cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

The end for me

trailgranny50
Explorer
Explorer
Lost my husband three weeks ago and just can't deal with camping alone. He was the pilot me the navigator. It's all for sale now. We had a good run, 49 years.
2004 Chevy 3500 Duramax all stock
1990 950 Shadow Cruiser Hard side multiple add-ons
Ancient Valco 10'x5' John boat
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser Trail Team
One-eyed Trail Horse and one horse trailer
Rocky, Annie, Muffie traveling Fur Babies
37 REPLIES 37

d3500ram
Explorer III
Explorer III
Condolences.

I cannot fathom what you are experiencing, but I can relate what happened to my father when my mother passed away. They were avid RV'ers and while the TT never moved again my dad went on living a full and active lifestyle. He met a very nice lady and their travels were more of the get-on-a-plane and go to Hawaii, Alaska, Florida, etc...

I agree with others to hold off on selling the RV. Perhaps it may come back into vogue for you. God has a plan for all of us and I wish you peace.
Sold the TC, previous owner of 2 NorthStar pop-ups & 2 Northstar Arrows...still have the truck:

2005 Dodge 3500 SRW, Qcab long bed, NV-6500, diesel, 4WD, Helwig, 9000XL,
Nitto 285/70/17 Terra Grapplers, Honda eu3000Is, custom overload spring perch spacers.

Mote
Explorer
Explorer
trailgranny50 wrote:
Lost my husband three weeks ago and just can't deal with camping alone. He was the pilot me the navigator. It's all for sale now. We had a good run, 49 years.

we are so sorry for your loss. Our prayers are with you and your family.
49 years is a great run. I'm sure you have a lot great memories and stories.
2005 Dodge 3500
2001 Lance 1030
2006 Cougar 29RL

notsobigjoe
Nomad III
Nomad III
I will pray for him and you....

Bubtoofat
Explorer
Explorer
We are so sorry for your loss.

Mike and Maria
2005 Chevy 2500HD Crew 4X4 6.0
2011 Northstar Adventurer
Hellwig Bigwig, Ride-Rites, Fastguns, KYB Monomax.

"No matter where I am, I can't help feeling I'm just a day away from where I want to be."
Jackson Browne

NCWriter
Explorer
Explorer
I want to add my sympathy and condolences. Almost every day on this summer's extended trip, we talk as we go down the highway about what a great time we have had during these RVing trips, and the wonderful places we've seen, experiences and adventures we've had. I'm so glad you had that, too.

joerg68
Nomad III
Nomad III
So sorry for your loss. That must be devastating.
Your life will return to a new normal. Give it time and grieve.

Our thoughts are with you.
2014 Ford F350 XLT 6.2 SCLB + 2017 Northstar Arrow

CAJW
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry for your loss.
2013 AF 996, 2013 Chevy 3500 CC,LWB,4X4, Duramax, DRW, 3.73 rear, Torklift Stableloads & Tie-downs,Fast Guns, Ride Rite Air Bags, Superhitch w/ 32" extension.Big Wigs, Front Timbrens, TST TPMS-507,CubbyCam, Trimetric. TM & SC 2030 150W + 100W suitcase

pconroy328
Explorer
Explorer
trailgranny50 wrote:

My sincere condolences for your loss.
Hold the memories close.

All of our trails come to an end, eventually.
Hold those memories close to the heart.

God bless.

Freedom_49
Explorer
Explorer
My wife and I offer our heartfelt sympathy. I cannot imagine going through what you are, and I hope that at some point in the future the memories can ease the loss in some small way. All our best for your future, and thanks for having the courage to include us all in this post.

bighatnohorse
Explorer II
Explorer II
'Till death do us part. It seems so unfair yet is part of our vows.
Small comfort that you had a good run, better than many and as good as one can hope for.
2021 Arctic Fox 1150
'15 F350 6.7 diesel dually long bed
Eagle Cap Owners
โ€œThe best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity."
-Yeats

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
I'm so sorry trailgranny. My husband and I sometimes talk of what we'll do without one another, but it's not the same as actually going through it. Sometimes I tease him and tell him that I'll sell the dually and fifth wheel and hit the road with a small class C or pickup camper with the grandkids loaded up. You need to do what's right for you. Take care of yourself.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

coolmom42
Explorer II
Explorer II
I am so sorry for your loss. Glad you have some wonderful memories, though.
Single empty-nester in Middle TN, sometimes with a friend or grandchild on board

I can't imagine my life without my wife.. I am so sorry for your loss, stay strong, like stated above, please don't make any large decisions just yet.. sit on things, let life settle down, who knows you may enjoy the break from normal life that camping brings..
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
So very sorry.
Cant imagine the sorrow and shock.
Please take care and know our thoughts are with you.

untamed_spirits
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry for your loss.