cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2019 Chevy Silverado Debut from Texas

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
Here's the new 2019 Silverado Trail Boss...

Link

Link 2
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"
31 REPLIES 31

ksss
Explorer
Explorer
I think it looks good. A lot of conversation on different sites about looking like a Ford or Toyota. Every redesign goes through this "teething" phase. It is not ugly, had it come out looking like the Titan, then they would have a problem. This truck I don't see "offending" anyone. Loyal buyers should be able to see enough "chevy" and everyone else will see some individual styling they can relate to. The bigger issue for me is in the engines, interior and on the HD's, the tow specs.
2020 Chevy 3500 CC 4X4 DRW D/A
2013 Fuzion 342
2011 RZR Desert Tan
2012 Sea Doo GTX 155
2018 Chevy 3500HD CC LB SRW 4X4 D/A
2015 Chevy Camaro ZL1

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
Ductape wrote:
I like the look. The exhaust below the rear bumper is a bad idea for an off road version though.

I bet that less than 1% ever venture 'off road'. It's about the 'look' and the prestige thing, not about departure angles. Look at the fancy dan RAM 4x4 with the Hemi and the Bilstein shocks and the front mount winch... and the muffler and tailpipe hanging way below the rear axle and sticking straight down...

It'a all styling and not a practical off roader. You want a practical, out of the box wheeler, you better buy a Jeep. All the rest are 'wannabees', profilers and grocery getters.....:R
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
Here's the official Chevrolet video that shows a few more body details. Enjoy...

Link
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

Camper_G
Explorer
Explorer
I like how they went back to CHEVROLET in big letters across the tailgate. Remimds me of my 1989 k1500 which i loved
2017 Dodge Ram 2500 HD, 4x4, CCSB, 6.4L HEMI, Snow Chief, tow package.,1989 Skyline Layton model 75-2251.

Ductape
Explorer
Explorer
I like the look. The exhaust below the rear bumper is a bad idea for an off road version though.
49 States, 6 Provinces, 2 Territories...

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
Looks like a bigger cross of a Colorado/Canyon and a Tundra. Handsome.
Puma 30RKSS

blofgren
Explorer
Explorer
TurnThePage wrote:
It's good to see they got the memo about the squared off fender wells. I'm not sold yet though. Maybe it'll grow on me.

X2.
2013 Ram 3500 Megacab DRW Laramie 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, G56, 3.73, Maximum Steel, black lthr, B&W RVK3670 hitch, Retrax, Linex, and a bunch of options incl. cargo camera
2008 Corsair Excella Platinum 34.5 CKTS fifth wheel with winter package & disc brakes

MARK_VANDERBENT
Explorer
Explorer
Love it !

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
Don't know for certain but I do know that FCA Chrysler is making MAJOR changes to the RAM trucks in styling and components. There have been some running around metro Detroit in camo so it's hard to tell but I don't believe they look at all like the current ones. I heard that FCA will keep building the old style (present body style) for another year and then completely phase it out. Differenet engine and transmission choices too

Ford is the undisputed sales leader and GM and FCA want to catch up but Ford is re-tooling to stay out front. Will be an interesting year and I expect with some very sizeable discounts and rebates too. Like I said, the profit margin on trucks is so good, the automakers can really afford to cut prices and offer rebates and still make money.

O heard that the average profit on a well equipped 1/2 ton truck is around $10,000.00. That is a lot of wiggle room for the automakers.

One thing about living up here in Michigan, near Detroit, I get to see the new stuff out on the highway plenty early. I just look for the 'Michigan Manufacturers Plate' dead giveaway.
2015 Backpack SS1500

kw_00
Explorer
Explorer
Interesting, wonder how the HD trucks will look like from both Chevy and GMC.
A truck, a camper, a few toys, but most importantly a wonderful family.

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
All 3 are coming out with re-styled and re-tooled pickup trucks this year, even Ford is making major changes. Reason is, the truck market has the best profit ratio.

Going to be the year of the pickup truck wars.

Get / got a kick out of the GM commercial touting the benefits of steel versus aluminum and guess what... GM is going aluminum and composite as well.

I may even upgrade from my 1997 this year but it will have to be really good.
2015 Backpack SS1500

Chuck_thehammer
Explorer
Explorer
TurnThePage wrote:
It's good to see they got the memo about the squared off fender wells. CLIP .

Ain't that the TRUTH.

TurnThePage
Explorer
Explorer
It's good to see they got the memo about the squared off fender wells. I'm not sold yet though. Maybe it'll grow on me.
2015 Ram 1500
2022 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22RBE

jus2shy
Explorer
Explorer
That actually looks a bit handsome. Nice evolution from where they are now. I especially like that the bumper doesn't have these vast seas of chrome anymore (at least I can imagine it chrome assuming all the black in this pick would be chrome on other trims). Finally, rounder wheel wells. But the side view gets rid of some of that slab styling. Makes for a more interesting side profile.
E'Aho L'ua
2013 RAM 3500 Crew Cab 4x4 SRW |Cummins @ 370/800| 68RFE| 3.42 gears
Currently Rig-less (still shopping and biding my time)

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Iโ€™d rather see the specs than sheet metal.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad