cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

The Official unofficial CPE 2000i Generator Thread

pritch272
Explorer
Explorer
8/1/2010 edit: Thread renamed at the suggestion of the Professor.
Renamed from: Champion Inverter and Remote Gens Promo on CPE's web site)

3/22/2011 edit: Thread renamed ...
Renamed from: Official CPE 2000 Watt Inverter Generator Thread

3/23/2011 edit: Thread renamed at the suggestion of the Professor.
Renamed from: (Un)Official CPE 2000 Watt Inverter Generator Thread

Inverter Available August 2010

Remote Available July 2010

2007 Keystone Laredo 29RL, 2000 Ford F250 7.3 PSD, Firestone bags, Pressure Pro, 16" Michelin XPS Ribs, MorRyde Pin Box, Dexter EZ-Flex, PI EMS-HW30C, Dirt Devil CV950 Central Vacuum, 2000W AllPower by Kipor, 4000/3500W Champion C46540
2,927 REPLIES 2,927

Unyalli
Explorer
Explorer
beemerphile1 wrote:
FWIW, Supegen sells the two generators, parallel kit, and two covers for $1049US.

https://supergenproducts.com/catalog/cat-100002/inverter-generators

With free shipping

- Jeff
2016 Cougar 26RBI
2015 Ford F150 CC 3.5L Ecoboost Max Tow

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
FWIW, Supegen sells the two generators, parallel kit, and two covers for $1049US.

https://supergenproducts.com/catalog/cat-100002/inverter-generators
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

KrowNB
Explorer
Explorer
I don't know why i keep getting duplicate posts. Sorry.

KrowNB
Explorer
Explorer
Rygar wrote:
I have a 50amp plug but also have a dog bone. I also found a 4000 watt from Costco for about $700 and it claims to be able to run a 15000btu a/c. It weighs 110lbs but it's better than buying 2 gens I think.

The 4000W will be heavier and noisier than the 2000. If not an inverter, it will be MUCH noisier. Two CE2000s in parallel will put out less than a single 4000W, around 3500 I believe but I'm not certain of the exact number. Easier to carry 65 lbs twice than 130 lbs once.

Rygar
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 50amp plug but also have a dog bone. I also found a 4000 watt from Costco for about $700 and it claims to be able to run a 15000btu a/c. It weighs 110lbs but it's better than buying 2 gens I think.
2011 Montana 3455SA
2013 Ford F350 4x4 Crew Cab King Ranch SRW
Gary & Jane Retired Toy Store owners
2 Sheltie Furkids Cammie & Stormy

SplashDancer
Explorer
Explorer
Rygar, if you're going to use 2 1600 in parallel to run the AC (with the parallel adapter) you plug the RV cord into that. Depending on your RV you'll have either a 50 or 30 amp plug on your cord, and both are available although you may need an adapter for the 30 amp as the RV will likely not be a twist lock type as on the gen.
If you're charging your boat batteries, (assume with a typical charger) I'd just run 1 unit and plug the charger's standard 15 amp plug into the receptacles on the single unit

Rygar
Explorer
Explorer
I've been contemplating a gen for my fifth wheel but I need some help. In a long trip last fall we ended up in some places where there was no campsites available so we ended up at Pilot/Flying J's. It was hot and no a/c was difficult sleeping. So, I'm wondering how many watts would be needed to run the 15,000btu a/c? As Alberta Outbacker says, you can get 2 Champion 2000w from Costco for $1200.+ $77 for the adapter or a Champion 3400w for the same price. This last question may be dumb but where do you plug the gen into the Rv? Also, is there any problem with them being stolen?
2011 Montana 3455SA
2013 Ford F350 4x4 Crew Cab King Ranch SRW
Gary & Jane Retired Toy Store owners
2 Sheltie Furkids Cammie & Stormy

MrWizard
i recommend 'ECON off' if you want to run the A/C
other than that, great generators, enjoy

some people have managed A/C in ECON mode, but there are a lot of variables
ambient temp, altitude , a/c start surge etc..
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

Alberta_Outback
Explorer
Explorer
This thread is sort of hard to find. did a bunch of reading on these champion 2000 units and ended up buying a couple from Costco.ca. was on sale 600$ a pop and 77$ for parallel adapter. all in all it cost same as one Honda 2000.
so all is left is to put oil in them and test them out. will do some testing to see what it can run and update.

BC_Explorer
Explorer
Explorer
Joined the Champion 2000 club a couple of days and very pleased with the purchase. The gen was on sale for $150.00 off regular price and I had $250.00 of store GC's so got quite the deal on it. Fired up the generator for the first time today and sure like how quiet it is.

Plan to use the generator for mainly charging the electric boat motor and trailer batteries on cloudy days or when the campsites do not have a lot of direct sun for solar charging. Also will come in handy for the yearly fall power outages at home.

Paul_D_
Explorer
Explorer
Read this thread about a year ago, very informative BTW, and took a chance on one of the referb units in a link provided from a reputable vendor. I played with it a little around the house over the summer , was very pleased with the noise level , starting, power, ect. Here in the N.E. we had a wet heavy snow storm yesterday that really raised heck with the power grid. I dug out the the champ. 2000 that had been stored in the garage with full stabilized tank and carb run dry. Fired right up with about 3 pulls, I used it to power just our internet , computers and a tv as I assumed the power would be on shortly and me and the mrs needed to keep working. Worked great; Long story short, had to dig out the big girl to power the whole house from 3 till 10 pm. It got down in the low 20s so I set up a few cords to the Champ. to power the pellet stove and router so the young ins could have internet on their devices. Went to bed with it humming along in econo mode and could barely hear it from my cozy warm bed. Not sure when it ran out of fuel , but it had to be about 7:30 am cause the stove was still hot to the touch when I woke up and it was 72 in the kitchen and 23 f outside. I am very very happy with this unit, next storm I am going to try the fridge and pellet stove all night and see if it kicks out of econo mode. Considering getting a second "just because".

Mike_LeClair
Explorer
Explorer
Pretty impressed with cold weather starting ease.

I dug the yellow one out of the shed as I had to charge the RV batteries in preparation for an unplanned trip to California. Both of our units have been sitting idle since the end of September 2015 and the only reason that I took yellow guy was that he was easier to reach. The float bowls had been run dry in both units and the tanks were filled with premium fuel, some stabilizer and a shot of Red Line fuel treatment. Temperature this afternoon was -18*C and snowing and I was freezing my a$$ off after snow blowing the sidewalks for two hours - brrrrrrr. Anyway, I turned on the fuel, moved the vent selector from "off" to "on", left the engine switch in the off position, pulled the choke out and pulled the cord four or five times. I turned the engine switch to on, pulled the cord and BAM! she fired on that very first pull in engine run mode. ****, I was impressed! The gen settled into a smooth idle within 15 seconds, I hooked up the battery charger and let it purr for four hours. The two 6V batteries are only showing about a 1/2 charge now so I will restart the gen tomorrow and see if I can get the batteries to come around a little bit more yet.

Yup, pretty happy with my Champ!

Cheers!

Mike
Something Old, Something New
2012 F350 SRW, 6.7l Powerstroke, 3.55's front and rear.
2008 Fleetwood Regal 325RKTS
Mike, Carol and our 4 legged "furry child" Kenzie Shweenie Tod

Hybridhunter
Explorer
Explorer
I have reached out to Supergen and politely explained the situation. I will be quite surprised if they offer the modules without having to pay for them. We'll see!

MrRchitty
Explorer
Explorer
Hybridhunter wrote:
MrRchitty wrote:

Hybrid, once again, the modules have been updated on the Champions. You have been advised to send yours to Supergen for a free upgrade. It appears that has not happened. I can tell you,the characteristics are different.

You should try that.

Good luck.

It is my dad's generator, and we changed the modules back when we bought the pair, and it made no difference. I suppose we could go through the hassle again, but we did in fact swap them already. Bottom line though, the Hyundai blows away the champ performance wise. Longevity is an unknown, and every product, except Honda and Yamaha, seems to have more than a handful of dissatisfied users. I'd be curious if supergen will do the swap again with a 4 year old genset. It is a sad state of affairs, it can't even run his converter unless he unhooks all the batteries first.

I'm telling you, huge huge difference!

You won't be sorry. As far as longevity, I've run into a couple of food trucks with hours and hours of use. The windings are rock solid.
Randall J. Chittenden
CT
Fire/Medic
Former Auto Parts Sales 12 years

Hybridhunter
Explorer
Explorer
MrRchitty wrote:

Hybrid, once again, the modules have been updated on the Champions. You have been advised to send yours to Supergen for a free upgrade. It appears that has not happened. I can tell you,the characteristics are different.

You should try that.

Good luck.

It is my dad's generator, and we changed the modules back when we bought the pair, and it made no difference. I suppose we could go through the hassle again, but we did in fact swap them already. Bottom line though, the Hyundai blows away the champ performance wise. Longevity is an unknown, and every product, except Honda and Yamaha, seems to have more than a handful of dissatisfied users. I'd be curious if supergen will do the swap again with a 4 year old genset. It is a sad state of affairs, it can't even run his converter unless he unhooks all the batteries first.