cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Keystone Bullet Premier

CampinEarls
Explorer
Explorer
We are seriously looking at buying a 31BHPR. It pretty much has everything we are looking for in a TT, the only cons we can think of with it is, it has curtains instead of solid doors for the bedroom and bunkhouse....that's about it.

Maybe because this one is so new, But i'm having a hard time finding any reviews or testimonials about them.

This is our first TT, i've rented a couple times and that makes us realize we want our own, we've been researching for months and have narrowed it down to this one.

Is there anyone out there that has any experience with the Bullet line that can give me their opinions?

Thanks!
2009 Chevy Z71 CrewCab
2010 Bullet Premier 31BHPR
1,884 REPLIES 1,884

GaryWT
Explorer
Explorer
Robinsonfam wrote:
Hey all,
New to forum but thanks for all the great info. We are taking delivery tomorrow of our 22RBPR and are very excited. We are a bit concerned with all the reported axle problems. I apologize if this has been answered (only made it through the first 141 pages so far) but does anyone know if Keystone has fixed this recurring problem? We are getting a 2014 model so I am hopeful as our first trip is about 1,000 miles next week. We probably should have planned a bit better but didn't expect major problems that I couldn't fix myself on a brand new trailer.

Thanks again for all the great information on this forum.

My understanding is the 2013 and up models have bigger axles, mine have the 3 inch axles so I do not expect problems.
ME '63, DW 64, (DS 89 tents on his own, DD 92 not so much), DS 95
2013 Premier Bullet 31 BHPR 2014 F350 Crew Cab 6.2L 3.73

CampinEarls
Explorer
Explorer
The shower surround is supposed to be unsealed at the bottom, there is no way for water to go under that and up over the lip of the tub behind the surround.

My shower leaked onto the floor while camping one weekend, but I figured out it was because I had it pretty unlevel, nose high i think, it was one of the first times using the TT. I've never had the problem again. Maybe it's because I'm more careful about where the shower head is facing and stuff....
2009 Chevy Z71 CrewCab
2010 Bullet Premier 31BHPR

Doug33
Explorer
Explorer
My only concern about our shower is water getting out of the enclosure and on to the floor. It seems the curtain doesn't do a great job in sealing off the water, so it runs on to the floor. I place towels at the edge of the tub to prevent water from running on to the floor.
2014 Keystone Bullet 281BHS
2002 Chevy Avalanche 5.3L 4x4
Equalizer hitch
Nights spent camping in 2015: 25
Next trip: mid-April 2016?

kirklandsc
Explorer
Explorer
SGardiner wrote:
CampinEarls wrote:
bulletcaper wrote:
I recently purchased the Bullet 281BHS, and on our first trip out last weekend I noticed the shower water leaking onto the floor. There was no caulking where the walls and tub meet. While an easy fix (caulking), I was wondering if anyone had the same results with the shower.

Otherwise I experience to date has been a good one!

i was just looking at ours this afternoon, our shower has no sealant from the tub to the shower walls either. Glad you posted this cause I probably wouldn't have noticed it till it leaked all over the floor!
Thanks!

We were told during our walk through not to seal between the tower and the tub. This is intentionally left unsealed to allow for expansion and contraction. Apparently the top of the tub extends up behind the shower wall. We were told that the shower surround will shatter due to expansion / contraction during the winter months if this gap is sealed.

I was told the same thing. It is a 1 piece unit and caulking that would cause you problems. I have not had any leaks and we have used the shower probably 30 times on our 31bhpr.
2013 Keystone Bullet Premier 31 BHPR
2013 Ford F-250 Supercrew 4x4 6.2L gasser (10,000GVWR)

SGardiner
Explorer
Explorer
CampinEarls wrote:
bulletcaper wrote:
I recently purchased the Bullet 281BHS, and on our first trip out last weekend I noticed the shower water leaking onto the floor. There was no caulking where the walls and tub meet. While an easy fix (caulking), I was wondering if anyone had the same results with the shower.

Otherwise I experience to date has been a good one!

i was just looking at ours this afternoon, our shower has no sealant from the tub to the shower walls either. Glad you posted this cause I probably wouldn't have noticed it till it leaked all over the floor!
Thanks!

We were told during our walk through not to seal between the tower and the tub. This is intentionally left unsealed to allow for expansion and contraction. Apparently the top of the tub extends up behind the shower wall. We were told that the shower surround will shatter due to expansion / contraction during the winter months if this gap is sealed.

cruise-ader
Explorer
Explorer
I know. I have bought more new vehicles than i can count on both hands. I know the game. Just posting my experience.
They tried to blame me for "throwing away a great deal". I told him he was throwing away a great deal.
I'm the buyer, if it's not what I want to pay, not a great deal for me. I will walk away over a dollar. I win either way.

SabreCanuck
Explorer
Explorer
cruise-ader wrote:
Spent a couple of hours at the local rv dealer with my wife yesterday. Had our minds set on the 31bhpr.
Dealer has one 2013 model left, and no 2014 models yet. It's exactly what my wife wants.
But, I got tired of the games with the back and forth with the "fish bowl".
I went by the other day by myself, put a very small deposit. So on the way yesterday, my wife called the bank and got us pre approved for X amount. These guys were playing the game. So when they asked what I was willing to pay, I said, X amount and I want the hitch and brake controller. They would not throw it in.
So, we walked away. It was actually funny, them trying to blame me for not taking the deal, I turned that around on them pretty quick. Kind of glad, give me some time to think about, if I really want the TT or not.

You'll never get a better deal than "willing to walk away" pricing.. my bet is unless you did/said something in the "turned it around pretty quick" they'll be calling you in a couple of days... Not to worry tough, there are a lot of dealers out there that have them, just need to find one within a few hundred miles and go get it there.

We bought ours about 1200 miles away and made a vacation/camping trip out of the pickup of it. One of the best trips we've been on. LOL.
2011 GMC 2500 D-Max Denali
2015 Palomino Columbus 325RL
Our kids have 4 legs. ๐Ÿ™‚

cruise-ader
Explorer
Explorer
Spent a couple of hours at the local rv dealer with my wife yesterday. Had our minds set on the 31bhpr.
Dealer has one 2013 model left, and no 2014 models yet. It's exactly what my wife wants.
But, I got tired of the games with the back and forth with the "fish bowl".
I went by the other day by myself, put a very small deposit. So on the way yesterday, my wife called the bank and got us pre approved for X amount. These guys were playing the game. So when they asked what I was willing to pay, I said, X amount and I want the hitch and brake controller. They would not throw it in.
So, we walked away. It was actually funny, them trying to blame me for not taking the deal, I turned that around on them pretty quick. Kind of glad, give me some time to think about, if I really want the TT or not.

RainbowsEnd
Explorer
Explorer
Welcome to all the new Premier family! It has been awhile since I've been on. Our camper is on a seasonal site for a few years now. It honestly looks as good as the day we got it. We noticed a slight leak in one side of our storage door. I know I mentioned this before and others have had this problem also. We are just getting around to maybe replacing the door seal. We have checked the camper for being level,tightened the locks etc. This doesn't happen with each rain so either a directional problem or runoff around the lip which doesn't make sense when you look at the door.

Anyone with suggestions on where or what type of storage door seal gasket to purchase? Thanks and Happy Camping!
F250 Diesel Lariat
Laissez les bons temps rouler!

mom2countrykids
Explorer
Explorer
We just replaced our axles. One of them was bent we discovered on our last trip, when we had a blowout. ๐Ÿ˜ž My dh went with much heavier axles and larger tires so that he could get a heavier duty tire.

We also just replaced the mattress in ours. We went with a futon mattress that had great reviews on Amazon instead of a RV mattress. It was less than $100. We haven't spent the night yet, but it feels great. We did lose about 2 inches in width, but felt it was a worth the trade off.

Last year we changed out the bottom bunk and the pull out for three fold out cushions from Amazon. This has been great. We can put three people in the bottom bunk space. When we are ready to travel they fold into the bunk space like a thick mattress out of the way.

talonguy
Explorer
Explorer
Robinsonfam wrote:
Hey all,
New to forum but thanks for all the great info. We are taking delivery tomorrow of our 22RBPR and are very excited. We are a bit concerned with all the reported axle problems. I apologize if this has been answered (only made it through the first 141 pages so far) but does anyone know if Keystone has fixed this recurring problem? We are getting a 2014 model so I am hopeful as our first trip is about 1,000 miles next week. We probably should have planned a bit better but didn't expect major problems that I couldn't fix myself on a brand new trailer.

I have always been concerned about this myself. I have a 2012 31BHPR, and I have not had the 'bent' axle problem myself. I did just have both replaced though due to a brake problem less than a year after purchase. I really didn't think the entire axle assemblies needed to be replaced, but Keystone and the dealer thought otherwise. Not sure why. However, I do have two new axles now.

Robinsonfam
Explorer
Explorer
Hey all,

Ricos_Ride
Explorer
Explorer
coobrey wrote:
So my family and I were out in the middle of Alaska, no cell reception kind of place, and when bringing in the main slide out of our 31BHPR we heard a loud thump and the slide out stopped in its tracks. I went outside and saw one of the lower cables had a bunch of slack on it. I went back inside and looked above the slide and saw that the In and Out cable connections had locked up on each other and snapped one bolt on the In connector and bent another one. Luckily I was able to reach up there with vice grips, pliers, socket, etc. and was able to get it back enough to get the slide back into place. I did notice that on the other set of In and Out cables, that things were getting loose and I will have to tighten up the nuts.

Hope this hasn't happened to anyone else. You may want to take a look at those cables when your slide out's are in the 'in' position and make sure they haven't twisted themselves together. The design has these In and Out cable connectors bypassing each other when the slides go in and out and it looks like they have the ability to hook up on each other.

That is definitely an issue to keep your eye on. My 2012 29RTPR was making occasional thump noise both extending and retracting. One time the thump became a loud bang and the cable snapped on the left side. It was almost all the way in and I was able to go outside and push hard and move it the last few inches. Took it to a dealer for warranty repair
2012 Keystone Bullet Premier 29RTPR
2004 Chevy Avalanche 1500 Z71
Andersen WD hitch
Tekonsha Prodigy P3
Progressive Industries EMSHW30C Surge Protector
MaxxFan Ventillation Fan
WiFiRanger GO with Mobile amplified antenna
TireTraker TPMS
Rico, my Havanese Dog

Caboose66
Explorer
Explorer
Excellent. Thanks very much for the quick reply.

coobrey
Explorer
Explorer
Caboose66 wrote:
Can anyone shed some light (pun intended) on the frameless windows in the 31BHPR? I'm wondering which ones open and how?... are they crank outs that open up at the bottom, slides, or what. Any pictures of the windows specifically would be much appreciated, but just a written explanation would be great as well.

Thanks in advance, Dean

Dean, they are all awning style windows (crank out from the bottom) except for the one window on the side of the main slide which is a slider.