RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Small economical DD as a towed

I would like to hear your experience towing a small, high MPG(35-40 hiway) less than 3000 lb, manual trans, that will be used as a daily driver. I have ruled out Jeeps for obvious reasons and the smart car because of no storage. Any one out there tow...

Gjac by Explorer III
  • 31 replies
  • 0 likes

Observations on buying a WDH

I am in the market for a WDH and sway control. I've talked to 2 hitch shops and Etrailer and no one has asked what I am towing. Everyone wants to know the details on the TV and the UVW and GVW of the trailer but no one asked how wide, how high, whe...

reese type hitch vs air hitch

Is one better than the other? It doesn't seem like the air hitch takes out much of the bounce. Is there anything better. I have dodge dually pulling 25 2003 komfort. Have air hitch and air bags on truck. Still getting a rough ride

haulin a generator

Anyone have experience with carrying a small generator(Inverter) either in their SUV or inside the trailer. The dealer warned against carrying it on the rear bumper (not sure it would fit anyway). The only other alternative I can think of is to hau...

jrctoby by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

How much do you use your generator?

We are trying to sell our motorhome and the generator wasn't working so I took it in. Turns out my Onan 7500 generator is totaled. Probably $10K to fix or replace and this on a 1999 Fleetwood. So I'm thinking of dropping the price several thousands...

dbs944 by Explorer
  • 44 replies
  • 0 likes

Hitch

I just got a new TV and due to the body/hitch style I need a fair bit of drop to pull the different trailers I own. Right now I'm using a 12" drop with pintle/ball combination that I can unbolt and move to what ever height in need. While this works i...

Hitching 101. European-style

I stumbled across this on YouTube that I would share. Interesting sway control concept that is used in the video see if you can spot it.Video Thanks,Jeremiah

jerem0621 by Explorer II
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

portable RV waste tanks

Will be needing a portable RV waste tank when we are campground hosts. Any suggestions on which one to purchase? Would appreciate pros and cons of whichever one you have used. Thanks.

Tough border crossing today, Tuesday

This morning I saw this from the Detroit river where we were fishing on my boat (caught 7 nice walleyes).A pickup pulling a trailer burned on the Ambassador Bridge crossing over the river from Detroit going into Windsor, Canada. I wonder how that st...

steveh27 by Explorer
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

Eating Crow - the "new" Blue Ox Sway Pro

OK, so I will admit upfront that I was one of the first to warn people about the new design of the Blue Ox Swaypro hitch. I had tried to order the original design last year and all that was stocked was their new design- no head tilt, no friction bol...

CHD_Dad by Explorer
  • 55 replies
  • 0 likes

Older does not always mean wiser so.......

I am older but not wiser so I will come to the experts who have "done that" and found it was a good idea or not a good idea.The SO and I will retire in December 2015, we are planning a trip to Alaska spring 2016. We have been approached by Resorts of...

GGeorge by Explorer
  • 33 replies
  • 0 likes

Sanitize Fresh Tank & Bleach

I would like to sanitize the fresh tank. My RV owners manual (& what I've found on the internet) says to use bleach with 5% sodium hypochlorite. The problem is all the bleach in the stores is now "concentrated" which appears to mean 8.25% sodium hy...

paullac by Explorer
  • 45 replies
  • 0 likes

Metal to glass adhesive

Need to attach metal to glass? 3M 08609, Window-Weld Super Fast Urethane is the answer. It is a strong RTV type rubber adhesive made to mate hardware to glass and the sealing adhesive used on windshields. I use it to reattach the closing mechanism on...