RVing with Pets
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Home made pet food

We are considering making our own dog food.If anyone has comments about THIS particular method & product we'd love to hear them.Thank you.

Altern by Explorer
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes

Friend Recovered Lost Cat

A dear friend was camping a number of weeks ago, and her one cat slipped out the MH. Could not find her and had to return home. Got a call that the cat was seen 2 or 3 times this week. They returned to the CG and with some patience and finally the...

raindove by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Raw food diets

Periodically we have discussed raw diets for dogs. Lots of opinions have been posted on the internet (often passed off as fact) about the benefits and deficits of raw diets. Opinion, hearsay, observations in uncontrolled studies are not really evid...

BCSnob by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

How long before it passes?

Penny, 9 month old golden mix, about 50 lbs, just got into the trash... uggh! She ate that piece of plastic/paper thing on the bottom of meat trays that you buy in the store. I've read anywhere from 12 to 72 hrs for it to pass - big difference! We...

Pets on the Road...

I am new to RV-ing...in fact, I don't even have an RV yet. I'm hoping to learn what I can here before I invest. I have pets. Is it difficult to find campgrounds that allow pets? Is there a weight limit? (i.e. I have a pair of St. Bernards) Is i...

LBurbank by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Avid microchip problem

Has this ever happened to anyone else?I was reading a thread on here today about lost pets and remembered that I ran across Bella's microchip certificate the other day. I did a google search and found a few places where you could put in the chip num...

Veronica by Explorer
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

Does "No Pets" really mean "no pets" or........

Do you take "no pets" to mean no dogs outside or "NO pets" even including the pet guinea pig we take camping with us occasionally & who never leaves the interior of the RV? People that camp with other pets besides dogs (cats that are never walked ou...

Schoep has died

I've been following this story of Schoep & John Unger."John Unger and his elderly dog, Schoep, became Internet celebrities last summer because of Bayfield, Wis., photographer Hannah Hudson's photograph of the pair in the waters of Lake Superior. Unge...

Dogs in National Parks

We have read the rules on dogs in Big Bend National Park. Our small Havanese dog goes practically everywhere with us. Have members found it at all feasible to visit Big Bend National Park with a dog between November January? How restricting is it? ...

And along came Bubba...

Thursday the 19th will be the first anniversary in our home for Bubba or as someone else said "Happy Gotcha Day Bubba"Wow how fast time goes. He was such a little rug rat when he came here, our diamond in the rough.He has been a total joy and so much...

sher9570 by Explorer
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

teaching the cats to use the toilet in the rv

i know my siamese are inclined to learn well so i picked up the 'litter quitter' kit at petco for them.dammit the seat shape and size is too different from a household terlit, so now i guess i have to fabricate one for myself.has anyone here found an...

suse1023 by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

tying up dogs

newbie question:When sitting outside, how/where do you tie up the dog's lead?The Dachshund won't be much of a problem, but the lab mix is a puller.....Thanks

jepalmer by Explorer
  • 29 replies
  • 0 likes

This is not fair!! LOL!!

Every morning, Ben (now 12 weeks) the puppy wakes up at 6 AM - and from that point, he's just a little bundle of activity; running, barking at the other dogs, playing with toys..... meanwhile, I'm wishing I could just get a little more sleep..... sig...

?? for Dr. Doug

One of our dogs is on 3 different meds. Yesterday I picked up 5 vials of chemo and the price had risen by 50% since the last time I got it. Since I know the vet office uses a local pharmacy to purchase this, I called them directly and found out what ...