cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6.7 Powerstroke filters

brooks379
Explorer
Explorer
My 6.7 was needing a fuel filter and these 6.7's have a fuel filter on the motor and a water separator on the frame. So I called a local parts store Monday to check the price and was told ...yep we have the 6.7 water and fuel filter kit and it goes for $104.00 I thought NO WAY (you can buy a big Caterpillar fuel filter for $20.00) and called another store ...yep we have one and it goes for $89.99. Then I went online and found dieselfiltersonline store and ended up ordering a 6.7 filter kit, (fuel and water separator filter) an oil filter and an air filter. They just showed up this afternoon, all brand new Motorcraft filters sent to the house for $90.00 and that is with $11.00 for the shipping. Know of any better deals on filters for these trucks ?
9 REPLIES 9

GoPackGo
Explorer
Explorer
FWIW, I have had a couple Ford dealers tell me that they don't care what brand of oil I use, but that I should always use Ford filters - air, fuel, and oil. Never agreed with that philosophy in the past, but I am going that route with this engine. And yes, I know Wix makes good filters.

Tim

brooks379
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks dbbls, I'm in SW KS. KS. City is about 350 miles.... I got the fuel filter kit for $54.60
the air filter for $13.32 and the oil filter for $12.95 plus $11.00 for shipping and it was delivered to the front porch.
I did find a place that was selling WIX filters with free shipping and about the same prices but they only had the fuel filter kit in stock.

mudfuel07
Explorer
Explorer
Dieselfiltersonline is the cheapest place that I have found Ford filters. And you know how finicky the 6.0 is.
2020 Ram 2500 6.7 CTD 4x4 Tradesman(with a few toys)
2020 Puma by Palomino 32RBFQ for the kids!

dbbls
Explorer
Explorer
I don't know what part of Kansas you are from if it is not to far, Midway Ford Truck in KC, MO has the cheapest filter prices I have seen. Don't remember exactly but it seems like it was in the $60 to $70 range for the fuel filters, and $14 for the oil filter. Midway Ford sells filters to a lot of Ford Dealers in the KC area.
2011 F-350 CC Lariat 4X4 Dually Diesel
2012 Big Country 3450TS 5th Wheel

txdutt
Explorer
Explorer
biggest thing to remember (I think the YouTube video shows it) is to turn the underbody filter housing 3 complete turns before opening up the drain--you'll also need a 36mm socket (IIRC)--the top filter will need a 10mm socket to loosen the clamp--enjoy
2011 Ford F250 Lariat C/C 6.7 PSD w/Curt 20K Lb Hitch & rear Timbrens
2013 Chevy Tahoe LT 4x4
2013 Infinity 3860MS 5'er/15.5K GVW/41'
U.S. Navy 1978-1986

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
And here's a video on how to change those filters. It's pretty easy. :B

Link
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

Drew_K
Explorer
Explorer
dieselfiltersonline is the cheapest price I found on the fuel filters. I just did this job myself on my 6.7L F250. I did it at the 20K mile mark, and the filter under the truck was pretty dirty. I'm going to swap these out at 10K miles from now on since it's such an easy job.
2013 F250 CC 4x4 Diesel
2014 Open Range Roamer Travel Trailer RT316RLS

brooks379
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the info Agesilaus.

agesilaus
Explorer III
Explorer III
They are pricy. Be careful with the o-ring on the frame filter and read the priming instructions in the truck diesel manual. You'll need it after the filter is changed. If you cannot get it primed check the tightness of the under truck filter. You need to pull it up until it hits a stop and it takes quite a bit of force. There is a YouTube video on doing the change too.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper