cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Interesting trip to say the least

Buzzcut1
Nomad II
Nomad II
Ok so maybe its just not in the cards for me to have a "normal" road trip..

this was supposed to be a short mellow jaunt about two hours from the house

all my fishing gear stashed in the show of the dry bath

Heading out

Mandatory side trip to stock up on Bacon and Sausage

on the backroads of Californias central valley

at the Barn

getting the young filly ready to ride

just starting out

about 10 minutes later, Houston we have a problem

helmet did its job but Ruth has one sore butt

So we finally ended up at the lake after the side tip to the Doc just to make sure.

I hustled to get my gear together determined to get in even a few minutes of fly fishing with a bass popper

I hopped in the float tube and kicked across a finger of the lake to fish the reeds

The sunset out on the water was awesome

Although I didn't catch any fish I still whipped up a great dinner. Marinated Lamb Chops on brown rice served with a Kale salad with sliced pears, mango, apple, grapes, and cranberry's topped with a yogurt dressing

The next morning was crisp and clear

Jake enjoyed his breakfast while I had my coffee

Then we had our breakfast

you could see the snow capped Sierras from our site

The stacks of the decommissioned Rancho Seco nuclear power plant

heading out

Waiting on the train

having fun

SF Bay

Somewhere on the road after hitting big bump I lost all power to the lance, no running lights no brake or turn signals. so we stopped unhooked the tiedowns lifted the TC up on the jacks and I pulled a few feet forward. Yup the cord popped out of the socket, simple fix, plug it back in and reload.

I'm such a glutton for punishment, as is the wife that we are going back next weekend to do it again (without coming off and greaking a helmet)
2011 F350 6.7L Diesel 4x4 CrewCab longbed Dually, 2019 Lance 1062, Torqlift Talons, Fast Guns, upper and lower Stable Loads, Super Hitch, 48" Super Truss, Airlift loadlifter 5000 extreme airbags
25 REPLIES 25

BobTowne
Explorer
Explorer
Good report. Good thing the wife's okay. Boy, you sure look determined in the "ready to go" picture - much more relaxed in the remaining ones - GREAT! Thanks for the report.
GreatWhite
2004 Dodge Ram 3500 Quadcab Dually
2004 Alpenlite Santa Fe 1150

Buzzcut1
Nomad II
Nomad II
Came home to Ruth just finishing doing an hour long workout on the elliptical trainer...she kicks butt.
2011 F350 6.7L Diesel 4x4 CrewCab longbed Dually, 2019 Lance 1062, Torqlift Talons, Fast Guns, upper and lower Stable Loads, Super Hitch, 48" Super Truss, Airlift loadlifter 5000 extreme airbags

kohldad
Explorer III
Explorer III
Seems like a typical trip to me. Something always seems to go wrong but a good time is still the usual end result.

Glad it was just a ground impact and not a hoof impact on top of it. Always careful and know things do happen around horses, but the risk are so worth it to those who enjoy horses.

Thanks for sharing the report.
2015 Ram 3500 4x4 Crew Cab SRW 6.4 Hemi LB 3.73 (12.4 hand calc avg mpg after 92,000 miles with camper)
2004 Lance 815 (prev: 2004 FW 35'; 1994 TT 30'; Tents)

Yeti_plus
Explorer
Explorer
Why do I read your posts after eating, now I am hungry again!!
Glad to hear Ruth was okay and she only broke the helmet not like the other report when she broke her leg! Looks like she healed up from that trip.
The Bigfoot is in the back yard and I would have to take the snowblower about 150 feet to get to it through 2 or 2 1/2 feet of snow,:( so your trip report keeps me thinking of late April or May when I can get to either the trailer or camper.
Thanks for posting.
Brian
2014 Chevrolet 3500 CC 4X4 Duramax, Tork Lift Tiedowns, TorkLift Fastguns, Superhitch and supertruss
2009 Jayco 213 SOLD
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4

NVR2L82AV8
Explorer
Explorer
Great trip report. Or, should I say, "GIDDYUP!"

Glad the fall wasn't serious. I fell off a horse into a compound arm fracture at 12. It was not fun!

I gotta get up there and do some fishing--man the water shots looked inviting!
2013 AF 990
2003 F350 6.0L 4X4 DRW, Oil bypass filter, Coolant Filter, Blue Spring fuel pressure mod, DELO ELC, DashBoss Bluetooth engine monitor, EGT/FP gauge, SuperSprings, torklift hitch/tiedowns, 48" SuperTruss, fastguns, Kenwood CMOS Backup Camera.

67avion
Explorer II
Explorer II
What a terrific and personal trip report that you shared. I really, really enjoyed the energy and enthusiasm for the TC.

Camper_Jeff___K
Nomad II
Nomad II
You always have the best food. Glad your wife is ok. I guess she might be a bit stiff for a few days. This is a new horse to you guys still being trained isn't it. Just be a little more guarded around it and stay safe. Enjoyed the pictures.

jmckelvy
Explorer
Explorer
Nice trip and good report. Thanks for posting.

You sure do eat well looks delicious. Are you a chef as well as a medic? ๐Ÿ™‚
06 RAM 3500,Dually,CTD,Auto(ATS Stage 1),QC,4X4,PacBrake,Spyntec Freespin Hubs,60 Gal Titan Tank,EFI Live, Line-X,Torklifts and SuperHitch,Fastguns
2013 Arctic Fox 990, 275 Watts Solar, 2 Grp 31 AGMs
US Navy 1964-1968, 2-Tour Vietnam Vet

jmtandem
Explorer II
Explorer II
One nice thing about most of California is that the RV/camping season is all year.
'05 Dodge Cummins 4x4 dually 3500 white quadcab auto long bed.

Buzzcut1
Nomad II
Nomad II
Farmerjon wrote:
We are glad that Ruth had no serious injuries and you were able to continue and have a good trip "after the side trip to the Doc".
What did the damage to the helmet? I assume it wasn't the soft ground. A hoof, arena wall or post?
We enjoy your posts.
Jon and Loretta

ground impact cracked the helmet. It was a good hit.

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have always heard that camping makes memories - I guess some memories are going to be bigger than others...

Enjoy it all when you can...

Enjoyed the trip report and photos...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

Bigfootchevy
Explorer
Explorer
Looks like you had a great camping trip. My camper is buried in snow and will be for another month at least, but I am glad someone out there is camping and having fun.

Paul

Farmerjon
Explorer
Explorer
We are glad that Ruth had no serious injuries and you were able to continue and have a good trip "after the side trip to the Doc".
What did the damage to the helmet? I assume it wasn't the soft ground. A hoof, arena wall or post?
We enjoy your posts.
Jon and Loretta
2015 F350 Lariat CC LB 4x4 DRW 6.7, 6sp auto, 3.73
2000 F350 lariat SC LB 4x4 DRW 7.3, 6sp manual 3.73
1987 F250 Lariat SC/LB 4x4 SRW 460 4sp stick 4.10
1995 Jeep wrangler
99 Star Craft 953

the_tc_life
Explorer
Explorer
happy to hear the mrs is a-okay. i had the same thing happen with my lights on the camper on a trip a couple months ago. my lights worked...somewhat. acted like a short. after investigating with a multimeter (on a frigid day at our nights stop spot i must add) for a few minutes i was stumped. i then checked the cord and yep...it was slightly pulled out. making some contact but not completely.

thanks for sharing your trip and let me know when dinner time is okay.
2010 adventurer 810ws
1999 c3500 dually 12' flatbed

THE TC LIFE