cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Andersen-3604 Camper Leveler

KS56
Explorer
Explorer
Just stumbled upon the 'Andersen-3604 Camper Leveler' while searching for an easier way to level my travel trailer. Sounds like a brilliant way for side to side leveling.

Not happy with the plastic 'lego' type blocks that I am presently using. I'm on my second 10 block set and they keep on breaking!

Any comments on the Andersen-3604 Camper Leveler from someone that is familiar with them would be greatly appreciated.
89 REPLIES 89

nazpaz
Explorer
Explorer
We used our Anderson Levelers for the first time today. It took me a few tries to get the hang of using them, but they did level the camper.

However, I noticed something else and wonder if anyone else has experienced this. I use between the wheels roto-chocks. Once I got the camper level I installed the chocks. For the first time, the distance in distance between the two tires on the levelers was about a half inch closer together than those on the ground on the other side. I noticed it because the tires are pretty close together on this camper in the first place and I had a hard time getting the roto-chock in between the tires.

Has anyone else experienced this - or does anyone have any thoughts on this in general?

Thanks.
-G.R. "Scott" Cundiff
Our Here and There Blog
2005 Safari Cheetah 38PDQ
--
We've visited them all (but not always with the RV)

fireman41
Explorer
Explorer
Something I have noticed is when I have it up on the anderson levelers I don't get as much movement in the camper. I was going to get a set of x chocks but I might not now.

porkchop1221
Explorer
Explorer
Just used it this past weekend and they works pretty well. I'm not a good leveler so I think I could have raised it a bit more and was too cautious. It was SO much easier than those damn blocks. And pretty much all my blocks have cracked. I also like the holey mat that they sold in the 'all inclusive' bag. You can remove most if the dirt/sand from your shoes before entering the RV.
2012 GMC 3500HD, Diesel, Crew Cab Standard Bed, SRW
2013 Cyclone 3010

Toys:
Ducati 749R
Aprilia RSV4

KS56
Explorer
Explorer
Today I took my Andersen levelers over to my neighbors house when I noticed he was sawing some boards with an elaborate table saw.
Took him a couple of minutes to lob off 1 1/2 inches from the narrow end of both of my levelers. Just got done smoothening the edges with a file.
Now they fit perfectly with room to spare between the dual axles of my Coachmen Apex 215RBK.
Before cutting them, it was difficult a few times to to pull the trailer off of them without one of the levelers getting jammed between the tires.
Problem solved, of course now the camping season is almost over!! Looking forward already to next year.
Overall, I am extremely happy with the Andersen Camper Levelers and highly recommend them.
My trailer was absolutely perfectly level all season long which really adds to the enjoyment of camping, and all with minimal effort.
---Karl

gaymeadowsman
Explorer
Explorer
The small card in the box shows that you can cut as much a 4 inches off the tip, or between the first two "holes" on the sides and not hurt the integrity of the leveler. that is how much I had to cut off to get it between my tires on my Surveyor. And it worked great this past weekend on gravel.
John 😛
Ted :R

in search of the next one
2010 Chevy Silverado Ext Cab LT
2015 Chevrolet Impala LT

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Aluminum Siding wrote:
I use to use blocks till I saw my buddy dig out some sand on the high side.
That works too!
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
chezmoose wrote:
gunner65 wrote:
You do not need to cut anything off of them. If they will not lay flat on the ground between your tires you just angle them up.

I tried this when I got home and our tires are just too close together, the wide end would NOT fit between them. I don't feel quite so bad for having DH cut it down now...
In Brookings, OR (son's 5er) they didn't fit between the tires due to uneven ground which could have been easily dug out. That was not a problem in other CGs. I suspect my son will just cut off an inch and be done with it.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
chezmoose wrote:
2oldman: Did you cut both of them to match?
No.

chezmoose
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:
gunner65 wrote:
Just drive off of them just like in the video I posted earlier. .
Yah.. I guess I don't want to drive off the big end. I cut about 2" off the small end and they work great. I really don't need 2 that often.

2oldman: Did you cut both of them to match?
DH, Me and 3 Australian Shepherds
2011 F150 EcoBoost Super Crew
"Elsa" - 2014 Skyline Eco Camp 19WQ
"Stella" - 1974 Starcraft Galaxy 6 PUP

chezmoose
Explorer
Explorer
gunner65 wrote:
You do not need to cut anything off of them. If they will not lay flat on the ground between your tires you just angle them up.

I tried this when I got home and our tires are just too close together, the wide end would NOT fit between them. I don't feel quite so bad for having DH cut it down now...
DH, Me and 3 Australian Shepherds
2011 F150 EcoBoost Super Crew
"Elsa" - 2014 Skyline Eco Camp 19WQ
"Stella" - 1974 Starcraft Galaxy 6 PUP

Aluminum_Siding
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:
Lspangler wrote:
we had a sandy site and no matter what I did the Anderson levelers would push deep into the sand,
Sometimes you just need a big piece of plywood.

We camp on the sand and soft soil quite a bit. I use to use blocks till I saw my buddy dig out some sand on the high side. Problem solved, Level!

As far as these. I'm ordering mine this week. Saw the vid they look awesome. I'm tired of replacing cracked 2x10s that never level perfect anyway.

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Lspangler wrote:
we had a sandy site and no matter what I did the Anderson levelers would push deep into the sand,
Sometimes you just need a big piece of plywood.

Lspangler
Explorer
Explorer
I've been using these levelers and like them a lot. On one of our stops this past week, we had a sandy site and no matter what I did the Anderson levelers would push deep into the sand, the lynx levelers were worse, they mostly disappeared in the soft sand. I eventually got the Anderson levelers to get us close enough for the 2 nights we were there.

Linc

gunner65
Explorer
Explorer
dee74 wrote:
I have these and just slowly drive off the high end. So far they work great without any problems. Heck the speed bumps on the way into the campground we like are probably 4 inches or higher.

Thats what Im sayin finding it comical wont ease off a 4" block. The pot holes on the highway are much harder on your TT than that. Now I would never just put it in gear and floor it but easing off is cake.

dee74
Explorer
Explorer
I have these and just slowly drive off the high end. So far they work great without any problems. Heck the speed bumps on the way into the campground we like are probably 4 inches or higher.