cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6.7 cummins oil/fuel filter where to buy

Lar_s
Explorer
Explorer
So, time for another oil change, and fuel filter change. Is there somewhere to buy the filters without going back to the dealer? I'm looking for the same quality, but would like to save a few bucks.

Thx

Lar

2015 Ram 3500, Dually
17,000 miles
Lar

2015 Dynamax Trilogy
36 RL
Ram 3500 Dually
39 REPLIES 39

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
tinner12002 wrote:
You can actually find Mopar filters online, even from dealers cheaper than you can walk in your local dealer and buy. I've even seen Mopar brand oil filters at Walmart for $13 and change. Geno's Garage as mentioned is also a good place to get them.

I bought one there about a month ago for $13+
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

tinner12002
Explorer
Explorer
You can actually find Mopar filters online, even from dealers cheaper than you can walk in your local dealer and buy. I've even seen Mopar brand oil filters at Walmart for $13 and change. Geno's Garage as mentioned is also a good place to get them.
2015 Ram 3500/DRW/Aisin/auto/Max tow/4.10s,Cummins, stock Laramie Limited--Silver
Tequila Sunrise 2012 Ultra Classic Limited
2018 Raptor 428SP

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
otrfun wrote:
Yup, looks like Spoon059 is getting a good deal. Buyer beware though. Many times the word "blend" gets left out (or ignored) as a descriptor when advertising/discussing so-called "synthetic" oil changes. IMO, important to confirm that it's a "FULL"-synthetic oil change.

Oops, you are right, its a synthetic BLEND, not fully synthetic. I misspoke. Ram says 15K miles OR 6 months. I drive about 10-12K miles per year, so my oil is changed due to time, not mileage. I tow about 10K lbs, so nothing to make my Ram break a sweat. I figure syn blend or even conventional oil is satisfactory for my usage and low mileage between changes.

So I bought this truck used (from a Ford dealer, nonetheless) and they are one of those "Customer for life" places. They offer included oil changes and lifetime power train warranty's for all their vehicles. Gas rigs get free oil changes, diesel rigs get a discounted oil change. There is no requirement that the dealer do the maintenance... but I am required to do all the preventative maintenance as outlined in my manual.

The cost to have the dealership do the change is about what it would cost me. If they do the routine maintenance, they have the records. If they screw something up, they are the ones fixing it anyways. I do fuel filters myself, axle fluid myself, etc. I'll likely go to a Ram dealer for trans fluid service at/around 60K since I tow with it.

For me, the time savings and documentation issues are worth taking it to the dealer for the same price.
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

otrfun
Explorer II
Explorer II
ACZL wrote:
spoon059 wrote:
jalichty wrote:
I figured out what filter I needed and then went to Amazon. Prices were very competitive with the dealer and the delivery was timely. If you have Prime, delivery is usually in two days and free.

Amazon has both fuel filters for $100+/- with free Prime shipping. That is about the best price you can get.

Our dealer charges about $70 for synthetic oil changes with filter on my Ram. That is only slightly more than it would cost me to do it myself. I'm allowing myself to get lazy and let the dealer do it twice a year... saves me the trouble of getting dirty and having to recycle 3 gallons of oil!

I have plenty of other vehicles where I can save money on oil changes!
Holy smokes that's a great deal IMO!!!!!! Oil alone would be close to that if done yourself. Last time I checked w/ my dealer about oil change, I could do it 2-3 times myself as long as I can wiggle my LA under the truck.

NAPA has oil on sale till Nov 13...Rotella T6 for 20-21 bucks. Filters, I get mine thru "dieselfiltersonline" as well out of NJ.
Yup, looks like Spoon059 is getting a good deal. Buyer beware though. Many times the word "blend" gets left out (or ignored) as a descriptor when advertising/discussing so-called "synthetic" oil changes. IMO, important to confirm that it's a "FULL"-synthetic oil change.

IdaD
Explorer
Explorer
Rotella T6 is $18 and change a gallon on Amazon subscribe and save, plus no sales tax. Fleetguard stratapore filters and Mopar fuel filters are generally priced well on Amazon too.
2015 Cummins Ram 4wd CC/SB

ACZL
Explorer
Explorer
spoon059 wrote:
jalichty wrote:
I figured out what filter I needed and then went to Amazon. Prices were very competitive with the dealer and the delivery was timely. If you have Prime, delivery is usually in two days and free.

Amazon has both fuel filters for $100+/- with free Prime shipping. That is about the best price you can get.

Our dealer charges about $70 for synthetic oil changes with filter on my Ram. That is only slightly more than it would cost me to do it myself. I'm allowing myself to get lazy and let the dealer do it twice a year... saves me the trouble of getting dirty and having to recycle 3 gallons of oil!

Holy smokes that's a great deal IMO!!!!!! Oil alone would be close to that if done yourself. Last time I checked w/ my dealer about oil change, I could do it 2-3 times myself as long as I can wiggle my LA under the truck.

NAPA has oil on sale till Nov 13...Rotella T6 for 20-21 bucks. Filters, I get mine thru "dieselfiltersonline" as well out of NJ.
2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"

billyray50
Explorer
Explorer
Geno's garage

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Use ONLY FleetGuard, MOPAR and Raycor filters. Don't risk your warranty.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
I get my Fleetgaurd oil and fuel filters direct from local Cummins parts house!
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
Wild Card wrote:
Genos Garage.com

Genos would be great if they were even close to being competitive with other sources ,but they are not. I find it crazy why so many buy filters, and such from them. With their prices, and shipping they can't touch Amazon.

Case in point , the two mopar filers for the newer 6.7 cummins from Genos is 125.90 for the pair plus shipping 14.95 total 140.85. Never paided over 100.00 for the pair, and as low as 75.00 on Amazon. There are no bargains at Genos

Lar_s
Explorer
Explorer
Thx for all the replies. I'll check em' out. Had the oil and filters changed in AZ and synthetic Rotella so I might not be ready, but would rather take care of things in my shop vs. on the road.

Thx again.

Lar
Lar

2015 Dynamax Trilogy
36 RL
Ram 3500 Dually

Fireman02
Explorer
Explorer
On both my 12 and current 14 I buy from genos garage. I went once through amazon, don't remember the exact supplier, but the front fuel filter came wrapped up but was dirty. Not sure how that happened, I read that some of the really discounted filters are units that had an expired shelf life. Not sure how true it is, but I'm back buying from geno's from now on.
2014 Ram 2500 6.7 Big Horn auto: 20% tint, Line-x, etc..
2013 Springdale 303bhssr

Allworth
Explorer II
Explorer II
E-Bay and watch for free shipping. Buy 3 or 6 at a time from a dealer. Same for Mopar or Delco. Oil or fuel.
Formerly posting as "littleblackdog"
Martha, Allen, & Blackjack
2006 Chevy 3500 D/A LB SRW, RVND 7710
Previously: 2008 Titanium 30E35SA. Currently no trailer due to age & mobility problems. Very sad!
"Real Jeeps have round headlights"

minnow
Explorer
Explorer
Mopar oil filters are carried at our local WalMart fir about $14.

otrfun
Explorer II
Explorer II
spoon059 wrote:
jalichty wrote:

Occasionally, there are cheaper sources, but I agree Amazon does tend to be one of the lower cost sources for OEM Ram fuel filters.

As for oil changes (and other maintenance), if at all possible I'll DIY--even it if costs me more vs. a "reputable" dealer or garage. I've long discovered these businesses are only as reputable as the specific individual performing the work on any given day. Nothing makes my day more than under/over torqued oil drain bolts, "doubled" up filter gaskets, under/overtightened filters, oil-soaked frame members, and/or use of the incorrect oil. Can you imagine 5w-20 in your Cummins?! You'll never know---ouch!