Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Sad news from Janet Curley...

Nemo667
Explorer
Explorer
Hello Ben and Tory,

This is Janet. I very much regret having to tell you that Don passed away on February 12th due to a pulmonary embolism. It was very sudden and a big shock, and I still cannot believe it. Don enjoyed sharing and trading "words of wisdom" with many people on several forums. Don was a very special person and I know he will be missed by many. We had been married for 33 years and I have a wealth of wonderful memories. Don grew up in Southern California and I plan to take his ashes there at a later date.

Janet Curley

Tory & Don at Yankee Boy Basin this past September

Tory & Janet

Don Janet and Steve in 29 camping off Salt Vally Road Moab UT

Tory Don Janet & Shin Arches NP

Don & Steve discussing a geological feature at Arches NP

Steve Shin Tory Lynn & Dave night before starting the White Rim Trail with Don & Janet in the lead. Dave & Lynn were off to Top of The World Trail the next morning.

Thanks for the memories Don...

White Rim Trail

San Juan Mountains trip report...

Ben & Tory
2007 F-350 SRW 6.0L CC SB 4X4
2006 Outfitter Apex 8, 220W Solar and 3 AGM's
2013 Jeep Rubicon
72 REPLIES 72

HHfundays
Explorer
Explorer
I'm so sorry for your loss. He added a great deal to this forum helping others. His wisdom will be missed.
Happy Trails...

c_traveler2
Nomad
Nomad
I'm sad to hear about the passing of Don, he was very helpful in the planning of my first trip on the White Rim Trail in Canyonlands, he will be missed.
2007 F-250 4x4 /6.0 PSD/ext cab/ 2020 Bunduvry

Lance 815/ 85 watts solar panel (sold)
2020 Bunduvry by BundutecUSA

Travelingman2 Photo Website
Truck Camper Trip Reports 3.0
travelingman21000 YouTube Videos
Alex and Julie's Travels Blog

Raften
Explorer
Explorer
Like others Don and I did some PM's about Dodges. I feel like I have lost a friend, so sorry to hear the news, he will be missed.
'01 Dodge 3500 CTD, Lance 1121, Air Bags, Rancho 9000, All Wheels Under Power When Needed, A Few Engine Mods For Increased HP

Burning Grease, 800 ft/lbs. of torque from something you throw away.

mountainkowboy
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry to hear.......prayers
Chuck & Ruth with 4-legged Molly
2007 Tiffin Allegro 30DA
2011 Ford Ranger
1987 HD FLHTP

magic43
Explorer
Explorer
My condolences go to Janet and family. Don was a good friend that I never had an opportunity to meet.

The RV community has lost a trooper.
magic43

MKish
Explorer II
Explorer II
So sorry to hear that. He was a very nice online presence and will be missed.

Ramblin_Recks
Explorer
Explorer
We are very sorry for your loss.
George and Ann
2012 Dodge 3500, SLT Big Horn,CC,DRW,Cummins HO, EB ,4x4,3:73, Retrax Pro, Q20
2014 Cedar Creek, 36CKTS, 640W Solar, MPPT60, Magnum 2000
Retired Army, but still working....until 2016

seldomseensmith
Explorer II
Explorer II
What a shock to read your news...... I am very saddened to hear of Dons passing, and I offer my sincerest condolences as you come to terms with the incredible loss you must feel. Although I never met Don personally, we exchanged multiple private messages, and it was obvious we share a deep and abiding love for the incredible beauty of the region we call home.

I have enjoyed each and every narrative that you and Don have blessed with us here on RV.net, and I hope the memories you keep of the good times will help you through this very challenging time. May you be at peace knowing that many of us here will keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

Eric
The Road Goes Ever On

2008 F250 SD 4x4 Supercab, Detroit TrueTrac, Hellwig LP 35, 2006 Outfitter Caribou 6.5

Spott
Explorer
Explorer

msiminoff
Explorer II
Explorer II
I am deeply saddened by the news of Don's passing.
May the memories of Don always be a blessing upon his family and all who knew and loved him.
-Mark
'04 Alpenlite Saratoga 935, 328W of solar, 300Ah Odyssey batt's, Trimetric, Prosine 2.0
05 Ram3500, Cummins,Vision 19.5 w/M729F's, Dynatrac Hubs, RR airbags w/ping tanks, Superhitch, Roadmaster Swaybar, Rancho RS9000XL
The Overlhander Blog

3_tons
Explorer
Explorer
Very sad news...We'd PM'd a couple of times way back (Dodge stuff...), and it was easy for me to tell that good 'ol Don enjoyed being out on the western trail and sharing his learned wisdom with others. I'd hoped some day to have a face to face with Don, yet I think now a possiblity still, come the next Highest Realm where every 4x4 trail finally gets Perfected!

Respectfully,

3 tons

nycsteve
Explorer
Explorer
Very sorry for your loss.

Reddog1
Explorer II
Explorer II
I am sorry to see Don has passed. It would appear he did not go through a long period of suffering, and that is good.

Don contributed a lot to the Forum, and he will be missed.

Wayne

2004.5 Ram SLT LB 3500 DRW Quad Cab 4x4
1988 Bigfoot (C11.5) TC (1900# w/standard equip. per decal), 130 watts solar, 100 AH AGM, Polar Cub A/C, EU2000i Honda

Toad: 91 Zuke

bka0721
Explorer II
Explorer II
Turning on my computer this morning is like any other time; I look forward to learning about many of you and your adventures. With a short hike completed this morning, I was still in the euphoric โ€œzoneโ€ of a great adventure on the trail. All of this feeling is gone now, as I read about the passing of another one of my inspirations, for my continuing adventures. While I never met Don, he was certainly one I had plans on meeting, one day. There are a few of you, as you share your own adventures, I pull out a pencil and map, to record some of your thoughts and places you have explored. Don has been that inspiration for me. Donโ€™s sharing of his travels will further challenge me for many years to come.

If anything, the loss of Don Curley is a constant reminder that we are here for such a short time, donโ€™t waste that time.

Don, thank you, I look forward to meeting, you some day, down the trail.

bryan
08 F550-4X4-CC-6.4L Dsl-206"WB GVWR17,950#
09 Lance 1191
1,560wSolar~10-6vGC2-1,160AmpH~Tri-Star-Two(2)60/MPPT~Xantrex 2000W
300wSolar~2-6vAGM-300AmpH~Tri-Star45/MPPT~Xantrex 1500W
16 BMW R1200GSW Adventure
16 KTM 500 EXC
06 Honda CRF450X
09 Haulmark Trlr

sleepy
Explorer
Explorer
Janet, please accept our condolences. We will miss him.

Chet and Janet
2003 Lance 1161,/slideout/AGM batteries/255W Solar/propane generator/Sat dish/2 Fantastic Fans/AC/winter pkg
AirFoil, Trimetric, LED lights, Platcat vent heat

2003GMC K3500 LT/Crewcab/duramax diesel/allison/dually/4x4/OnStar/front reciever mounted spare