Viking Popup ( previous trailer )

No substitute for experience

navegator
Explorer
Explorer
We have a complete set of dishes, kitchen utensils, light aluminum pans made by Tefal, acrilic gass ware, linens and winter and summer clothes, canned goods for about two weeks, we only add perishables along the way, we like to take off at a moments notice, over the years we have added a lot of convinient items, wine bottle ooppener, can oppener, small blender, toster oven small, we even have a four rack wine sellar in the cupboard, 19" color tv 120v/12v and a dvd/cd player, we normally go to places were there is no radio or tv reception.

We found out that taking out and bringing back to the C kitchen, linen, clothes, and food took up to much time and we always forgot sometning that had to purchased on the way, so we gathered all the items needed at home and then transfered them permanentlly to the C, saves time and agravation.

navegator