cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Love them assemblers

joshuajim
Explorer II
Explorer II
When your black tank won't drain, this may be the problem.

RVing since 1995.
27 REPLIES 27

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
I found the same thing in my black tank and managed to wiggle it out. But look on the bright side -- if one of those disks is living in your black tank, and it is sloshing around in there while you drive, it is "macerating" the contents for better drainage! ๐Ÿ˜‰
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
About 2 or 3 years after buying my Winnebago MH, new, that exact same piece happened to hit the drain just right and fell out into the clear section I had my macerator attached to.

It explained a lot of the problems I had been having draining my black tank.

I wonder if there is still one in the gray tank.

My low point drains are located underneath the flooring inside my lower bathroom cabinet. When I first removed that flooring to open my drains, I found a NICE pair of pliers.
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
And they brag about their Amish quality. I'm betting they don't use Amish workers in much of a percentage. Or maybe no percentage at all.
Puma 30RKSS

joshuajim
Explorer II
Explorer II
rockhillmanor wrote:
How did you get it out?

My tanks are exposed on my Wildwood. I removed the outlet pipe from the tank, fished the cutout to the opening. Of course the fitting hole is smaller than the cutout. I was able to grab it with an extended nose vice grip and then cut it to the center drill pilot hole with a sheet metal snips. That weakened it enough to slightly fold it and pull it out.

I applied a generous amount of pipe dope on the outlet pipe and reclamped. Filled the tank to test for leaks.
RVing since 1995.

fpresto
Explorer
Explorer
I was running a cable for a TV in the bedroom on my rig. The cable came up under one set of drawers in the dresser then under three other drawer stacks. There seemed to be plenty of room to just slide the wire underneath but when I tried the cable kept hitting something in the middle. I pulled that drawer out and found a very nice miter box under it that had obviously been under there since manufacture. I still use the box.
USN Retired
2016 Tiffin Allegro 32 SA

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
How did you get it out?

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

jmtandem
Explorer II
Explorer II
There is a Youtube video of an RV aswembly line where the workers are literally running with walls and throwing them together. Quality and pride in workmanship are largely lacking. Makes me afraid to buy new

There is also a video of Jayco building a trailer in 45 minutes. Yea, I would want one of those---not!
'05 Dodge Cummins 4x4 dually 3500 white quadcab auto long bed.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Unfortunately the cut out disc being left inside waste tanks is NOT uncommon.

Many have been found/posted about just on this forum
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

Oasisbob
Explorer
Explorer
There is a Youtube video of an RV aswembly line where the workers are literally running with walls and throwing them together. Quality and pride in workmanship are largely lacking. Makes me afraid to buy new
Oasis Bob
Wonderful wife 3 of 4 kids at home. 1 proudly serving in USAF
2018 Ford Explorer
2001 Bantam Trail Lite B-19

HAPPY TRAILS:)

randallb
Explorer
Explorer
The manufacturers are getting what they pay for and what these employees are able to accomplish in the time allotted for a particular installation. When your boss tells you the vent stacks have to be in and hooked up in the allotted and short period of time, that time does not include retrieving the cut out that does not stay in the hole saw.
Randy

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
I found a partially melted burrito sack behind a generator on a brand new class c. Pack of cigarettes in another rig in the wall. Cheap tools, lots of sawdust and several kg of loose screws.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Favorite trick of the builders.

One RVer who's posts on that topic I followed sealed his in a zip lock bag, then put that in another zip lock bag, and along with a letter of explanation put the bag in a larger envelope and mailed it all back to the company CEO.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
Sad...who made your rig?
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro