cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

The Official unofficial CPE 2000i Generator Thread

pritch272
Explorer
Explorer
8/1/2010 edit: Thread renamed at the suggestion of the Professor.
Renamed from: Champion Inverter and Remote Gens Promo on CPE's web site)

3/22/2011 edit: Thread renamed ...
Renamed from: Official CPE 2000 Watt Inverter Generator Thread

3/23/2011 edit: Thread renamed at the suggestion of the Professor.
Renamed from: (Un)Official CPE 2000 Watt Inverter Generator Thread

Inverter Available August 2010

Remote Available July 2010

2007 Keystone Laredo 29RL, 2000 Ford F250 7.3 PSD, Firestone bags, Pressure Pro, 16" Michelin XPS Ribs, MorRyde Pin Box, Dexter EZ-Flex, PI EMS-HW30C, Dirt Devil CV950 Central Vacuum, 2000W AllPower by Kipor, 4000/3500W Champion C46540
2,927 REPLIES 2,927

SplashDancer
Explorer
Explorer
It varies from MW to MW unit. Look at the input wattage, not the MW's output wattage rating. I've seen 800 watt output units with as high input wattage levels as some more expensive and fancier 1200 watt output rated MW's.
Not sure why there is such a difference in efficiency ( ie the output wattage divided by input wattage)?

My bud's unit will only start his large MW whenever it's below approx. 60F (15C) outside temp. He learned last summer on a hot day it will NOT do it when it's hot mid day temperature outside.
I've not tried mine to that level of testing yet.

canadiankid
Explorer
Explorer
I have a small microwave (I am guessing 1000w) and yes my champion will power it (but I have overloaded it if my battery is charging at the same time). I got my champion on sale at Costco for $400 two years ago and have been very happy with my purchase as the Honda 2000 in Canada would run closer to $1400.
2010 Tundra Crewmax 2WD 5.7
2009 Greywolf 22BH

bruno1138
Explorer
Explorer
falconman515 wrote:
Does the CPE 2000 run a Microwave easy?

I am needing something for nothing but battery recharging and the only other thing I would need power for really is if we want to use the Microwave a couple times for something.

I saw the YouTube video with a guy comparing the Honda 2K vs. the CPE 2K and the Honda ran a couple fans and then fired up a table saw full power with no power loss at all ... Then he plugged into the the CPE 2K and ran the fans and the saw Barely fired up at all .... then he turned off both fans and still the CPE couldn't power the table saw.

So can one of the CPE's even power a Microwave?

Not sure of my wattage on my rave and my trailer is in storage 30 mins away .. and the owners manual for some reason doesn't have model or info on it.

It's the stock microwave from a 96 Fleetwood Prowler .. I'm sure most microwaves are in the standard 1200 range probably.

I know this can 1600 but that table saw is no more then 1500 and it Bogged Down Big Time.

Just trying to get an idea on what this CPE is capable of powering really.

Thanks so much for the info.

The answer to your question is: it depends on the microwave. It does not start my Panasonic 1350 watt microwave at all, it overloads every time regardless of settings or conditions.

MrWizard
it will run the MW, MW does NOT have the 'surge' current that the saw motor has

you might have to temporarily turn off your converter/charger while using the MW

depends on the how much Power the converter is using at that particular moment
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

falconman515
Explorer
Explorer
Does the CPE 2000 run a Microwave easy?

I am needing something for nothing but battery recharging and the only other thing I would need power for really is if we want to use the Microwave a couple times for something.

I saw the YouTube video with a guy comparing the Honda 2K vs. the CPE 2K and the Honda ran a couple fans and then fired up a table saw full power with no power loss at all ... Then he plugged into the the CPE 2K and ran the fans and the saw Barely fired up at all .... then he turned off both fans and still the CPE couldn't power the table saw.

So can one of the CPE's even power a Microwave?

Not sure of my wattage on my rave and my trailer is in storage 30 mins away .. and the owners manual for some reason doesn't have model or info on it.

It's the stock microwave from a 96 Fleetwood Prowler .. I'm sure most microwaves are in the standard 1200 range probably.

I know this can 1600 but that table saw is no more then 1500 and it Bogged Down Big Time.

Just trying to get an idea on what this CPE is capable of powering really.

Thanks so much for the info.
1996 24' Fleetwood Prowler
Towed By ...
2011 GMC Sierra 1500 Z71 4X4 Crew Cab

MrRchitty
Explorer
Explorer
Angus_NB wrote:
That looks to be more than just a look-a-like.
A Chinese knock off of a Chinese generator doesn't seem likely. ๐Ÿ™‚
The 1000 watt unit would be great for our camp. All we use it for is lights.

Made me laugh.....
Randall J. Chittenden
CT
Fire/Medic
Former Auto Parts Sales 12 years

Angus_NB
Explorer
Explorer
That looks to be more than just a look-a-like.
A Chinese knock off of a Chinese generator doesn't seem likely. ๐Ÿ™‚
The 1000 watt unit would be great for our camp. All we use it for is lights.
2008 Toyota Tundra 5.7L 4x4 DC
2013 Fun Finder F-266 KIRB
Reese Dual Cam HP / Prodigy P3
2 Black Labs - Lucy (Her) & Tosha (Him)

MrRchitty
Explorer
Explorer
I am signed up for global sources emails and this link came up.
A champion generator look-a-like

There was a 1000 watt version as well. I put in a, request for a sample to test.
1000 watt version
Randall J. Chittenden
CT
Fire/Medic
Former Auto Parts Sales 12 years

Unyalli
Explorer
Explorer
I should add I have the Category 5 champion 2000i rated at 1700 watts. This is how I know the massive difference in sound level between it an the 3500/4000.
2016 Cougar 26RBI
2015 Ford F150 CC 3.5L Ecoboost Max Tow

Angus_NB
Explorer
Explorer
The short answer is, the Champion 2000i puts out about 1600 watts compared to the Hondas 2000 watts. There is very little difference as far as noise. The Champion may be a little louder but it is still a very quiet machine.
I have the Champion and am very happy with it.
If you can get a good used Honda for the same price I would probably grab it. I couldn't find one at that price. The Champion is $499 in Canada. Used Hondas sell for $750+.
2008 Toyota Tundra 5.7L 4x4 DC
2013 Fun Finder F-266 KIRB
Reese Dual Cam HP / Prodigy P3
2 Black Labs - Lucy (Her) & Tosha (Him)

Unyalli
Explorer
Explorer
falconman515 wrote:
OK I am possibly in the market for a generator for my new TT.

This thread is Soooo long ...

Just wanting to know how this compares to say the Honda 2000 in power and more importantly how loud they are?

Is this something I should be looking at to buy instead of a used Honda 2K

I want to buy the regular Champion 3500/4000 but want to keep my options opens due to wanting a quieter running unit of possible.

If for some reason I start looking at Hondas is this a viable option being new when the price of one one of these Champion 2K new is what the Hondas sell for sued?

Thanks so much for the basic info. ๐Ÿ™‚

I have the 3500/4000 and it is a hoss. Loud as hell compared to a Champ 2000i or Honda2000i but out powers them hands down (of course). The hoss is not an inverter with sine wave power either. It's just a raw construction site power source.
2016 Cougar 26RBI
2015 Ford F150 CC 3.5L Ecoboost Max Tow

falconman515
Explorer
Explorer
OK I am possibly in the market for a generator for my new TT.

This thread is Soooo long ...

Just wanting to know how this compares to say the Honda 2000 in power and more importantly how loud they are?

Is this something I should be looking at to buy instead of a used Honda 2K

I want to buy the regular Champion 3500/4000 but want to keep my options opens due to wanting a quieter running unit of possible.

If for some reason I start looking at Hondas is this a viable option being new when the price of one one of these Champion 2K new is what the Hondas sell for sued?

Thanks so much for the basic info. ๐Ÿ™‚
1996 24' Fleetwood Prowler
Towed By ...
2011 GMC Sierra 1500 Z71 4X4 Crew Cab

professor95
Explorer
Explorer
Honda has a GX160 formerly rated at 5HP and a GX200 formerly rated at 6.5 HP. The GX200 clone is used on the 3,000 to 4,000 watt synchronous open frame generators. The 171CC makes me think that the new engine should be in the 5.5HP range but I also suspect peak RPM will be between 4,000 and 4,400 rather than the fixed 3,600 for the synchronous units. Again, making an educated guess based on engine size, I would expect the new CPE digital to be rated 2600 watts continuous.

Knowing that the 2000i from CPE has a lot of similarities to the Yamaha engine design I would strongly expect the same on the new 30000.

Champion does not claim or advertise any similarities to Honda or Yamaha engine designs. Champion's synchronous generators were part of the production from Zhejiang Changtong Machinery Co. But, the Changtong digital 2000 watt offering did not appear to be anything like the 2000i from CPE nor is there anything on the Zhejiang Changtong Machinery Co web sites to indicate a CPE relationship for USA and Canada digital generators. There is a 2000 watt digital on the Changtong web site that has the Champion name on the side but I have never seeen one offered here. CPE does have their own facility on the Zhejiang Changtong Machinery Co campus where assembly and testing takes place. All export, CARB, and EPA certification of the synchronous products is apparently done by Zhejiang Changtong Machinery Co. It is entirely possible that both of the inverter generators were designed and built exclusively on CPE's campus by their engineers but certified under the umbrella of the larger Chinese company. This would make the market for the digital models sold under the CPE brand totally exclusive and unavailable for re-badging like the Magna to PowerHouse models now being offered at Camping World.

Nothing here should be considered as factual. It is conjecture based on personal findings. Personally, I like the idea of having the CPE brand backed by the largest builder of small engines and generators in China. That, with the proven good customer service provided in the States is support for a strong, well developed product - hopefully including the inverter/digital models.
Professor Randy T. Agee & Nancy Agee. Also Oscar, the totally ruined Dachshund.
2009 Cedar Creek 5th Wheel - 2004 Volvo VNL670 class 8 MotorHome conversion as toter.
Turbocharged, 12L, 465 HP and 1,800 ft. Lbs. of torque.

2bnb_driver
Explorer
Explorer
Judging by appearences and given specs it looks like champion is targeting the Honda EU3000i Handi to compete with. A whole lot of similarities there except for 40% of Hondas price tag. Im a little bummed when I see a 171cc motor listed. Sounds a little more like a yamaha clone than a GX. Kinda takes away from experimental project ideas.

Edited to add.....Seems like the 171cc engine is enjoying a growing popularity, bolie, kipor etc etc. Wonder who was the original designer.

canadiankid
Explorer
Explorer
I find it funny that they are "pre selling" these generators without letting us know all the info. For example: How much does it weigh? 58db at 23' full load or idle? I would like to know both of these before buying.

Just my two opinion.

Don.
2010 Tundra Crewmax 2WD 5.7
2009 Greywolf 22BH