cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just had a brainstorm - how about a survey!

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
I just had a brainstorm when reading through the posts here.

So here's my question. We have two groups of folks on these forums: Those who exclusively blow out their water lines when winterizing and those who use the "pink stuff". For purposes of this survey, if you use a combination of blow and pink, you're still using the pink stuff.

Here's my curiosity: Is it because of the pink-stuff (taste, chemicals, or whatever) you do not drink from your own system?

So here's the survey question:

Do you "blow-out" or "pink-up" to winterize. And the second response, when you have de-winterized your system in the spring, do you drink or not drink from your camper?

If you do not drink from your own camper's water system, why?

Let's have fun folks, no jabbing each other, please?

I'll start:

Pink-up and drink. (I'm too old and too cheap to buy bottled water so I drink - but I did buy an in-line water filter this year too)
129 REPLIES 129

kmwaterboy
Explorer
Explorer
I like the pink stuff;) Just drop a small submersible pump in a 5 gal bucket, hook the hose to the water inlet, add a little pink stuff and plug the pump in and go around to all the faucets,toilet,water heater. What ever is left over in the bucket pour back into the jug for next time. And we flush the lines well before using any water come spring.

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
I'll wait till November 10 (Sunday) for more folks to respond, and then do a repost of the statistics for this thread. 🙂

Jframpey
Explorer
Explorer
Blow, pink, and drink.

But no drink before sanitizing with chlorine and then baking soda. I also put in a carbon filter.

kearlms
Explorer
Explorer
Do you "blow-out" or "pink-up" to winterize? We do both.

And the second response, when you have de-winterized your system in the spring, do you drink or not drink from your camper? Don't generally drink from the tanks. Not that we haven't but the DW likes bottled better.

If you do not drink from your own camper's water system, why? DW likes bottled.

ripperoo
Explorer
Explorer
I blow first, then inject the pink. Will drink, but usually use bottled.
2012 Ford F250 Super Duty, SC 4x4 XLT, 6.2L, 3.73 gears
2011 Keystone Sprinter Select 29BH

jdfello
Explorer
Explorer
Blow, pink & sanitize but very seldom drink.
jdfello

DE88ROX
Explorer
Explorer
pink stuff and no drink.
I dont even like the taste of the water from my home faucet.
[COLOR=]TV- 2010 GMC Sierra Z71 EXT. cab
TT- 2012 Starcraft Autumn Ridge235fb

FrantzFam
Explorer
Explorer
I use pink every year, and drink occasionally using the CG hookups. It depends on the taste at the CG. We never camp unless we have H2O hookups. I did drink straight from the pink jug to prove to DW it was safe. Had to chase it with something else tho.;)
Me'73 DW'?? DS'01 DD'05
"Campin' Dog" Boxer'08
"Campin' Pup" Schizon'11
2013 Springdale 303BH

States we've camped in:

thewhitehat
Explorer
Explorer
Still kinda undecided, but last year I blew out the lines, used pink in the traps, and I do drink from the faucet (with an attached filter).
2013 Keystone Cougar 30FKV
2008 F250 Lariat Crew Cab
Holding 'er steady with a Hensley Arrow Hitch
Running Maxxis ST225/75R 15E at 80 psi
Wife, son, dog, me

JesLookin
Explorer
Explorer
pink - sanitize - and drink
2013 Arctic Fox 27-5L
2014 Ram 3500 6.7L CTD, Crew Cab

camsa5
Explorer
Explorer
Pink, Sanitize, 3 stage water filter system and then drink.
- 2013 Skyline Layton Joey 310 - (six bunks,3 slides)
- 2007 Coachmen Clipper 1272ST - (Pop-Up)

Ken_O
Explorer
Explorer
Pink and drink.
Silverado 250HD '07 Duramax
2017 Jayflight 21QB

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
pink - sanitize - and drink from tap
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

Tvov
Explorer
Explorer
Pink and no drink. BUT...

We use a Brita water filter jug that we fill from the kitchen faucet in the camper. So we don't drink directly from the camper's plumbing. After 10 years, I still swear our camper's water has a "plastic" taste from the plumbing, which is why we use the filter jug.

2012Coleman
Explorer II
Explorer II
I do neither. I don't have to winterize - in fact, I have no idea what that is all about... 😛
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS