cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Its Official! The Wife and I Are Now Truck Campers!

misterpat1975
Explorer
Explorer
After much research and searching, My wife and I decided to look into buying a Polomino Bronco 1251. It fit our needs pretty much. I started getting the truck ready for it and had questions. I registered here and talked to a bunch of knowledgeable folks about wiring my truck. I shared my thoughts on the Polomino and was made aware of the poor construction.

I then made the right choice in my mind. The Polomino was out of the question. It had to be a Northstar 850sc. I searched the internet for a nice used one and saw a few out west, but nothing close enough to me to warrant the drive.

I was getting bummed out, but then the wife and I decided to spend the money on a nice new 2012 left over from Truck Camper Warehouse. Its only 4 hours from our house. So I called up Bill and got the wheels rolling. We financed and Bill took care of everything. Very painless.

Drove up there and was very early. Upon Arrival, the crew up there had our camper inside, going over everything and cleaning it from top to bottom. What was a great convenience is not only do they stock campers, but any supply You may need. We left the shop, since we were early, and went for lunch.

After we returned, they were ready for us. put the camper on the truck checked everything and we were good to go. Very easy.

But it doesn't stop there. Bill offered us to stay the night at the shop in the camper to test everything out. When I say the camper was ready to roll, we had a full water tank, full cassette toilet tank, deodorizer for the cassette black tank, sewer dump hose, fresh water hose, pressure regulator and some really nice folding steps to get into the camper. Oh, and a brand new deep cycle and full tank of propane.

We decided to stay and actually pulled up some chairs in the shop and BS'ed for a few hours. The crew up there are super cool. After it started to get past dinner time, We packed up the truck and headed into town for some supplies. We saw a pizzeria in the shopping plaza lot that offered free delivery. So, after returning to Truck Camper Warehouse and setting up "Camp", we called for pizza delivery and they delivered it right to the camper! Great pizza too!

Got up the next morning and double checked everything. Everything in the camper worked as it should, so we dropped the top, rolled up the power cord they let us use and headed home.

All in all, I am one "Happy Camper"! The camper never even got unloaded as its going out for its first real trip this coming weekend.

Thanks to all the guys at Truck Camper Warehouse and all of the follow members on here for steering me in the right direction toward the Northstar. Hope to run into some members at some North East campgrounds.

2005 F-250 CrewCab Shortbox V-10
2012 Northstar 850SC
30 REPLIES 30

pa_traveler
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats

69_Avion
Explorer
Explorer
Congratulations on the new camper. I'll bet that you will have some great memories in that rig.
Ford F-350 4x4 Diesel
1988 Avion Triple Axle Trailer
1969 Avion C-11 Camper

spacedoutbob
Explorer
Explorer
Congratulations on Your New Camper! Very nice setup! May You and Your Family, Have Many Happy Adventures with Your New Camper.

Bob in Calif.
Good Sam Club Life Member

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
That is a nice looking rig and a very good camper choice. Good luck and happy trails .

B n D

woodhog
Explorer
Explorer
Hope you enjoy your Northstar ownership as much as we do.

You dealt with the best truck camper dealership on the East Coast , smart move.
2004.5 Dodge 4x4 SRW Diesel, 245/70R19.5 Michelin XDS2, Bilstein Shocks
Torklift Stable loads, BD Steering Stabilizer Bar, Superchips "TOW" Programed,Rickson 19.5 wheels

2006 8.5 Northstar Arrow, 3 Batteries 200 Watts Solar,
12 Volt DC Fridge.

Bigfeets
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats and welcome to the club! Now lets see some pics of the interior and be sure to get some on your inaugural camping trip.

DWeikert
Explorer II
Explorer II
Congratulations! Welcome to the family of happy Northstar owners.

One question. Have you stopped grinning yet?
๐Ÿ™‚

Dan
Dan
2008 Chevy D/A 2500HD ECSB
2010 Northstar 8.5 Adventurer

Steeljag
Explorer
Explorer
Very nice.....enjoy!
2018 Forester 3011DS
2010 Flagstaff 26RLS (Sold)
2012 Ford F-150 Screw Ecoboost H/D 3.73
1930 CCC
Going where the weather suits my clothes !

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats! Thanks for sharing.
Enjoy your travels.

SugarHillCTD
Explorer
Explorer
Patrick,

Congratulations. We had an 850SC for a few years.

You made 2 very good decisions- Northstar and Bill at Truck Camper Warehouse.

Many happy miles and comfortable camping.

John
John & Cathy
'12 Chevy 2500HD CC 4x4 sb
'16 Cougar 25RKS w/ Andersen rail mount
'13 Eagle Cap 850 (sold). B4 that a few other TCs and a TT

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
Congratulations! Have fun!

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

d3500ram
Explorer III
Explorer III
Congrats...!

...and X2 on what Feet said:

Itchey Feet wrote:
...caution you on (ONE) thing, voice of experience here --- Prior to any time you use the cassette, open the flush valve prior to use --- we did experience the FACT that under changing barometric pressure that the enclosed tank can become slightly pressurised and can cause the contents above the valve to suddenly (blow back). JMHO
Sold the TC, previous owner of 2 NorthStar pop-ups & 2 Northstar Arrows...still have the truck:

2005 Dodge 3500 SRW, Qcab long bed, NV-6500, diesel, 4WD, Helwig, 9000XL,
Nitto 285/70/17 Terra Grapplers, Honda eu3000Is, custom overload spring perch spacers.

DesertHawk
Explorer
Explorer
Nice looking Rig, Congrats!
Happy Camping.
:CDesertHawk- Las Cruces, NM USA
*2015 Lance 1985~Casita de Campo~23' 4" Tongue to Bumper, Dinette Slide
160 watt Solar Panel/GoPower! Solar Controller
*2009 White Ford F-150 Reg. Cab
Long Bed with A.R.E. Molded Fiberglass Topper
*Previously~ 2005 16' Scamp

Itchey_Feet
Explorer
Explorer
Congratulations, will caution you on (ONE) thing, voice of experience here --- Prior to any time you use the cassette, open the flush valve prior to use --- we did experience the FACT that under changing barometric pressure that the enclosed tank can become slightly pressurised and can cause the contents above the valve to suddenly (blow back). JMHO
My feet are fine as long as they are traveling.

dennisgt60
Explorer
Explorer
Very nice!!
2012 F-250 XLT, 6.2L, 4x4, CC, Standard Bed, 10,000lb. GVWR, 3.73 Axle.
Truck CAT Wt. 7,120 lbs.
Stated payload max. 2,881 lbs.
2015 Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8282ws.