cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

First trip of the season.

jbrowning
Explorer
Explorer
Woohoo, getting ready to leave Friday for my first camping trip of the season. I will be camping at the KOA in Colorado City. Low Friday of 26 shouldn't bother me with the heat going in the trailer. I can't wait for Friday to get here. ๐Ÿ™‚

Jim
2001 Dodge Ram 1500 5.9 Ltr Extended Cab 4x4
1971 21ft Terry Travel Trailer
17 REPLIES 17

jbrowning
Explorer
Explorer
Wow, what a great weekend. Wind gusts all weekend but didn't put a damper on the weekend. So nice and relaxing and sunny. Highs in the mid to upper 60's. I really enjoyed it. Got back home around noon Sunday and winterized the trailer because there are a few nights it is suppose to be in the mid 20's at night. I can't wait to go out camping again.

Jim
2001 Dodge Ram 1500 5.9 Ltr Extended Cab 4x4
1971 21ft Terry Travel Trailer

hawkeye-08
Explorer III
Explorer III
We went out for our first trip the first week of March, it was fine. Dumped the fresh water and opened low point drains because we are still hitting mid 20s sometimes at night... not sure when we'll go out again, but hoping to soon...

Doug33
Explorer
Explorer
Hope to get the TT dewinterized this weekend and off on my first trip the following weekend!
2014 Keystone Bullet 281BHS
2002 Chevy Avalanche 5.3L 4x4
Equalizer hitch
Nights spent camping in 2015: 25
Next trip: mid-April 2016?

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
when does (did) the season begin?

First camping of the new year was on new year's day... second was early march, third was this past weekend (de-winterized but I might rewinterwize, 20s in the forecast...)

I love empty (almost so) campgrounds ๐Ÿ™‚
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
I made the first trip of the season this weekend. I didn't de-winterize I just used a porta-potti and bottled water.

Passin_Thru
Explorer
Explorer
Go to Ft Worth, leave Va 17th via Little Rock & Marshall Tx , Okla 24th and Va on the 29. I photograph trains as a hobby. Having small problems, 1 with hot wire to slider switch not being hot and corrosion beneath propane tanks. Put Naval Jelly on them. Will prime and paint next week.

Danford50
Explorer
Explorer
we had our first camping trip back in March a four night stay at myrtle beach travel park, it was also our first time with our brand new camper.

oldcat1
Explorer
Explorer
Have had the trailer cover on since New Years (had some health issues that kept us "grounded" this winter). Short trip to a local lake next week to make sure everything is A-OK. Then a month on the Oregon coast in May. Four different state parks. Can't wait! Safe travels.
2013 GMC Sierra 2500HD 6.0
2014 Surveyor Sport 220RBS

jonmad
Explorer
Explorer
jbrowning wrote:
Woohoo, getting ready to leave Friday for my first camping trip of the season. I will be camping at the KOA in Colorado City. Low Friday of 26 shouldn't bother me with the heat going in the trailer. I can't wait for Friday to get here. ๐Ÿ™‚

Jim

Have a great time and be safe...

goatrancher
Explorer
Explorer
We are heading out Monday to Big Bend National Park. We were last there in the summer 1966. Looking forward to our first trip of 2015.

HJGyswyt
Explorer
Explorer
We are heading out the following weekend to Fildalgo Bay RV Resort near Anacortez WA. Looking forward to a long weekend away from home and chores. Report back in with pictures when you get back.
2003 GMC 2500HD CC Longbox SW/2002 Wilcat Bunkhouse 30'
/1987 Western Wildderness 11' Alpine Truck Camper/1971 MacGregor Venture Sailboat

Rig Pictures, click on this link.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tallpaulgould
Explorer
Explorer
We're heading out next weekend to the Hershey Park Campround for our first trip of the season AND the first trip in our Jayco JayFlight 29BHS. Can't wait!

Pat___Karen
Explorer
Explorer
One week and counting until our first trip of the season. We are soooooo looking forward to it.

Pat
17 Ram 3500 SLT Big Horn CCLB CTD 6 speed auto
17 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
63 DH Fire Fighter 33 years
63 DW 1st Grade Teacher 12 years
95 DD Equestrian 10 years
2005 Ddog
2013 Other Ddog

janstey
Explorer
Explorer
We got out for our 1st last weekend and had a great time! Going out again this weekend to a local SP.
JeffA and KimA
2009 Fleetwood Bounder 35H (Workhorse Chassis) / with two slides
2003 Jeep Liberty toad, all 4 down w/brake buddy