cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What type of laminate (hardwood look) flooring in RV

John___Angela
Explorer
Explorer
Hi folks. We have decided to replace the carpet in our little C. We put the carpet in when our little dog got old and needed better traction than the lino could afford. We are looking for a medium colour, floating type, something like the Pergo product. The area is small and there are no slides. What products are people using. What's working. I have had good luck with Pervo flooring in a residential/commercial application.

Opinions??? Pictures???

Thanks in advance.
2003 Revolution 40C Class A. Electric smart car as a Toad on a smart car trailer
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but rather by the moments that take our breath away.
11 REPLIES 11

WoodGlue
Explorer
Explorer
BeauFlor is a Newish, sturdy composite material which is scratch, scuff and stain proof. It's also withstands the rigors of cold weather (ie; no curling, warping and/or cracking)

It comes in many many different varieties. Wood flooring, plank floor, bamboo style, etc. All sorts of exotics with all the traditional choices!

Higher end RV's are starting to use BeauFlor almost exclusively!

WoodGlue
2002 Land Rover Discovery II
2014 Lance 1685 - Loaded - 4 Seasons - Solar - 2 AGM's
When Hell Freezes Over - I'll Camp There Too!
Lance Travel Trailer Info - Lance 1685 Travel Trailer - Lance 1575 Trailer

AO_hitech
Explorer
Explorer

CA_POPPY
Explorer
Explorer
With our Congoleum, the dealer told us to use nothing but water to clean it, except that Swiffer products were also okay. Most of the time, all it needs is a dust mop, though.
Judy & Bud (Judy usually the one talking here)
Darcy the Min Pin
2004 Pleasure-Way Excel TD
California poppies in the background

Atlee
Explorer II
Explorer II
Congoleum is what was used in my Koala. The sales brochue just says "no wax embossed vinyl flooring. But in all the manuals that come with the trailer, was a sheet on the "care & feeding" of the Congoleum floor.

I believe it's pretty nice looking. It's dark, to go with the lighter wood of the cabinets.

CA POPPY wrote:
I remembered that the Armstrong sheet vinyl was called CONGOLEUM. We did our bedroom a little more than a year ago so I'm sure they still have it. You have to do a web search to find which dealers carry it though. This stuff is fabulous. It's 3 dimensional and they have it that looks like ceramic tile, stone work, every kind of hardwood planking (but much easier sheet vinyl) in anything you could want. We almost bought a type that gives under your feet for a bit of cushioning, but decided that wouldn't do in the house with moving furniture, etc, so got the heavy duty stuff. We'd get the maple all over the S & B house if it didn't mean moving everything we own. :E
Erroll, Mary
2021 Coachmen Freedom Express 20SE
2014 F150 Supercab 4x4 w/ 8' box, Ecoboost & HD Pkg
Equal-i-zer Hitch

monkey44
Nomad II
Nomad II
Dupont makes a very nice laminate floor product - interlocks, and has the pad already glued to the floor, so saves one step, and is a fine product.

I've used it in numerous projects, including the kitchen/dining/den area in my home, and in my camper.

Follow directions carefully, and leave room around the edges for expansion, or it will buckle. Fairly easy to install if you're handy and have a few tools.

DO NOT GLUE IT!!!!
Monkey44
Cape Cod Ma & Central Fla
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845
Back-country camping fanatic

CA_POPPY
Explorer
Explorer
I remembered that the Armstrong sheet vinyl was called CONGOLEUM. We did our bedroom a little more than a year ago so I'm sure they still have it. You have to do a web search to find which dealers carry it though. This stuff is fabulous. It's 3 dimensional and they have it that looks like ceramic tile, stone work, every kind of hardwood planking (but much easier sheet vinyl) in anything you could want. We almost bought a type that gives under your feet for a bit of cushioning, but decided that wouldn't do in the house with moving furniture, etc, so got the heavy duty stuff. We'd get the maple all over the S & B house if it didn't mean moving everything we own. :E
Darcy the Min Pin

Ron3rd
Explorer II
Explorer II
WoodGlue wrote:
Try BeauFlor.

WoodGlue

That's what's in my new Forest River Windjammer trailer. Vinyl product that looks like wood. Seems to be OK so far. Allure is popular too.

BeauFlor
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

Klueck
Explorer
Explorer
We had Allure flooring installed. It's the new style allure that latches together like Pergo. Made from vinyl so it's waterproof.

Here

is a link to my blog with some pictures.

We put the old style Allure down in our older motorhome. This type had the glue strips. It turned out well. If you're interested in that, do a search on my blog (from above link) on Allure and you'll see the step by step process of us installing Allure the first time.

CA_POPPY
Explorer
Explorer
Does it have to be the floating type? We got Armstrong sheet laminate that looks just like maple hardwood in our bedroom. Everybody thinks it is actual hardwood. The flooring store had many different colors, types and grades. The kind we got has a protective layer to it so if you walk in with a pebble stuck in the sole of your shoe it will do no damage. Not cheap, but very practical. Also, the opening of lower drawers would not make a problem because it is not as thick as pergo.. The flooring store said they would install it in our RV if we ever decide to.
Darcy the Min Pin

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Some of the storage drawers in my rv prevent going to a thicker flooring material. Make sure there is enough clearance to open them post new flooring?
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

WoodGlue
Explorer
Explorer
Try BeauFlor.

WoodGlue
2002 Land Rover Discovery II
2014 Lance 1685 - Loaded - 4 Seasons - Solar - 2 AGM's
When Hell Freezes Over - I'll Camp There Too!
Lance Travel Trailer Info - Lance 1685 Travel Trailer - Lance 1575 Trailer