Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Generator on Tongue

Bought a generator for the TT and backup use at home. I think I can attach it to the tongue of my TT for trips, but wonder if there are any issues that I might be missing. Has anyone done this? Pros and Cons, please. Generator is only 100 lbs wit...

First Mountain Towing with 6.0 gas GMC

As I have posted in other Forum Topics here at RV.Net, I purchased a new 2013 GMC 6.0 (gas) 3500 SRW 8' box, Crew Cab 4.10 late last year. This was after owning a 6.0 Ford Diesel for 9 long, expensive years. My plan was to use the new truck to haul t...

Strange electrical issue

Ok, we're on our first trip of the season and I'm trying to figure out an odd electrical issue. When I hitched up the camper, the top front driving lights didn't come on, but all if the other lights did including the turn signals, so I didn't think ...

Bummer - found a tear in my roof

No camping here yet this year!! Been too wet and too busy.Looked inside today and found water, wet & stained pads, and some swelled wood. Nothing to serious I hope.Went up on the roof and found a 3 inch long tear right on the corner of the roof. Clea...

Custom built Trailer?

Does anyone know of a really good custom Travel trailer builder/manufacturer?Preferably someone highly regarded. Not horse float. With beds, kitchen etc.

Mik68 by Explorer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

2012 dodge Cummings diesel review

I have been looking at a 2012 2500 4x4 ctd, primarily to tow a fifth wheel. Dies anyone have any insight into any problems or thoughts? The chevy and fords are a lot more, this one has 4k for 36k and it will only be used for the 5th wheel and maybe s...

Palomino Puma Travel Trailer

We are seasoned RVers and we have found a 2014 Palomino Puma 30-RKSS TT that we like. We've researched the manufacturer but would appreciate anyone's opinion on the quality of this travel trailer?ThanksReno Jim

Reno_Jim by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Roof splitter...better front end aerodynamics

Big beliver here of DIY aerodynamics. The "pocket" in-between your TRUCK cab and camper cab-over is a huge source of drag and wind noise. Its like towing a parachute.A roof "splitter" will lower drag and wind buffeting considerably and its easy to ma...

Wo_ody by Explorer
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

Illegal Towing.... Triple Towing

Just got back from a county campground in northern Wisconsin. On our way out on Sunday I was walking to the trash can and an guy in his class A yelled out the window "How do you like this setup". He quickly got out and showed me his setup. It was a s...

boosTT by Explorer
  • 54 replies
  • 0 likes

covering tt tires

Probly a silly question but someone up the street has their trailer tires covered with black trash bags. Is that way as good as any to keep the sun off of them?

Well now I can cry.

We haven't even taken our new TT to the campsite. We are supposed to pull out tomorrow. Lots of rain last night. Dinette window leaked. Not the side that opens either. No noticeable seal malfunction. The entire dinette all the cushions the wood the c...

kt0819 by Explorer
  • 33 replies
  • 0 likes

Attaching porta boat to camper

Looking for ideas for attaching it to camper. Also what size outboards are you using? Which model 10 or 12ft model? Do you use it a lot or is it a pain to unload and assemble? Any input appreciated?

sway and wd

Hi Everyone!! Do I need a sway bar and weight dist for 25 foot nomad TT. Or just the WD>

wheels07 by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes