RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Frig maint

http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/28516430/srt/pa/pging/1/page/1.cfmThe above post deals with a fire in frig area.Anybody got directions on how to do maintain or how to clean?I clean out with air hose and clean contacts with eme...

path1 by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Water leak!!!!

Just ranting here;We got back from a several hundred mile trip, wonderful time, no problems at all. Three weeks later, I filled the fresh water tank for usage while camp hosting at the Elks--and there was this drip, drip, drip from the belly area und...

SMART CAR TOWING TRAILER INFO

We purchased a trailer for towing our Smart Car vs. all four wheels on the ground. This option puts no wear & tear on the Smart Car when traveling. It allows you to back up when needed, & cost just a little more than the Blue-Ox tow assembly, mods to...

dollies in 2015

with so many new light cars having the old DAF gearboxes, now called CVT they are not towable. (with auto tranny and keeping the battery connected.so we were considering getting a dolly when our 17 year old Honda dies.what do we need to know?legally ...

anon125 by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

REMOVING BROWN SPOTS FROM ROOF VENTS

We have a Coachmen Aurora Class A Motor Home and the vent caps get a brown, spotty build up on them during the summer. The unit sits out in the weather and I'm sure this is caused by the morning dew along with dirt. When I clean the roof every year...

Small washing machines?

I posed this question on the Class A site and it was suggested I try it here. We do not have room for a standard washing machine or even the smallish Splendide front loader...I wish! My wife has been looking at various portable machines like the Mr....

Mazda CX-9 towing capacity

Hi, I'm new to this forum. I have a 2012 Mazda CX-9 AWD. I am looking into buying an ultra light travel trailer weighing 2700 lbs. it's a Starcraft launch 17b. The dealer is saying that my car can pull 3500lbs, not including the weight of the loaded ...

Be prepared

Visiting my daughter this week and camping in a Corp park nearby. I get chest pains and end up in the nearby University hospital. I'm stuck here for I don't know how long. Possibly bypass surgery. My wife isn't physically capable of hooking up and...

LED bulbs

While changing my 1141 bulbs to LED bulbs, found the they do not work on one side of the motorhome in the two fixtures over the couch and dinette. The bulbs work on the other side of the motorhome. They appear to be the same fixtures.MH is a 2006 Fle...

Very Scary Situation. What Would You Do?

A few days ago, a very scary situation happened in Florida. An RV resort got flooded. People had to be evacuated in boats. The water was about 2 to 3 feet high. It made me stop and thing (and worry).Link to Story.What would you do in this situati...

KenMast by Explorer
  • 54 replies
  • 0 likes

Water damage...replace floor?

Our campground well pump quit, water was left on in kitchen sink over top of the sink cover. The water ran for six hours over the counter and floor. Insurance company has been called and we have a small deductible. We already pulled all he insulat...

sarey by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Black tank odor

The last several time we have camped, when we shower, we are getting a strong odor from the black tank. It seems to happen when the tank is about 1/2 full. I have tried various chemicals but they do not seem to help. The tanks are clean when we start...

Dtaylor by Explorer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

kia soul towing

anyone has towed a 2015 kia soul? Do you just put itin neutral and putkey on accessary? will battery run down with 6hours of towing?

Freshest diesel and gas vendors, no ethanol.

In the past, Iv always hauled BP ultimate gas spiked with seafoam with me since Iv had good luck running it in my motorcycles and honda gen. But this year I figured Id save some weight and buy some at my destination in buena vista colorado. Unfortu...

rerod by Explorer
  • 31 replies
  • 0 likes