cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Where do you hide your money?

LuckeyUs
Explorer
Explorer
Where is a good hiding place for money, passports, etc. in the RV?
107 REPLIES 107

Tom_Diane
Explorer
Explorer
In the same pocket where I keep my weapon, Let me show you!

mlts22
Explorer
Explorer
down home wrote:
I put all my extra hundreds in cleaned sewer hoses, in the tool bay.
going to have to find another one though. I see a lot, of people, have been robbed, of their sewer hoses stash. See one or two down just about Interstate.
Sometimes wonder if we should stop and see if they left any in them.

Here in Texas, I know it is RV season when I see the slinkies start squirming out of bumper storage and hitting the streets.

As for change, that is something I should look into for toll roads which demand dollars or quarters. I might find two that stick on the dash just for those trips.

Of course, if one needs some so-so secure storage (mainly to deter a smash and grab), there are always those "safes" that have a steel cable tether. Their security is usually laughable... but better than nothing.

RVcircus
Explorer II
Explorer II
CavemanCharlie wrote:
I assumed the OP was talking about large somes of cash while traveling

Ah...between kids & and RV we no longer have large sums of cash;)
2000 KZ Sportsman 2505 (overhauled & upgraded 2014)
2016 Chevy Express 3500 15 passanger van
6 humans, 2 cats, and a dog
Visit our blog at www.ROWLESmade.com
Our trailer re-build thread

Padlin
Explorer
Explorer
We don't keep any cash in the trailer other then laundry quarters. Cash is split between the wife, I , and the glove box. The couple times we traveled with passports they were in the truck as well. But then we have only traveled to CA where I've not worried about such things. I'd probably ask the same question and rethink what we do now were I headed south of the border.

Right or wrong, I've always considered the truck the safer of the 2 places to store valuables. Either way, losing a few hundred $ in cash isn't going to make or break a vacation. Then again, it has yet to happen.
Happy Motoring
Bob & Deb

W Ma.
12 F150 HD SCAB EcoBoost LB 4x4
14 Escape 5.0 TA

down_home
Explorer
Explorer
I put all my extra hundreds in cleaned sewer hoses, in the tool bay.
going to have to find another one though. I see a lot, of people, have been robbed, of their sewer hoses stash. See one or two down just about Interstate.
Sometimes wonder if we should stop and see if they left any in them. ๐Ÿ™‚

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
RVcircus wrote:
I keep my cash (assuming I have any) in my left pocket. Opposite side of my knife.

See, I'm just the opposite . I keep my Swiss Army Knife in my left pocket along with a Kleenex. In my right pocket I keep my cash that is smaller then 20's and my cell phone. The 20's go into my wallet in my left back pocket. In my right back pocket is my checkbook.

I assumed the OP was talking about large somes of cash while traveling. I usually only keep about 80 dollars in my wallet for close to home trips. The rest is either hidden at home or kept at the bank. Sometimes I don't make it through the month with the 300 cash I keep out of my monthly paycheck so I then have to drive up to the State Bank Of Jeffers between the hours of 9-3 and get more cash out of savings. My mom took out a savings account for me at that bank when I was 10 so I've been banking with them for 42 years.

RVcircus
Explorer II
Explorer II
I keep my cash (assuming I have any) in my left pocket. Opposite side of my knife.
2000 KZ Sportsman 2505 (overhauled & upgraded 2014)
2016 Chevy Express 3500 15 passanger van
6 humans, 2 cats, and a dog
Visit our blog at www.ROWLESmade.com
Our trailer re-build thread

starcraft69
Explorer
Explorer
Johnny G1 wrote:
The wife keeps it in her nicker's and she don't part with either very much lately.

Best one yet!!!!!!!
2007 chevy 2500 HD 6.0 longbed
2015 Eagle HT 28.5 5th wheel
tucker the fishing dog

ctpres
Explorer
Explorer
We hide our money in the cash register at the last store we visited.
A "Retired" Mind is a Terrible Thing to Waste
Chuck USNR, USAF & USCGA and Suzie
Challenger Owners Club

2015 Thor Challenger 37KT
2014 Ford Fiesta
2011 Sea Eagle 385 FT kayak
2009 Polaris RZR
2014 Zenetto Stealth road bike

Poodle_Power
Explorer
Explorer
We had one motorhome that we had a safe in. We were going to Muleshoe, Texas to see my husband's cousin. On the way we went thru a very small town named Bovina, Texas. To make a long story short we got a ticket. On our way back thru Bovina we stopped to pay the ticket. My husband got $200.00 out of the safe and went to pay his ticket. In a few minutes he came back and ask for the check book. The clerk said she couldn't take cash because it always disappeared before the day was over. This was at the city offices.

Johnny_G1
Explorer
Explorer
The wife keeps it in her nicker's and she don't part with either very much lately.
98 Mountain Aire 34' 210 Cummins Puller and 2001 dodge dully with all the toy's, 400 + hp pullin a 2001 32.5' Okanogan 5th wheel, new to us after 5 yrs with the 28' Travel Aire. Lots of fun.

Gene_Ginny
Explorer
Explorer
On the last trip I hid my money in a fake rock next to the camper door but when we got home the rock next to the camper door was missing. :h
Gene and DW Ginny
[purple] 2008 Toyota 4Runner 4.7L V8 w/factory towing option
2002 Sunline Solaris Lite T2363[/purple]

Reese Dual Cam Straight Line HP Sway Control

Proud member of the Sunline Club

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
If I told you it wouldn't be "hiding my money anymore!".

FWIW I have a spot in my pickup that takes less than 10 seconds to get to a stash of cash insurance registration etc.

I've told several friends/relatives if they can find it in an hour, they can have half the loot. No one has succeded yet. after about 15 minutes they swear there is NO hiding place left.
2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!

toedtoes
Explorer III
Explorer III
mabynack wrote:
I saw a youtube video of a hidden safe in the floor of an FW. You could hide it in the bottom of your clothes hamper. Most thieves won't look there. You can also put in a phony breaker box. They make coke cans with false bottoms. You could make your own hide away using a cereal box or oatmeal box. The options are only limited by your imagination.

Actually, most thieves simply go through everything. They trash the house throwing things around. The reason is simple. That bundle of bills you hid in the cereal box? It will fall out when they shove the boxes out of the cupboard onto the floor. They will toss over clothes hampers, throw drawers around, etc. Their plan is to uproot as many hiding places in as short of time as possible.
1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)