cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Where to get TH repaired after collision?

MHWASH
Explorer
Explorer
About 30 minutes after getting home from the Labor Day weekend we heard a loud bang outside. Once outside I see our 2013 Rubicon TH knocked of its tongue block, plastic on the ground and a large diesel pusher rounding the corner by our house. I do the 50 yard dash in my best time ever and catch them just as they're turning the next corner on to the main road. They pull over and have no idea they just ran into my trailer.

Their insurance has been in touch and an appraiser is on the way. My question is where is the best place to get my RV fixed? Here in town is a regular auto body shop that I've done lots of business with, and feel comfortable with, but I don't think I've ever seen them work on an RV. I would prefer to have the RV dealership do the work, but I don't know if they have the ability to check the frame. Most of the damage seems to be minor cosmetic stuff. Except when I pulled of my bent electric jack. Where the jack mounts to the tongue I can see that it is pushed up. When the RV was knocked of the 12" tongue block and landed on the jack foot it pushed this center piece up. Now I'm worried about frame damage.
7 REPLIES 7

noe-place
Explorer
Explorer
Speaking from previous experience I suggest you take your own pictures of the entire scene and detailed photos of the damage to your rv. Keep them "just in case."

MHWASH
Explorer
Explorer
I'm in Colfax, right by WSU.

The insurance said I could have who ever I wanted to do the repair.

path1
Explorer
Explorer
RichieC wrote:
HJGyswyt wrote:
Not sure where you are in SE Washington, but if it were my trailer I would take the time to pull it over the hill to Fife WA and let the pro's at Wescraft RV and Marine Service. Check out their web site. They are always set up with a booth at the RV shows here on the west side of the state. All the best, sorry it happened to you. Hans

X2
Wescraft is a pro shop and they are always busy with RVs.
I strongly recommend them.

X3, and we had to wait last time I needed some wood work done because they were to busy. More of a reason the have somebody work on your stuff if they have that kind of demand. They said don't even bring your RV here until appt date. If you haven't been there before look them up on a map. First time in is confusing IMO. Next street after truck stop, make right you'll see them.
2003 Majestic 23P... Northwest travel machine
2013 Arctic Fox 25W... Wife "doll house" for longer snowbird trips
2001 "The Mighty Dodge"... tow vehicle for "doll house"

bighatnohorse
Explorer II
Explorer II
HJGyswyt wrote:
Not sure where you are in SE Washington, but if it were my trailer I would take the time to pull it over the hill to Fife WA and let the pro's at Wescraft RV and Marine Service. Check out their web site. They are always set up with a booth at the RV shows here on the west side of the state. All the best, sorry it happened to you. Hans

X2
Wescraft is a pro shop and they are always busy with RVs.
I strongly recommend them.
2021 Arctic Fox 1150
'15 F350 6.7 diesel dually long bed
Eagle Cap Owners
โ€œThe best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity."
-Yeats

HJGyswyt
Explorer
Explorer
2003 GMC 2500HD CC Longbox SW/2002 Wilcat Bunkhouse 30'
/1987 Western Wildderness 11' Alpine Truck Camper/1971 MacGregor Venture Sailboat

Rig Pictures, click on this link.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

loulou57
Explorer
Explorer
I agree let the insurance deal with it all. Give your opinion when you do the final inspection and tell them if it is acceptable or not. In saying that...tell the ins company you want everything done to factory quality. Also you need to see how all this will effect your warranty if you still have any. If there is frame damage or ???

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Have the insurance company deal with it. Not many places that will "align" trailers.
New trailers with the thin metal used on frames rather then I beam construction bend so easy.
The insurance company may even call the factory for help.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker